Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #721
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You must be talking about taking care of your little cabbage patch dolls if you think rearing without procreation is typical.
    Any two morons can screw and make a baby. No real skill involved. It is raising them that matters, and unfortunately there is a whole lot of FAIL on that one in America.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #722
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You must be talking about taking care of your little cabbage patch dolls if you think rearing without procreation is typical.
    Your obsession with the whole procreation thing is bizarre. Gays can and do procreate. Procreation is not required for marriage. Your argument therefore has zero merit.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #723
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Define "normal".



    Please show where diversity is defined as something to strive for.

    Talk about silly arguments.
    Trying to steal my lines...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #724
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Trying to steal my lines...
    Hey, I haven't been here all day.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #725
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Any two morons can screw and make a baby. No real skill involved. It is raising them that matters, and unfortunately there is a whole lot of FAIL on that one in America.
    I agree and think America has forgotten what sex is for, plus they've disgraced marriage. Divorce rates and the number of kids born out of wedlock back my opinion. With that said, I'm not going to sit back and say "it's already damaged, so no harm in doing more damage."
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  6. #726
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I agree and think America has forgotten what sex is for, plus they've disgraced marriage. Divorce rates and the number of kids born out of wedlock back my opinion. With that said, I'm not going to sit back and say "it's already damaged, so no harm in doing more damage."
    Well, since rearing children is probably the most important aspect of marriage, and gay couples accomplish this task very well, equal to straight couples, you seem quite confused on the concept of "damage".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #727
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I agree and think America has forgotten what sex is for, plus they've disgraced marriage. Divorce rates and the number of kids born out of wedlock back my opinion. With that said, I'm not going to sit back and say "it's already damaged, so no harm in doing more damage."
    You have not shown any evidence of damage from allowing same sex marriage.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #728
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I agree and think America has forgotten what sex is for, plus they've disgraced marriage. Divorce rates and the number of kids born out of wedlock back my opinion. With that said, I'm not going to sit back and say "it's already damaged, so no harm in doing more damage."
    The only people capable of 'damaging' marriage are two people that are married. And if they damage their marriage, it is only their marriage that is damaged, it doesn't effect anyone else. Anyone getting divorced, a 56 second Brittany marriage, or a gay couple being married, does NOTHING to the marriage of any other people. Period.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #729
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Quit trying to dodge the fact that your daughter and her partner can not create a child together.
    So freaking what if they can't?Doesn't bother me or her mother.
    What does that have ANYTHING to do with YOU?
    Sorry if I don't share your obsession with who is procreating with who. That's kind of creepy on your part..

    My daughter and her lover may not be able to create a child together, but they sure can raise a child together.
    And I think that's more important.
    And my grandchildren will receive nothing but love and support from the entire family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post

    And sorry, but I have to take your confidence with a grain of salt, given that you're talking about your daughter.
    You can take it with a cup of milk and a plate of cookies as an enema,for all I care.I know my daughter way better than you do.
    I know she's going to be a great parent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post

    The infertile couples are the ones who should adopt, because the child isn't going to notice a difference.
    And you know this how?
    How many kids have you adopted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Heterosexual couples who don't plan on kids are still most likely to have sex and have a safety net for that unplanned child many have. Your daughter is not going to have an accidental child with her lesbian lover.
    Once more,so freaking what.She can have a child from a turkey baster for all me and her mom care.You're the one with the procreation obsession,not us.
    Me and my wife are just happy having grandchildren.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Your adopted grandchild is going to continually wonder why they have two moms and no dad, likely teased for it too.
    And you know this how?
    Are you some kind of psychic?
    Are you looking at a crystal ball?
    Can you contact the spirits and tell me which stocks to pick next month?

    Again,so freaking what?
    How my daughter gives us the grand child doesn't matter to me and my wife (and I'm wondering why does it matter to you? You didn't raise my daughter,and you don't have to take care of my grandchild.)
    Wondering why my grandchild has two mommies is something my daughter and the rest of the family are going to have to deal with.
    But we will deal with it with love,honesty and understanding.

    Oh no's.My grand child may get teased.
    Teased by people just like you.Oh well.
    If my daughter could survive growing up being teased because she was interracial,(and gay),I think grandchild can survive being teased because she has two mommies.

    If it isn't having two mommys,it'll be because he or she is fat,or skinny,or smart,or wears glasses,or is dark,or has red hair,or is short,or is tall.......people will always find a reason to pick on and tease those that are different.

    But hey,I was teased growing up because I was the only dark skin child in a working class Irish/Italian neighborhood.
    I survived it,and it made stronger.
    I learned how to defend myself.
    And then the teasing stopped.
    My grandchild is going to learn how to defend his or herself,just like granddad did,just like grandma did,and just like all my daughters did.
    So your while your concern for my grandchild is touching,I think the Verthaine family can handle it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post

    The relationship my wife and I have puts others to shame.
    Good for you.So does my wife and I.
    But me and my wife aren't the ones worried about how SSM will degrade and devalue OUR marriage.


    By the way,do you even have a horse in this race?
    Because me and my wife does.
    Our gay daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Answer this question. If everyone gets to add what they want to the meaning of marriage, what is it going to mean in the end?
    Here's my answer.
    I don't give a crap about what other people do unless it involve ordering food from my resturants,hiring my caterers,or renting my banguet halls
    I don't stick my nose in other peoples business (unlike some people on this forum....).
    Me and my wife define what our marriage is for ourselves.
    Not you or anyone else.
    And I want the same right for all my daughters.
    Whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 04-01-13 at 02:58 AM.

  10. #730
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,257

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually that is exactly what it means....
    If we are going to find out what nature intends, you need to introduce me to that person named Nature. People intend things, nature simply is.
    Fair enough. If your standard for normalcy is what occurs in nature, you want to compare homosexuality to other human mental or physical disabilities. Although I'm surprised I guess we can go with that.

Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •