I don't use the term Civil Right. I use the term Human Right.Yes gays are being given the special right to change the definition of what marriage is from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?
Why do only gays get this special right on not any other sexual interest group? If "Marriage is a Civil Right" who gets excluded? Do you believe marriage is a "Civil Right"?
You want to deny people their human rights by excluding them from having the opportunity to marry the person they choose to, because you personally do not choose to marry a person of the same sex as yourself.
so what?Gays cannot procreate through gay sex
if marriage has ALWAYS been about children and the spawning of new taxpayers, then heterosexual couples who use contraception, engage in oral and/or anal sex, are older or who may be infertile or who choose not to have children should also be denied the right to marry.Nobody ever said you have to procreate when you get married, but women or men who are infertile have still been able to get married because that union still fit within the definition of what marriage is. Gays are demanding the special right to change the definition of what marriage is. Stick to the topic.
2) Let them try? So anything goes right? I thought marriage was a "civil right". You would discriminate against other people who want to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs?
3) Marriage as an institution has ALWAYS been about children. Even if infertile couples can't make a baby, that union was still man + woman and those people didn't try and change the definition of what marriage means. Marriage however has always had specific social and economic purposes that do have to do with spawning new taxpayers.
They should be happy with a civil ceremony.
what would you say your narrative is based on?There are literally 5 posters right now who can't even get their narrative straight. It's pure emotion with the Left.
using "always" detracts from the veracity of the argumentEven the liberal justices on the Supreme Court recognized marriage has always meant man + ?. You can try and make a morally relative argument about "spirit brothers" or something, but it's ludicrous to try. Someone even went as far as to mention Nero. It's not my problem if you a radical extremist who is trying to shape reality around your emotions and not the other way around.
1. Do you believe that you having the right to marry the person you love is your civil right?1) Is Marriage a "Civil Right"? Still waiting for the definitive answer on this one. Been pages of hand wringing, name calling, and dancing around the question. Quite hilarious.
2) If gays get the special right to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs, what other sexual interest groups get the same "right" and which ones don't?
I'd like to condense all the raging and histrionics to these 2 particular points. Thanks
2. gays are not being given a "special right" to do anything. They are being given the same right as heterosexual people. the right to marry the person they love
3. which sexual interest groups?