Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

  1. #1
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Texas Republican congressman got into a late-night verbal altercation with U.S. Park Police officers earlier this month, pulling rank in an attempt to get out of a parking ticket near the Lincoln Memorial. Gohmert’s communications director, Kimberly Willingham, told POLITICO via email that the congressman had dinner with his stepsister and her husband that evening and decided to drive them to the memorial. Gohmert told an officer that he “did not have time to deal with the issue,” according to the report. The report says that Gohmert told officers “I left my business card with the ticket and I am not paying for a ticket” and drove off without further incident.

    Washington law says members of Congress may park their cars “in any available curb space in the District of Columbia” when it is being used “on official business” and displaying the congressional registration tag issued by the member’s home state. Members may not block loading zones, fire hydrants or rush hour zones. A Park Police spokesman and Capitol Hill source said a congressional plate would not allow a lawmaker to park in a reserved spot near the Lincoln Memorial


    Read more: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

    Louie Gohmert: Who picked him?

  2. #2
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Gee - pickings are slim for the Gardener today - a parking ticket is your big story?

    A quick look at Google shows one of your liberal heroes, Barney Frank, using his congressional office to get his male prostitute lover, Steve Gobie, off the hook for 33 parking tickets back in the 80's.

    Your outrage is duly noted and the subject of more laughter today.

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,615

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Texas Republican congressman ... [SNIP]...

    Louie Gohmert: Who picked him?
    Really? Just venture a guess.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Gee - pickings are slim for the Gardener today - a parking ticket is your big story?

    A quick look at Google shows one of your liberal heroes, Barney Frank, using his congressional office to get his male prostitute lover, Steve Gobie, off the hook for 33 parking tickets back in the 80's.

    Your outrage is duly noted and the subject of more laughter today.
    Unfortnatly for your argument Barney frank is no longer in congress and his parking tickets issues from around thirty years ago do not relate to Louie gohmerts parking ticket which happened more recently.

  5. #5
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Unfortnatly for your argument Barney frank is no longer in congress and his parking tickets issues from around thirty years ago do not relate to Louie gohmerts parking ticket which happened more recently.
    Hmmm. Well, yes, they do relate, but I can imagine how you don't want that to be so.

  6. #6
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Unfortnatly for your argument Barney frank is no longer in congress and his parking tickets issues from around thirty years ago do not relate to Louie gohmerts parking ticket which happened more recently.
    From your perspective, what's unfortunate for my argument is that Barney Frank is a liberal hero and Louie Gohmert is a conservative. Liberals, like Frank and Clinton, who disgrace themselves in office, soon become national saints among their brethren, thus a single parking ticket to a conservative is a national tragedy and fixing 33 parking tickets for your slut boyfriend is old news.

  7. #7
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Some here can not stay on topic. I guess their agendas will not be dictated by facts.

  8. #8
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Some here can not stay on topic. I guess their agendas will not be dictated by facts.
    Unlike you, whose agenda is dictated only by hate mongering.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #9
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm. Well, yes, they do relate, but I can imagine how you don't want that to be so.
    --------------------
    The Frank and Gohmert incidents are related.
    Both are examples of our elite, political ruling class members abusing their power.
    Pay the ticket(s) and STFU.
    On a side note, I'm amazed that Louie-Louie Gohmert has the time to eat dinner.
    Gohmert's courageous fight against muslim terror-babies must keep him SO busy.

  10. #10
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: 'Rude' lawmaker Louie Gohmert pulls rank on cops over parking ticket

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    --------------------
    The Frank and Gohmert incidents are related.
    Both are examples of our elite, political ruling class members abusing their power.
    Pay the ticket(s) and STFU.
    On a side note, I'm amazed that Louie-Louie Gohmert has the time to eat dinner.
    Gohmert's courageous fight against muslim terror-babies must keep him SO busy.

    Well, I'm sure there are many side notes to the selective tunes you prefer to listen to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •