Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #821
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It was a question. What if there was data showing it. Would that affect your opinion in any way?
    What if its found conservative parents are the leading cause of gay kids, what would you do? What if games are fun, but they accomplish nothing.

  2. #822
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What if its found conservative parents are the leading cause of gay kids, what would you do? What if games are fun, but they accomplish nothing.
    What if it's not a game ... there I go again.
    So would it affect your opinion? Yes? No?

  3. #823
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    What if it's not a game ... there I go again.
    So would it affect your opinion? Yes? No?
    As the point stands that went over you head, what if games are fun but accomplish nothing. I don't do what if games. I deal in facts and facts are that gay couples HAVE raised kids to be productive members of society. Until you show me otherwise, you and the other homophobes can go pound sand. And no, not all anti-SSM people are homophobes but those that demonstrate an irrational fear of gays as you have are.

  4. #824
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    As the point stands that went over you head, what if games are fun but accomplish nothing. I don't do what if games. I deal in facts and facts are that gay couples HAVE raised kids to be productive members of society.
    Until you show me otherwise, you and the other homophobes can go pound sand.
    And no, not all anti-SSM people are homophobes but those that demonstrate an irrational fear of gays as you have are.
    Calm down.
    When you resort to that "pound sand", "irrational fear", and name calling stuff it doesn't look good for you.

    But ... ask yourself why you resist answering the "hypothetical" question in print.
    It's like you know the answer.
    Saying "Until you show me otherwise" is a clue.
    Think about it.

  5. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It was a question. What if there was data showing it. Would that affect your opinion in any way?
    Not mine. What do you care if a tiny fraction of the population is attracted to the same gender? Do you sense an apocalypse in this putative study?

  6. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    1) men controlled the property ... as opposed tooooooo? Whom?
    Everybody else. Is that the lost world you're longing to return to?


    2) no need to jettison traditional marriage to accomodate any particular demographic ... you can enter into a contract with anyone about anything already without calling it marriage.
    Pssst: no you can't. Marriage carries with it obligations involving child and spousal support and creditors rights, that cannot be contracted out of.

    I'm constantly impressed at how little conservatives know about the legal institution they purport to defend.

  7. #827
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Not mine. What do you care if a tiny fraction of the population is attracted to the same gender? Do you sense an apocalypse in this putative study?
    ... the question was ... what if the data showed that adopted children of SS couples were more likely to become homosexual than otherwise.
    There's really only one appropriate way for SSM proponents to answer the question.
    You're dancing around it but is your answer "It doesn't matter" ?

  8. #828
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    ... Pssst: no you can't. ....
    Yes you can.

  9. #829
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Talking about the effect on kids.
    Citing data from "findings" or "surveys" with such a tiny sample.
    What if there was data showing that the incidence of homosexuality among children raised by SS parents was higher than those raised by straight parents?
    What would that tell you? Anything?
    One study has found that to be the case. It was by Schumm. Although he has a tendency to pick unrepresentative samples. He does a good job of demonstrating the limitations of research into homosexuality but then he commits the same fallacies he accuses others of committing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #830
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    One study has found that to be the case. It was by Schumm. Although he has a tendency to pick unrepresentative samples. He does a good job of demonstrating the limitations of research into homosexuality but then he commits the same fallacies he accuses others of committing.
    He's not the only one.

    But the bottom line is that regardless of how shoddy hetero child rearing can sometimes be, homosexual child rearing, at least by the numbers, can actually influence the child's sexual proclivities in addition to other implications. At a minimum it also casts suspicion on the notion that homosexuality is established at birth.

    And if there can be 2 bottom lines, the other one is that there isn't enough data to conclude SSM definitely has no effect on children.

Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •