Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 357

Thread: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

  1. #111
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Prove that they voted for bush* because he spoke spanish, as you claimed
    In all fairness, it is my opinion, and I never called your opinion "ignorant". So, if my opinion is what you call "ignorant", please show me that your opinion is fact. Thanks.

  2. #112
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    In all fairness, it is my opinion, and I never called your opinion "ignorant". So, if my opinion is what you call "ignorant", please show me that your opinion is fact. Thanks.
    That's because my opinion wasn't ignorant, but yours was. Your opinion showed no knowledge of bush*'s position on immigration or how his position was supported by hispanic voters.

    And I will show you that my claim is supported by facts after you show that your claim (that hispanic voters voted for bush* because he spoke spanish) is supported by facts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #113
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    More likely not
    Wow, you didn't know that culture at all did you? We're a decade on, but were still very religious and not as many as today had a soft spot for illegals. You don't live out West here so you likely have that East Coast look on the culture. Far different out here, though less so today than even 10 years ago.

  4. #114
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's because my opinion wasn't ignorant, but yours was. Your opinion showed no knowledge of bush*'s position on immigration or how his position was supported by hispanic voters.

    And I will show you that my claim is supported by facts after you show that your claim (that hispanic voters voted for bush* because he spoke spanish) is supported by facts
    So, just as I thought, you have no proof to negate my opinion. Thanks.

  5. #115
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's because my opinion wasn't ignorant, but yours was. Your opinion showed no knowledge of bush*'s position on immigration or how his position was supported by hispanic voters.

    And I will show you that my claim is supported by facts after you show that your claim (that hispanic voters voted for bush* because he spoke spanish) is supported by facts
    You made your [unsupported] claim first - prove yours first. My daughter is one half Panamanian, does that make her an hispanic voter? If so, she and all her friends were foursquare against Bush's ideas involving immigration. But she supported Bush for the POTUS.

  6. #116
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    So, just as I thought, you have no proof to negate my opinion. Thanks.
    Just as I thought. *You* have no proof to negate my opinion.

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #117
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You made your [unsupported] claim first - prove yours first. My daughter is one half Panamanian, does that make her an hispanic voter? If so, she and all her friends were foursquare against Bush's ideas involving immigration. But she supported Bush for the POTUS.
    No, the claim that hispanics voted for bush* because he spoke spanish was made before I made any claims about the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #118
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the claim that hispanics voted for bush* because he spoke spanish was made before I made any claims about the issue.
    I didn't claim that Hispanics voted for Bush because he can speak Spanish. I said that all you have to do is be able to speak Spanish and kiss their ass a little bit, and you'll get the Hispanic vote.

    So I'm still waiting for the proof that my opinion is "ignorant" and that your opinion is the cold-hard fact.

  9. #119
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the claim that hispanics voted for bush* because he spoke spanish was made before I made any claims about the issue.
    Okay, well then I'll show proof of my claim:

    •Religion appears to be linked to President Bush’s improved showing among Hispanics in 2004 over 2000, when he took 34 percent of Latino votes. Hispanic Protestants made up a larger share of the Latino vote last year (32% in 2004 compared with 25% in 2000), and 56 percent of these voters supported the president in 2004, compared with 44 percent in 2000. The president’s share of the Hispanic Catholic vote remained essentially unchanged between 2000 and 2004.
    Source

  10. #120
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Not Mexican migrants, ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants. They are wetbacks, and that's not a racial/ethnic slur. This isn't a party issue. There really are just as many racist Democrats as there are Republicans.
    Funny. I never here a Democrat Politician calling Mexicans wetbacks, blacks N-words, women sluts or gays homos. That's pretty much a GOP thing.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •