Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 164

Thread: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam[W: 143]

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Did you skip reading comprehension? I said you use a commie term, nothing more. The Nra doesn't say anything about masses but promotes civilian marksmanship, wiggle and spin all you want.

    Oh they don't push anything for the future, they have very nice offices on K-street to pay for, nice suits that cost more than most competition rifles and let us not forget wining and dining politicians even when there is no storm on the horizon. When the real fight looms, such as it really wasn't, they ramp up the calls for even more money. I know, i am a member.

    You funny guy. When a liberal points to some numb nut politician, bill or fall from grace the knee jerk reaction is , "hey we ain't all like that", but we have a discussion on what is a RESPONSIBLE thing to do, and you knee jerk roll it into a call for a new law. point to where I said that? You once again ASSumed.

    Try is stay rational... you prove yourself 'innocent' to CCW. you prove yourself 'innocent' to purchase a firearm in a retail store. Due to liability most every serious marksmanship school I can think of as some sort of backround check. I'd hate to see the humbub over a series of felons holding NRA certificates dated AFTER their felon conviction. Would punch a huge hole in the NRA credibility.

    What the hell is the NRA denied Lanza until the certificate was found. I understand the NRA being against record keeping- though it smacks of the same reasons tax cheats and embezzlers prefer a little paper trail to a well documented one. Course your argument is shallow. The NRA proudly claims numbers trained, schools visited, numbers attending Youth/lady programs but seems reluctant to show any documentation. Recording who took what course violates no rights, it doesn't even mean the student owns a firearm. Pure smoke to claim other wise.

    If the only dogma you see is against the NRA you have blinders on...
    even more gaping idiocy. still mad that the NRA funds candidates who don't buy into the creeping crud of progressivism

    who cares if Lanza had an NRA certificate. He probably had a driver's license too and used a car to get to the school.



  2. #92
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ahh but the Right Wing is found of quoting commies using the term. Most everything has an older form. but you deflect on what i said to start the quibbling from the Right wing- the NRA promotes civilian marksmanship, they NEVER claim to do anything for any masses....

    Oh I forgot in your early post...the BS about even anti'gun' nuts should want firearm safety....

    Dude, NOBODY said other wise, I do think the NRA should keep track of those they award certificates to and a back round check, like every school I know of does, is prudent and RESPONSIBLE. Who said the classes should end?
    I guess you aren't quite able to figure out that Lanza HAD NO RECORD OF ANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITY UNTIL HE WENT ON HIS MURDER SUICIDE spree. So what should the NRA have done and what difference would it have made?



  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ahh but the Right Wing is found of quoting commies using the term. Most everything has an older form. but you deflect on what i said to start the quibbling from the Right wing- the NRA promotes civilian marksmanship, they NEVER claim to do anything for any masses....

    Oh I forgot in your early post...the BS about even anti'gun' nuts should want firearm safety....

    Dude, NOBODY said other wise, I do think the NRA should keep track of those they award certificates to and a back round check, like every school I know of does, is prudent and RESPONSIBLE. Who said the classes should end?
    What's that supposed to accomplish? Sounds to me like you're just hoping that that documentation will provide you with future political fodder so that you can carry on your agenda to strip Americans of their civil rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #94
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So he must have followed that 'guide to pistol shooting' huh? That must be what caused the incident.

    HOJFM
    He paid particular attention to the chapter that covered hosing down a school house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He paid particular attention to the chapter that covered hosing down a school house.
    that was the second to last chapter. The last chapter was

    when you hear the sirens of the Po Po coming to arrest your sorry ass pull out the SIG, Stick it in your mouth and pull the trigger.



  6. #96
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He paid particular attention to the chapter that covered hosing down a school house.
    actually he was the worlds worst student. 1-he apparently didnt use 'pistols' and 2-dood went unhindered for over 10 minutes and only managed to shoot 20 kids. That's a rate of less than 1 every 30 seconds. You could just about be that effective with a black powder rifle.

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    NRA Certificate and



    The sickness that is the NRA continues to be exposed.
    nice work, detective.... you have exposed the "sickness" that for 140 years has been public knowledge.

    the NRA, since the 1870's, has put out guides to marksmanship, firearm safety, hunter safety, and self defense.

  8. #98
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’s Ho

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Did you skip reading comprehension? I said you use a commie term, nothing more. The Nra doesn't say anything about masses but promotes civilian marksmanship, wiggle and spin all you want.

    Oh they don't push anything for the future, they have very nice offices on K-street to pay for, nice suits that cost more than most competition rifles and let us not forget wining and dining politicians even when there is no storm on the horizon. When the real fight looms, such as it really wasn't, they ramp up the calls for even more money. I know, i am a member.

    You funny guy. When a liberal points to some numb nut politician, bill or fall from grace the knee jerk reaction is , "hey we ain't all like that", but we have a discussion on what is a RESPONSIBLE thing to do, and you knee jerk roll it into a call for a new law. point to where I said that? You once again ASSumed.

    Try is stay rational... you prove yourself 'innocent' to CCW. you prove yourself 'innocent' to purchase a firearm in a retail store. Due to liability most every serious marksmanship school I can think of as some sort of backround check. I'd hate to see the humbub over a series of felons holding NRA certificates dated AFTER their felon conviction. Would punch a huge hole in the NRA credibility.

    What the hell is the NRA denied Lanza until the certificate was found. I understand the NRA being against record keeping- though it smacks of the same reasons tax cheats and embezzlers prefer a little paper trail to a well documented one. Course your argument is shallow. The NRA proudly claims numbers trained, schools visited, numbers attending Youth/lady programs but seems reluctant to show any documentation. Recording who took what course violates no rights, it doesn't even mean the student owns a firearm. Pure smoke to claim other wise.

    If the only dogma you see is against the NRA you have blinders on...
    1) Ironic comment from you. Within my paragraph lies the same response I am now apparently needing to spoon feed you: "for the masses," is not a "commie" term. The philosophers I quoted all existed prior to Karl Marx, and they ALL discussed things "for the masses." Machiavelli frequently referred to the masses in both the "Prince" and "The Discourses." He was a monarchist in favor of bringing back the old Roman Republic. Sorry if I laugh at your understanding of political philosophy...it is so misinformed and you refuse to listen. I recommend you take and read ALL the philosophers I mentioned above combined with Karl Marx. "Commie" won't mean what you think it does, and I also seriously doubt you have even read through all of Marx's "Communist Manifesto" anyway.

    The part you really seem to be stuck on though isn't your lack of understanding of "commie" though. You also seem to be stuck on that whole NRA "not" being for the masses. It is. Because "for the masses" is a generic term and the NRA wants to promote civilian marksmanship, or the United States civilian population, that would be the "masses" of the United States. There is no wiggling or spinning going on bud. Im trying to educate you on political theory now so you may carry that knowledge with you and not continue to spout the nonsense you have posted far too many times already.

    2) Lol!! Do you understand how lobbyists work? Wine and dining politicians is how it works bud. That way you make sure the right palms are greased when some dimwit like Feinstein decides to start yapping and an aggressive 2nd Term Obama to start writing EOs. No liberal will get their legislation pushed through because of those greased palms from the pro gun lobby. You don't like how lobbying works? Don't send your money to a lobbyist organization. You only have you to blame for sending your money there if you don't like them. And if you don't like the way they operate I suggest you not renew any membership you have if it is yearly, or tell them to remove your membership if you are a life member (that is what I am). It just sounds like crying on your end to me now that I understand you don't get how a lobbying organization works.

    3) (eye roll) You understand that my statement about "legislating" something is that that is the only way for YOU to get what you want with background checks on SAFETY training. Short of that you are nothing but crying about the NRA NOT being redundant about background checks, and NOT violating a very important foundation of our legal system and assuming innocent before proven guilty, a principle you clearly have a problem with...which is sad because you wouldn't want to live in a nation where you are assumed guilty until proven innocent and proving your innocence means the burden of proof is on you rather than your accuser.

    4) You "prove your innocence" to demonstrate a right. You are limited by the no "convicted felon" requirement, which is in fact a compromise and that is all within reason. You also must demonstrate your legality in purchasing your own firearm. You cannot be a felon and own a gun. Nor can you be declared mentally incapable of ownership. So basically the already established LAWs you mention already make it a redundancy for the NRA to background check members. Seriously. This whole concept is redundancy wrapped up in a giant repetitive circular 360 process. Why prove you are capable of legal gun ownership for training when you are not legally allowed to be an owner? Seems redundant. I also wonder why there has been no huge push for former NRA convicted felons?

    5) As for the "NRA denial." A simple google search should take you 5 seconds if you are on a good connection. They are "denying" a "membership" relationship. Do you know what that means? He...nor his mother...were members. He had a "certificate" with his name on it. As you can find as a member...a template for these. I've also seen "NRA approved" certificates for clubs. So basically...a simple google search says the NRA certificate is.........irrelevant. If you wish to place blame on them...well I'm sorry but court of law would find the evidence circumstantial at best. So why relevance does the NRA have in reference to the Newtown Shooter?

    Yes. I see anti NRA dogma in the guise of "responsibility." I don't like the NRA that much, but I see them for what they are. Lobbyists. Lobbyists are not hookers. They are the people who pay for the hookers...politicians. And in the case you are making against the NRA you have nothing rational or relevant.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you aren't quite able to figure out that Lanza HAD NO RECORD OF ANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITY UNTIL HE WENT ON HIS MURDER SUICIDE spree. So what should the NRA have done and what difference would it have made?
    In the three posts in a row, you manage to ignore the fact you don't use facts, you can't school anyone, and run back to a position I never claimed was otherwise.

    Very 'persuasive'

    back on topic, my point was the NRA attempted to deny any connection with Lanza which proved untrue. I also note many more professionally run schools do routine backround checks on students which the NRA doesn't do. They also keeps far better records on who attends and receives certificates than the NRA.

    Nothing more, no take all the guns or punish the 'innocent'. none of the false arguments the radical Right throw up instead of discussing the issue at hand.

    Class dismissed....

  10. #100
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: NRA Certificate and “Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” Found in Adam Lanza’

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    In the three posts in a row, you manage to ignore the fact you don't use facts, you can't school anyone, and run back to a position I never claimed was otherwise.

    Very 'persuasive'

    back on topic, my point was the NRA attempted to deny any connection with Lanza which proved untrue. I also note many more professionally run schools do routine backround checks on students which the NRA doesn't do. They also keeps far better records on who attends and receives certificates than the NRA.

    Nothing more, no take all the guns or punish the 'innocent'. none of the false arguments the radical Right throw up instead of discussing the issue at hand.

    Class dismissed....
    More idiocy. The NRA is not the issue here. And those who whine about the NRA are generally those who are mad that the NRA funnels money to candidates who don't suck on the socialist tit



Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •