Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #701
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I looked for it on Wiki, but it's not listed as such, that I saw. Did the German people start the Easter bunny tradition?
    It means "What's shakin'?"

  2. #702
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Hey! Quiz time is over when I ring the bell.
    Wouldn't you say that the laws of propagation of a species in nature being what it is, imply that homosexuality is, at a minimum, inherently not what nature intends?
    Answering a question with a question?
    Seem like a dodge to me.

  3. #703
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Hey! Quiz time is over when I ring the bell.
    Wouldn't you say that the laws of propagation of a species in nature being what it is, imply that homosexuality is, at a minimum, inherently not what nature intends?
    You need to point me to the "laws of propagation". You are also going to have to get this "nature" person into the conversation. If you mean nature as in, well, you know, nature, it does not have a will or consciousness, so it does not intend anything.

    As far as what I think the intent of your question is, there are 2 or 3 hypothesis that explain how homosexuality could result from evolution. Breeding is not the only way to pass on genes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #704
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You need to point me to the "laws of propagation". You are also going to have to get this "nature" person into the conversation. If you mean nature as in, well, you know, nature, it does not have a will or consciousness, so it does not intend anything.

    As far as what I think the intent of your question is, there are 2 or 3 hypothesis that explain how homosexuality could result from evolution. Breeding is not the only way to pass on genes.
    Let's put it this way ... when you want to save a species from extinction, do you do it with 2 males?

  5. #705
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It means "What's shakin'?"
    Ah ha! Another word I'm going to be able to use later!

    My sister in California took German in college, so you just saved me a phone call, which probably would have awakened her and made me very popular!

  6. #706
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Let's put it this way ... when you want to save a species from extinction, do you do it with 2 males?
    That question has nothing to do with whether homosexuality is beneficial to passing on genes. In fact, it has nothing to do with anything, since there are more than 2 people in the species.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #707
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That question has nothing to do with whether homosexuality is beneficial to passing on genes. In fact, it has nothing to do with anything, since there are more than 2 people in the species.
    We're talking about what nature intends. Saying homosexuality exists in nature, as you did early on, doesn't mean it's natural to be a homosexual.

  8. #708
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Hey! Quiz time is over when I ring the bell.
    Wouldn't you say that the laws of propagation of a species in nature being what it is, imply that homosexuality is, at a minimum, inherently not what nature intends?
    Nature has intentions? Wow, that was subtle. Hm, I wonder what the basis of your views against homosexuality are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #709
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Now I have to leave. It's been fun. Carry on.

  10. #710
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    We're talking about what nature intends. Saying homosexuality exists in nature, as you did early on, doesn't mean it's natural to be a homosexual.
    Actually that is exactly what it means. Natural | Define Natural at Dictionary.com

    natural

    Use Natural in a sentence
    nat·u·ral

    [nach-er-uhl, nach-ruhl] Show IPA
    adjective 1. existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial ): a natural bridge.

    2. based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process.

    3. of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.

    4. of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.

    5. in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.

    If we are going to find out what nature intends, you need to introduce me to that person named Nature. People intend things, nature simply is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •