Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164

Thread: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam[W: 143]

  1. #71
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,323

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’s Ho

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh the NRA doesn't use 'for the masses' they promote civilian marksmanship. For the masses is commie.

    The NRA 'fights' the anti 'gun' crowd even when the anti 'gun' crowd isn't hitting a lick. Back in the first term when there was no serious push on new restrictions the NRA kept a steady give us money drumbeat up because Obama MIGHT do something...

    Ahhh the old 'they always' defense to create a bogus point to argue against... 'they' ALWAYS want new laws... Rather than being reasonable....got it!

    Many years ago a rather angry man got nose to nose with me and said... ASSuming makes an ass out of you and me...you trying to make me an ass trainee??!! An odd assumption to make after so many folks declare laws only keep 'guns' out of the hands of law abiding citizens, the bad guys will ignore the laws...

    You can be paranoid, but if you are that paranoid get private no certificate training, This is about cattle call 'classes' that issue certificates. I understand some thinking the basics of 'gun' handling can be book learned- if so then stay with that and avoid any paper trail, but when NRA Certified Instructors sign fancy pieces of paper in the name of the NRA a record would be prudent. When teaching 'the masses' how to use firearms the prudent do due diligence.

    The dogma slaves just ASS-u-me and move on...
    1) did you skip political theory the day they taught communism? We live in America and pushing the use of a right is far from a "communist" motive. Are you just trying to paint them as communist? Because that is a glaring misunderstanding of what communism actually is. Communism doesn't own the trademark rights to the phrase, "for the masses," because...they don't believe in them. For the "masses" has been a phrase existent long before the invention and rise of communism. Talk to Plato, Machiavelli, Locke, Robespierre, and Burke. I'm sure you will find that they also used the phrase, and trying to nail something down as "communist" or "fascist" is a joke within American politics...because well...they have a concrete definition and existence in this world...and not within a right Wing organization. All of this comes from a Republican btw. You will never see me call a democrat a communist or fascist. I know what those words mean.

    2) So you are saying the lobbyists pushing to fight future action is a bad idea for an organization that represents, for better or worse, the American gun owners and their rights? And now you are claiming that their claims that we were standing on the edge of the anti-gun cliff were false? All it took was but 1 incident and we were pushed ever so gingerly into the pit yet again. It seems that the concept of "ambition created to counter act ambition," went over your head. They pushed against the anti gun crowd who just waited for a tragedy to strike at our rights. If you don't see the logic behind being ready for the inevitable anti gun pushes...you are not paying attention.

    3) So. Prove me wrong? What do you see from the anti- gun crowd? More legislation being pushed. Executive orders too. Government steps to void the 2nd or to limit it so that only the very rich can afford it.

    4) What? Try English. Are you against the policy of innocent until proven guilty? Are you saying you should be required to prove that you are a legal gun owner any time you do anything firearms related...including learning proper safety.

    5) What in the hell does keeping a record have to do with learning safety with a firearm? Given the number of accidents vs mass shootings only 1 person in this conversation seems to be suffering from paranoia. And. As stated. NRA being against record keeping is a foundation of one of their policy of being against registries. Good on them for not keeping records on than membership and receipts for safety classes. On top of this. What relevance does record keeping have for the NRA?

    6) The only dogma I have seen has been the standard hate against the NRA.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You just want to deflect. The NRA has to keep CCW records, there is no comparison.

    I'd say the moronic rant is to try and compare playing video games with teaching people how to use firearms...
    what is moronic is not knowing that some of the deadliest active shooters had no firearms experience but had extensive video game experience which used electronic guns


    Heath High School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Attorney General John Ashcroft claimed Carneal's proficient marksmanship was due to practice in violent video games.[13]


    you need to understand that I don't post stuff unless i have a factual basis. and again you get schooled



  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is moronic is not knowing that some of the deadliest active shooters had no firearms experience but had extensive video game experience which used electronic guns


    Heath High School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Attorney General John Ashcroft claimed Carneal's proficient marksmanship was due to practice in violent video games.[13]


    you need to understand that I don't post stuff unless i have a factual basis. and again you get schooled
    So since some mass murderers don't use NRA shooting tips, it's wonderful that NRA provides the service to other mass murderers.

    Boomsticklovers and their logic.

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So since some mass murderers don't use NRA shooting tips, it's wonderful that NRA provides the service to other mass murderers.

    Boomsticklovers and their logic.
    are you still mad that NRA training has allowed lots of cops and civilians to survive attacks by the criminals you actively support?



  5. #75
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So since some mass murderers don't use NRA shooting tips, it's wonderful that NRA provides the service to other mass murderers.

    Boomsticklovers and their logic.
    At least they're demonstrating some logic, which your posts do not. We're all still waiting for you to substantiate a single thing you've said. You are ignoring what people are saying to you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #76
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    At least they're demonstrating some logic, which your posts do not. We're all still waiting for you to substantiate a single thing you've said. You are ignoring what people are saying to you.
    last night he repeated the same post dozens of times-always demanding why we supported people owning "military style weapons" which he idiotically claimed HAVE NO OTHER PURPOSE besides mass murder.

    He ignored dozens of responses and indeed a thread I started on the subject.

    The far wrong left hates the NRA for its support of conservative candidates



  7. #77
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    They are the leader in gun safety, and the rest of what you wrote is a contradiction.
    Thats the laughable part. Most states with the strictest gun control laws requires an NRA certified safety course to get a gun permit.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    NRA Certificate and



    The sickness that is the NRA continues to be exposed.
    ....so what's your point here? Plenty of people have NRA stuffs, most of them ain't looking to shoot up the place. You cannot take a statistical outlier and claim it has meaning to the whole of a group.

    Do people take math and science anymore?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #79
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,323

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’s Ho

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So since some mass murderers don't use NRA shooting tips, it's wonderful that NRA provides the service to other mass murderers.

    Boomsticklovers and their logic.
    Can you name the "several?" No? Didnt think so. Am I a mass murderer because I am an NRA member? Or shooter?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Can you name the "several?" No? Didnt think so. Am I a mass murderer because I am an NRA member? Or shooter?
    I can name Adam Lanza. Case closed.

    But we get your position: you don't mind that the NRA helps train mass murderers to kill children, as long as can cling to you gun at night. It's down to that, isn't it?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •