Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 164

Thread: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam[W: 143]

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    1) did you skip political theory the day they taught communism? We live in America and pushing the use of a right is far from a "communist" motive. Are you just trying to paint them as communist? Because that is a glaring misunderstanding of what communism actually is. Communism doesn't own the trademark rights to the phrase, "for the masses," because...they don't believe in them. For the "masses" has been a phrase existent long before the invention and rise of communism. Talk to Plato, Machiavelli, Locke, Robespierre, and Burke. I'm sure you will find that they also used the phrase, and trying to nail something down as "communist" or "fascist" is a joke within American politics...because well...they have a concrete definition and existence in this world...and not within a right Wing organization. All of this comes from a Republican btw. You will never see me call a democrat a communist or fascist. I know what those words mean.

    2) So you are saying the lobbyists pushing to fight future action is a bad idea for an organization that represents, for better or worse, the American gun owners and their rights? And now you are claiming that their claims that we were standing on the edge of the anti-gun cliff were false? All it took was but 1 incident and we were pushed ever so gingerly into the pit yet again. It seems that the concept of "ambition created to counter act ambition," went over your head. They pushed against the anti gun crowd who just waited for a tragedy to strike at our rights. If you don't see the logic behind being ready for the inevitable anti gun pushes...you are not paying attention.

    3) So. Prove me wrong? What do you see from the anti- gun crowd? More legislation being pushed. Executive orders too. Government steps to void the 2nd or to limit it so that only the very rich can afford it.

    4) What? Try English. Are you against the policy of innocent until proven guilty? Are you saying you should be required to prove that you are a legal gun owner any time you do anything firearms related...including learning proper safety.

    5) What in the hell does keeping a record have to do with learning safety with a firearm? Given the number of accidents vs mass shootings only 1 person in this conversation seems to be suffering from paranoia. And. As stated. NRA being against record keeping is a foundation of one of their policy of being against registries. Good on them for not keeping records on than membership and receipts for safety classes. On top of this. What relevance does record keeping have for the NRA?

    6) The only dogma I have seen has been the standard hate against the NRA.
    Did you skip reading comprehension? I said you use a commie term, nothing more. The Nra doesn't say anything about masses but promotes civilian marksmanship, wiggle and spin all you want.

    Oh they don't push anything for the future, they have very nice offices on K-street to pay for, nice suits that cost more than most competition rifles and let us not forget wining and dining politicians even when there is no storm on the horizon. When the real fight looms, such as it really wasn't, they ramp up the calls for even more money. I know, i am a member.

    You funny guy. When a liberal points to some numb nut politician, bill or fall from grace the knee jerk reaction is , "hey we ain't all like that", but we have a discussion on what is a RESPONSIBLE thing to do, and you knee jerk roll it into a call for a new law. point to where I said that? You once again ASSumed.

    Try is stay rational... you prove yourself 'innocent' to CCW. you prove yourself 'innocent' to purchase a firearm in a retail store. Due to liability most every serious marksmanship school I can think of as some sort of backround check. I'd hate to see the humbub over a series of felons holding NRA certificates dated AFTER their felon conviction. Would punch a huge hole in the NRA credibility.

    What the hell is the NRA denied Lanza until the certificate was found. I understand the NRA being against record keeping- though it smacks of the same reasons tax cheats and embezzlers prefer a little paper trail to a well documented one. Course your argument is shallow. The NRA proudly claims numbers trained, schools visited, numbers attending Youth/lady programs but seems reluctant to show any documentation. Recording who took what course violates no rights, it doesn't even mean the student owns a firearm. Pure smoke to claim other wise.

    If the only dogma you see is against the NRA you have blinders on...

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh the NRA doesn't use 'for the masses' they promote civilian marksmanship. For the masses is commie.

    The NRA 'fights' the anti 'gun' crowd even when the anti 'gun' crowd isn't hitting a lick. Back in the first term when there was no serious push on new restrictions the NRA kept a steady give us money drumbeat up because Obama MIGHT do something...

    Ahhh the old 'they always' defense to create a bogus point to argue against... 'they' ALWAYS want new laws... Rather than being reasonable....got it!

    Many years ago a rather angry man got nose to nose with me and said... ASSuming makes an ass out of you and me...you trying to make me an ass trainee??!! An odd assumption to make after so many folks declare laws only keep 'guns' out of the hands of law abiding citizens, the bad guys will ignore the laws...

    You can be paranoid, but if you are that paranoid get private no certificate training, This is about cattle call 'classes' that issue certificates. I understand some thinking the basics of 'gun' handling can be book learned- if so then stay with that and avoid any paper trail, but when NRA Certified Instructors sign fancy pieces of paper in the name of the NRA a record would be prudent. When teaching 'the masses' how to use firearms the prudent do due diligence.

    The dogma slaves just ASS-u-me and move on...
    Pushing pistol marksmanship on the masses is a long way from pushing pistol marksmanship for the masses.

    Besides, no doubt this publication has a chapter on safety. I thought even the anti-gunners were at least pro-gun-safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #83
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’s Ho

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I can name Adam Lanza. Case closed.

    But we get your position: you don't mind that the NRA helps train mass murderers to kill children, as long as can cling to you gun at night. It's down to that, isn't it?
    Case closed? How so? You have 1 irrelevant case...with barely a connection. Do you know what that is called? Circumstantial. How many honest hard working NON MASS MURDERING people have come out of NRA training? Thousands. That ISN'T circumstantial. That is relevant data. Your argument is not only erroneous, but lacking in facts and data, and based on emotional babbling.

    Can't get over that you lost?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I can name Adam Lanza. Case closed.

    But we get your position: you don't mind that the NRA helps train mass murderers to kill children, as long as can cling to you gun at night. It's down to that, isn't it?
    What do you suggest be done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is moronic is not knowing that some of the deadliest active shooters had no firearms experience but had extensive video game experience which used electronic gun Heath High School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Attorney General John Ashcroft claimed Carneal's proficient marksmanship was due to practice in violent video games.[13] you need to understand that I don't post stuff unless i have a factual basis. and again you get schooled
    Oh when you do use facts that mean something I do take note, but there are so few to note.

    Did the Columbine kids practice with a variety of firearms?
    Did the sandy hook guy practice with firearms?
    did the DC 'snipers' practice with real firearms?
    Did the Ft. Hood shooter practice with real firearms?

    What is moronic is cherry picking the evidence and mislabeling an event... the Heath High School shooting caused 3 deaths and 5 wounded, tragic yes, but since then there have been 11 with fewer killed/wounded, 4 with the same casualty list, and 28 with MORE killed and wounded... I'd say your one example is neither 'some' or one of the most deadliest.

    As far as what John Ashcroft 'claims' is responsible he never produces anything but his opinion. I see him as highly biased, the same way the many rightb wingers see the current AG as a political hack, Ashcroft just happens to be a right wing one. he produced no study to back his claim, just an opinion.

    I'd say your lawyering must be all on paper and never in a court room where counterpoints are made because you don't seem to know the way to a school, much less how to school anyone...

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Pushing pistol marksmanship on the masses is a long way from pushing pistol marksmanship for the masses.

    Besides, no doubt this publication has a chapter on safety. I thought even the anti-gunners were at least pro-gun-safety.
    Not the point, my point is using the term 'masses' is commie, the NRA was created to promote civilian marksmanship, they never use the commie term masses.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Not the point, my point is using the term 'masses' is commie, the NRA was created to promote civilian marksmanship, they never use the commie term masses.
    Masses is a commie term? I'm quite sure that masses is a god bit older than Communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Masses is a commie term? I'm quite sure that masses is a god bit older than Communism.
    Ahh but the Right Wing is found of quoting commies using the term. Most everything has an older form. but you deflect on what i said to start the quibbling from the Right wing- the NRA promotes civilian marksmanship, they NEVER claim to do anything for any masses....

    Oh I forgot in your early post...the BS about even anti'gun' nuts should want firearm safety....

    Dude, NOBODY said other wise, I do think the NRA should keep track of those they award certificates to and a back round check, like every school I know of does, is prudent and RESPONSIBLE. Who said the classes should end?

  9. #89
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    So he must have followed that 'guide to pistol shooting' huh? That must be what caused the incident.

    HOJFM

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh when you do use facts that mean something I do take note, but there are so few to note.

    Did the Columbine kids practice with a variety of firearms?
    Did the sandy hook guy practice with firearms?
    did the DC 'snipers' practice with real firearms?
    Did the Ft. Hood shooter practice with real firearms?

    What is moronic is cherry picking the evidence and mislabeling an event... the Heath High School shooting caused 3 deaths and 5 wounded, tragic yes, but since then there have been 11 with fewer killed/wounded, 4 with the same casualty list, and 28 with MORE killed and wounded... I'd say your one example is neither 'some' or one of the most deadliest.

    As far as what John Ashcroft 'claims' is responsible he never produces anything but his opinion. I see him as highly biased, the same way the many rightb wingers see the current AG as a political hack, Ashcroft just happens to be a right wing one. he produced no study to back his claim, just an opinion.

    I'd say your lawyering must be all on paper and never in a court room where counterpoints are made because you don't seem to know the way to a school, much less how to school anyone...
    more gaping idiocy. par for the course.



Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •