Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #841
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gays are going to force all heterosexuals to experience sodomy so they emotionally understand what it's like to be gay
    what about straight couples who experiment-such as girls who take it "back door" or guys whose lady lovers use a dildo on them? wouldn't that allow you to achieve "knowledge" without you "joining the enemy"?



  2. #842
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I couldn't care less. It only matters if you assume that being homosexual is a bad thing. Since it's not, what difference does it make?
    Finally. Yes. That has to be the answer from the pro-SSM crowd but everyone else was dancing around it. Why do you think that is? Do you think they're actually conflicted? Or maybe they have just taken the position they think they're supposed to take?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    There are plenty of straight people who have gay sex and gay people who have straight sex, usually inebriated, for the purpose of (drum roll) getting off !!!!!!!!!!.............Oh, the humanity............................
    Attaboy Bonzy. I'll have to take your word for that. I ain't never been THAT drunk...and I've been pretty drunk. Wait...do you think I could have been so drunk that maybe I don't....................naaaah.

  3. #843
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    even if that were the case, and it certainly doesn't seem to be ... if you had any clue you would prefer to see a young adult who was gay, who came from a loving family and felt positive about themselves than a young adult who was straight, came from an abusive home, and suffered depression, anxiety and serious self esteem issues.

    ....
    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    bubba, after several decades working with young people and adolescents in a range of settings, I have had plenty of opportunity to see the damage poor parenting can do. .... I have seen no evidence that the parents being gay is problematic - except for in some cases kids being bullied/victimized by others.
    You bet poor parenting is a problem. The point was that all families can have problems and that adopted children of SSM couples have an additional layer of problems to contend with ... including the very possible sexual identity confusion of those children.

  4. #844
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Each type of "marriage" that you mention has different issues, challenges, and problems associated with it. None relate to SSM nor have the research backing the SSM does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yup. Your denials are irrelevant. Research is relevant. ...

    The argument you're having with yourself is fun to watch.

  5. #845
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    The argument you're having with yourself is fun to watch.
    Good morning, Bubba.

    I wonder how a winner is determined when you argue with yourself?

  6. #846
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    ...
    And since studies show that the incidence of homosexuality among children raised by SS couples is equivalent to that of children raised by straight parents, your question is irrelevant.
    Oh no no no. You are mistaken yet again.
    Another poster mentioned a study yesterday and I know of a different one that shows something other than the anecdotal evidence you're calling "studies".
    For consistency, your correct answer to the question should have been "What difference does it make. Homosexuality is no different than heterosexuality."
    That wasn't your answer so to be intellectually consistent you have to explain why you see a distinction.

  7. #847
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, Bubba.

    I wonder how a winner is determined when you argue with yourself?
    In this case, the winner is the one who can stay up the latest to make the last comment ... it can make for uncomfortable fights over the last glass of OJ in the mornin' ... but on the plus side loneliness is seldom a problem.

    How're you doing, Pol?

  8. #848
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Stop wondering and start conducting studies....
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  9. #849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Calm down.
    When you resort to that "pound sand", "irrational fear", and name calling stuff it doesn't look good for you.

    But ... ask yourself why you resist answering the "hypothetical" question in print.
    It's like you know the answer.
    Saying "Until you show me otherwise" is a clue.
    Think about it.
    I don't answer "what-if" questions because they are pointless. You can go round and round on almost anything and no "what-if" scenario can be proven true because no evidence can support it. Again they accomplish nothing. Iif you can't make you point without "what-if" you've lost.

  10. #850
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, Bubba.

    I wonder how a winner is determined when you argue with yourself?
    Good morning, Polgara.
    Perhaps Billy Idol was onto something.

    Oh dancing with myself
    Oh dancing with myself
    Well there's nothing to lose
    And there's nothing to prove
    I'll be dancing with myself
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •