Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #851
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,277

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't answer "what-if" questions because they are pointless.
    You can go round and round on almost anything and no "what-if" scenario can be proven true because no evidence can support it. Again they accomplish nothing. Iif you can't make you point without "what-if" you've lost.
    What-if questions are not pointless.
    They can point out inconsistencies that may make a person wonder if they've chosen a position for the wrong reason.
    And ... in this instance, it was posed as a what-if question to see if it would matter to you or anyone else when you found out it is true, at least statistically.
    There may be reasons you wouldn't want to change a certain position even when you are shown that truth, but we need to get past this hurdle first.

  2. #852
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,346

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    In this case, the winner is the one who can stay up the latest to make the last comment ... it can make for uncomfortable fights over the last glass of OJ in the mornin' ... but on the plus side loneliness is seldom a problem.

    How're you doing, Pol?
    : LOL! The day is young, but so far, so good. I've had my requisite quart of coffee, so life looks like it just might be worth it!

    It's mild, but it's getting very windy here, so maybe something is moving in. The animals are skittish, too.

    Getting ready to go out for lunch, but like Awnold said, "I'll be back!" Later. Be well.

  3. #853
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,277

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Good morning, Polgara.
    Perhaps Billy Idol was onto something.

    Oh dancing with myself
    Oh dancing with myself
    Well there's nothing to lose
    And there's nothing to prove
    I'll be dancing with myself

    I don't like to get technical with a poster's spelling but didn't Billy spell that "myse-elf" with an extra "e" and a gratuitous "-" ?

  4. #854
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    What-if questions are not pointless.
    They can point out inconsistencies that may make a person wonder if they've chosen a position for the wrong reason.
    And ... in this instance, it was posed as a what-if question to see if it would matter to you or anyone else when you found out it is true, at least statistically.
    There may be reasons you wouldn't want to change a certain position even when you are shown that truth, but we need to get past this hurdle first.
    No they don't point out inconsistencies because what you claim as inconsistency cannot be proven true.

    For instance, what if Al-Gore had won instead of Bush? Whatever you say cannot be proven true nor false. So What-if scenarios are in fact pointless because they cannot be proven true nor false. You can go round and round and still both people can think their right. Which is why I don't engage in what if scenarios.

  5. #855
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,277

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No they don't point out inconsistencies because what you claim as inconsistency cannot be proven true.

    For instance, what if Al-Gore had won instead of Bush? Whatever you say cannot be proven true nor false. So What-if scenarios are in fact pointless because they cannot be proven true nor false. You can go round and round and still both people can think their right. Which is why I don't engage in what if scenarios.
    The original question posed (yes, perhaps regrettably) was what if you found out that etc.
    That's a whole lot different than the question you posed about a big fat fraud getting elected.
    The foundation for my question actually exists in the findings of some studies.
    So if the findings are accepted the question can be answered.
    True ... I could have said up front that statistical evidence exists ... but where's the fun in that?
    Your question required speculation while mine asked for a reaction.

  6. #856
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,346

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Good morning, Polgara.
    Perhaps Billy Idol was onto something.

    Oh dancing with myself
    Oh dancing with myself
    Well there's nothing to lose
    And there's nothing to prove
    I'll be dancing with myself
    Happy Sunday morning to you, Jack!

    I like Billy Idol, and I completely agree with him. His way means you get to enjoy your life, and nobody even knows or cares if you step on your own toes occasionally! Win-Win!

  7. #857
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,840
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I don't like to get technical with a poster's spelling but didn't Billy spell that "myse-elf" with an extra "e" and a gratuitous "-" ?
    I was looking for the deeper meaning, not trying to replicate the performance.

    Happy Sunday, bubba.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #858
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,277

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I was looking for the deeper meaning, not trying to replicate the performance.

    Happy Sunday, bubba.
    Oooooooh, I reply with a sneer.
    billy idol.jpg


    What's up Jack.
    Things are looking up.
    Weather's finally getting warmer.

  9. #859
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,840
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Oooooooh, I reply with a sneer.
    billy idol.jpg


    What's up Jack.
    Things are looking up.
    Weather's finally getting warmer.
    Yup. Nice day today. Nats are in first place. What's not to like?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #860
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gays are going to force all heterosexuals to experience sodomy so they emotionally understand what it's like to be gay
    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    so are heterosexual men who engage in anal sex with female partners trying to make their partners understand what it means to be a gay man .... or are they trying to understand what it means to be gay themselves?
    Are you people serious?

Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •