Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 164

Thread: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam[W: 143]

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,608

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I've been to quite a few "professional schools" training in combat firearms use of which you speak... some vet their students and some do not, some keep records and some do not.

    If I'm not mistaken the NRA course in question is just a basic pistol course, right?


    This is a bunch of overhyped hoopla. "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
    the NRA keeps a record of anyone who is certified as an INSTRUCTOR

    the instructors keep a record of those who comply with CCW training requirements

    not those who take a basic course that does not allow the student anything (such as a CCW)



  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if your rants had any merit people would be supporting your hysterical psychobabble about the NRA you are just whining for the sake of whining. The NRA certifies the instructors. They don't run the training programs per se. If you knew anything about that you would understand that.
    More Turtle Twist and puffery, trying to dodge away from the NRA responsibility by claiming certifying Instructors removes responsibility because they don't 'per se'.

    The NRA puts it's logo right up top the event. They have event packets and guidelines on how to run the event. They set the standards for the classes so including a set of instructions on screening students can easily be part of the Certification- if the Instructors fail to screen THEN the NRA can try to fig leaf their involvement. So don't attempt to lawyer out with a per se...

    I'd say if you ever attended any NRA event you'd understand that. Put your name on it and claim it when touting the 'good' things you do in the community, you then can't per se your way away from it...

    I do see a lawyer angle to don't ask and don't tell in regards to NRA sponsored events- the Instructors who get certified are an uneven lot when it comes to management skills, requiring them to screen students for a more show than go 'class' would be taxing. It is easier to make someone prove a certain person had attended a class than have your own records used against you.

    Lawyer 101, make them prove it all on their own than have the proof in your own records...

    FYI I love your need for outside validation in these discussions... very telling about your lack of support in other places off the interwebz. I reckon except for a few radical right ranters- instead of a dozen of supporters for the 'gotta have guns' rants, you had one until last nite. Spare me the herd mindset...

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I've been to quite a few "professional schools" training in combat firearms use of which you speak... some vet their students and some do not, some keep records and some do not. If I'm not mistaken the NRA course in question is just a basic pistol course, right? This is a bunch of overhyped hoopla. "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
    Name the non military schools you claim to have attended that DIDN'T screen the non military, non LE attendees? I'd love to know who they are....

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh...you like 'facts'. Ok...fact...antigun morons drag the NRA boogieman out and try to make them somehow relevant in the discussion at the drop of a dime. Fact...the NRA had nothing to do with this tragedy. Fact...the NRA involvement in Sandy hook began AFTER morons from the antigun crowd used this tragedy to begin promoting new laws and bans..laws and bans which would have had zero impact on the tragedy. There's lots of facts.
    Again rather than discuss the fact the NRA doesn't backround check or keep records of who they train... FYI they keep records of who shoots an NRA sanctioned match which is done by volunteer NRA certified match directors... and instead take the discussion to the NRA Apologists favorite whine.... poor picked on NRA...

    Forgot to add, they do get a cut of the match entrance fee as well, so it isn't all out of the goodness of their heart the NRA puts it's name on events, they get money for it.

  5. #135
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Again rather than discuss the fact the NRA doesn't backround check or keep records of who they train... FYI they keep records of who shoots an NRA sanctioned match which is done by volunteer NRA certified match directors... and instead take the discussion to the NRA Apologists favorite whine.... poor picked on NRA...

    Forgot to add, they do get a cut of the match entrance fee as well, so it isn't all out of the goodness of their heart the NRA puts it's name on events, they get money for it.
    Again...rather than address the fact that the NRA has no relative bearing in this discussion you mindlessly insist their practice of not documenting or investigating class participants is 'relevant'. It's ****ing moronic to continually drag the NRA into the discussion but we know why you do. You have to have an enemy...a boogieman...and the NRA as an entity dares to stab against the idiotic useless laws you support. How dare they.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 03-30-13 at 11:43 AM.

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Anyone who gives the guy who perpetrated the murder a handbook on how to do is is the "deep" one. And anybody who defends such a sick organization is, well, you.

    But really, continue with your meme. It's all you got.
    So i'm sure that you think that our government is just as sickening right? After all, they've killed MILLIONS more than all the mass murderers over the last 50 years put together.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #137
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,608

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Again...rather than address he fact that the NRA has no relative bearing in this discussion you mindlessly insist heir practice of not documenting or investigating class participants is 'relevant'. It's ****ing moronic to continually drag the NRA into the discussion but we know why you do. You have to have an enemy...a boogieman...and the NRA as an entity dares to stab against the idiotic useless laws you support. How dare they.

    progressives hate the NRA and wish it would disappear because the NRA channels millions of dollars to politicians who almost always vote against the welfare socialist agenda progressives love and cherish.



  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,608

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    More Turtle Twist and puffery, trying to dodge away from the NRA responsibility by claiming certifying Instructors removes responsibility because they don't 'per se'.

    The NRA puts it's logo right up top the event. They have event packets and guidelines on how to run the event. They set the standards for the classes so including a set of instructions on screening students can easily be part of the Certification- if the Instructors fail to screen THEN the NRA can try to fig leaf their involvement. So don't attempt to lawyer out with a per se...

    I'd say if you ever attended any NRA event you'd understand that. Put your name on it and claim it when touting the 'good' things you do in the community, you then can't per se your way away from it...

    I do see a lawyer angle to don't ask and don't tell in regards to NRA sponsored events- the Instructors who get certified are an uneven lot when it comes to management skills, requiring them to screen students for a more show than go 'class' would be taxing. It is easier to make someone prove a certain person had attended a class than have your own records used against you.

    Lawyer 101, make them prove it all on their own than have the proof in your own records...

    FYI I love your need for outside validation in these discussions... very telling about your lack of support in other places off the interwebz. I reckon except for a few radical right ranters- instead of a dozen of supporters for the 'gotta have guns' rants, you had one until last nite. Spare me the herd mindset...
    what moronic tripe. hysterical psychobabbling nonsense. wannabe whining



  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Breaking News: It has come to light that the Navy and LAPD taught Chris Dorner many of the skills he used to carry out his attacks.

    I am disgusted with the Navy and LAPD, they both need to stop training people immediately. What if someone else is able to use their skills for a bad purpose? Surly that risk outweighs the benefits of a skilled military and police force?

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Again...rather than address the fact that the NRA has no relative bearing in this discussion you mindlessly insist their practice of not documenting or investigating class participants is 'relevant'. It's ****ing moronic to continually drag the NRA into the discussion but we know why you do. You have to have an enemy...a boogieman...and the NRA as an entity dares to stab against the idiotic useless laws you support. How dare they.
    Laughing, are you a lawyer too??? The point was, until the NRA apologists started to spin and whine, the NRA doesn't keep records like every school I can name does. It doesn't backround check it's students either.

    NOW rather than discuss that the NRA whiners want to move the goalposts and discuss something else... start your own thread on that!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •