2) So you are saying the lobbyists pushing to fight future action is a bad idea for an organization that represents, for better or worse, the American gun owners and their rights? And now you are claiming that their claims that we were standing on the edge of the anti-gun cliff were false? All it took was but 1 incident and we were pushed ever so gingerly into the pit yet again. It seems that the concept of "ambition created to counter act ambition," went over your head. They pushed against the anti gun crowd who just waited for a tragedy to strike at our rights. If you don't see the logic behind being ready for the inevitable anti gun pushes...you are not paying attention.
3) So. Prove me wrong? What do you see from the anti- gun crowd? More legislation being pushed. Executive orders too. Government steps to void the 2nd or to limit it so that only the very rich can afford it.
4) What? Try English. Are you against the policy of innocent until proven guilty? Are you saying you should be required to prove that you are a legal gun owner any time you do anything firearms related...including learning proper safety.
5) What in the hell does keeping a record have to do with learning safety with a firearm? Given the number of accidents vs mass shootings only 1 person in this conversation seems to be suffering from paranoia. And. As stated. NRA being against record keeping is a foundation of one of their policy of being against registries. Good on them for not keeping records on than membership and receipts for safety classes. On top of this. What relevance does record keeping have for the NRA?
6) The only dogma I have seen has been the standard hate against the NRA.