Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 164

Thread: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam[W: 143]

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, following your illogic.

    Boeing makes and flies planes. A good thing.

    The NRA promotes shooting guns, generally a dangerous and bad thing, especially when linked to their gun porn view of the world, which the mad shooters usually buy into.

    If you can't see the difference between aircraft and shooting people, I can't help you.
    Much like guns, Boeing's aircraft are a bad thing if used in a illegal or irresponsible manner.

    Many things are dangerous, but guns are nowhere near the top of my list. I feel much safer shooting a gun than I do driving a car to the range.

    If you can't see the difference between training people how to correctly and safely handle a weapon and an deranged nut job killing people, I can't help you.

  2. #122
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas105 View Post
    What if they found a bible in his home, Can we consider that evil? Maybe it brought him to become a Marty?

    We should ban books to stop this evil. (Sarcasm Sensed in this line)
    Ironically...mention the violent video games involving 'shooting' and watch how quickly people flip to insist THAT has no play whatsoever...

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    First, stop the weird rightwing gun porn memes from the NRA that make it impossible to discuss gun control rationally.

    Second, look what other countries like the UK and Australia have done to successfully curb gun violence and see if it can be adapted to the US.

    Third, require a license to own a gun and make gun owners liable for any violence caused by that gun if it is transfered to a third party.

    Fourth, require gun owners to buy insurance to clean up for the messes they cause.

    Fifth, surcharge gun manufactureres to help pay for the mess they cause.

    Sixth, treat guns like booze and cigarettes, a health hazard that needs to be curtailed through public information, especailly against gun culture and its pornographic visions of violence.

    Seven, restrict magazines and other macho accessories like armor piercing bullets.

    Eight, if this doesn't work, ban guns like the UK and Australia did. It worked there.
    1) Making me responsbile for some else's stupidity is even stupider. Unless, of course you want to legalize vigilanteism, which I could go along with.

    2) Gun ban in the UK and Australia didn't work. Stop with the propaganda.

    3) Full metal jacketed bullets are the least leathal of all the bullets made. It's the reason that the Geneva Convention makes FMJ bullets the ONLY legal bullet to be used in battle. Read a book and learn something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, following your illogic.

    Boeing makes and flies planes. A good thing.

    The NRA promotes shooting guns, generally a dangerous and bad thing, especially when linked to their gun porn view of the world, which the mad shooters usually buy into.

    If you can't see the difference between aircraft and shooting people, I can't help you.
    There are millions of rounds fired in this country every year for non-violent and justifiable reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    This whole thread is meaningless if all of that (what the NRA should supposedly have done) would have made effectively zero difference.

    The point is pointless.
    Given the thousands of threads that are over odd/bizarre things in here your point is pointless. Some simple facts were pointed out and instead of just going 'ah-huh' and moving on the NRA Apologists spin like tops and move the topic back to their final line of defense...

    Fact- professional schools do backround check their students

    Fact- professional schools keep track of who they train.

    Fact- the NRA does neither

    Fact- the NRA apologists have tried everything from video games to 'it's justa safety course, are you against safety?' to deflect from the first two facts...

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Given the thousands of threads that are over odd/bizarre things in here your point is pointless. Some simple facts were pointed out and instead of just going 'ah-huh' and moving on the NRA Apologists spin like tops and move the topic back to their final line of defense...

    Fact- professional schools do backround check their students

    Fact- professional schools keep track of who they train.

    Fact- the NRA does neither

    Fact- the NRA apologists have tried everything from video games to 'it's justa safety course, are you against safety?' to deflect from the first two facts...
    more idiocy. the NRA certifies people as instructors. those instructors conduct courses that generally last less than a day or two.

    Professional schools-the shortest degree I am aware of takes two YEARS.

    you just want to whine about the NRA

    what disqualifying features did Lanza have before he went on his rampage?



  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more idiocy. the NRA certifies people as instructors. those instructors conduct courses that generally last less than a day or two. Professional schools-the shortest degree I am aware of takes two YEARS. you just want to whine about the NRA what disqualifying features did Lanza have before he went on his rampage?
    More predictable Turtle Twist...

    Professional schools are not 2 years long, they are anywhere from 2 days to 5 depending on the course. Who said anything about a 'degree' we were talking about certificates of training. Thousands of LE types attend 3 to 5 day classes and earn credit in their continuing education program by attending these professional schools.

    Either you are pretending to be ignorant of the facts like in the High School shooting you claim was on of the biggest mass shootings we have had, or truly are that ignorant.

    Odd, I would have said you just want to whine about me pointing out how poorly the NRA runs it's civilian training programs, you are quite the NRA Apologist.

    Now point to where I said the NRA taking even simple checks on their students would have barred Lanza? No, sir, I was simply pointing out how poorly the NRA runs it's training programs compared to professional schools.

    Twist away....

  8. #128
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    More predictable Turtle Twist...

    Professional schools are not 2 years long, they are anywhere from 2 days to 5 depending on the course. Who said anything about a 'degree' we were talking about certificates of training. Thousands of LE types attend 3 to 5 day classes and earn credit in their continuing education program by attending these professional schools.

    Either you are pretending to be ignorant of the facts like in the High School shooting you claim was on of the biggest mass shootings we have had, or truly are that ignorant.

    Odd, I would have said you just want to whine about me pointing out how poorly the NRA runs it's civilian training programs, you are quite the NRA Apologist.

    Now point to where I said the NRA taking even simple checks on their students would have barred Lanza? No, sir, I was simply pointing out how poorly the NRA runs it's training programs compared to professional schools.

    Twist away....
    if your rants had any merit people would be supporting your hysterical psychobabble about the NRA

    you are just whining for the sake of whining. The NRA certifies the instructors. They don't run the training programs per se. If you knew anything about that you would understand that.



  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Given the thousands of threads that are over odd/bizarre things in here your point is pointless. Some simple facts were pointed out and instead of just going 'ah-huh' and moving on the NRA Apologists spin like tops and move the topic back to their final line of defense...

    Fact- professional schools do backround check their students

    Fact- professional schools keep track of who they train.

    Fact- the NRA does neither

    Fact- the NRA apologists have tried everything from video games to 'it's justa safety course, are you against safety?' to deflect from the first two facts...

    I've been to quite a few "professional schools" training in combat firearms use of which you speak... some vet their students and some do not, some keep records and some do not.

    If I'm not mistaken the NRA course in question is just a basic pistol course, right?


    This is a bunch of overhyped hoopla. "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #130
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Given the thousands of threads that are over odd/bizarre things in here your point is pointless. Some simple facts were pointed out and instead of just going 'ah-huh' and moving on the NRA Apologists spin like tops and move the topic back to their final line of defense...

    Fact- professional schools do backround check their students

    Fact- professional schools keep track of who they train.

    Fact- the NRA does neither

    Fact- the NRA apologists have tried everything from video games to 'it's justa safety course, are you against safety?' to deflect from the first two facts...
    Oh...you like 'facts'. Ok...fact...antigun morons drag the NRA boogieman out and try to make them somehow relevant in the discussion at the drop of a dime. Fact...the NRA had nothing to do with this tragedy. Fact...the NRA involvement in Sandy hook began AFTER morons from the antigun crowd used this tragedy to begin promoting new laws and bans..laws and bans which would have had zero impact on the tragedy. There's lots of facts.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •