Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #651
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Not "many cultures". That's a lie. Marriage has always had one meaning to 99.99999999999999% of all human beings who ever lived. Ever. Even the liberal justices on the supreme court recognize this. You are the extremist here.
    OK ... so in your world stating facts = extremist. I get that.



    Yes gays are being given the special right to change the definition of what marriage is from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?

    Why do only gays get this special right on not any other sexual interest group? If "Marriage is a Civil Right" who gets excluded? Do you believe marriage is a "Civil Right"?
    I don't use the term Civil Right. I use the term Human Right.

    You want to deny people their human rights by excluding them from having the opportunity to marry the person they choose to, because you personally do not choose to marry a person of the same sex as yourself.




    Gays cannot procreate through gay sex
    so what?




    Nobody ever said you have to procreate when you get married, but women or men who are infertile have still been able to get married because that union still fit within the definition of what marriage is. Gays are demanding the special right to change the definition of what marriage is. Stick to the topic.

    1) Rubbish.
    2) Let them try? So anything goes right? I thought marriage was a "civil right". You would discriminate against other people who want to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs?
    3) Marriage as an institution has ALWAYS been about children. Even if infertile couples can't make a baby, that union was still man + woman and those people didn't try and change the definition of what marriage means. Marriage however has always had specific social and economic purposes that do have to do with spawning new taxpayers.
    if marriage has ALWAYS been about children and the spawning of new taxpayers, then heterosexual couples who use contraception, engage in oral and/or anal sex, are older or who may be infertile or who choose not to have children should also be denied the right to marry.

    They should be happy with a civil ceremony.


    There are literally 5 posters right now who can't even get their narrative straight. It's pure emotion with the Left.
    what would you say your narrative is based on?


    Even the liberal justices on the Supreme Court recognized marriage has always meant man + ?. You can try and make a morally relative argument about "spirit brothers" or something, but it's ludicrous to try. Someone even went as far as to mention Nero. It's not my problem if you a radical extremist who is trying to shape reality around your emotions and not the other way around.
    using "always" detracts from the veracity of the argument


    1) Is Marriage a "Civil Right"? Still waiting for the definitive answer on this one. Been pages of hand wringing, name calling, and dancing around the question. Quite hilarious.

    2) If gays get the special right to change the definition of marriage to fit their needs, what other sexual interest groups get the same "right" and which ones don't?

    I'd like to condense all the raging and histrionics to these 2 particular points. Thanks
    1. Do you believe that you having the right to marry the person you love is your civil right?

    2. gays are not being given a "special right" to do anything. They are being given the same right as heterosexual people. the right to marry the person they love

    3. which sexual interest groups?
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  2. #652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Wrong. And I already proved that you are completely ignorant on this particular issue.
    No you just lied with your normal bull**** and responded to multiple posts just like a little kid that thinks louder is always the winner, how dumb.

  3. #653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Ignorance runs deep in this one.
    I accept your concession

  4. #654
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Not without external medical procedures or extra partners involved.
    And why is that unacceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #655
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I accept your concession
    I understand a leftist like yourself offers nothing but spin. The reality is you appear to desire to limit the freedom and equality of those that you do not like or agree with. Noted. There are several leaders in history that were the same way.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I understand a leftist like yourself offers nothing but spin. The reality is you appear to desire to limit the freedom and equality of those that you do not like or agree with. Noted. There are several leaders in history that were the same way.
    I simply do not believe in legislation changes for to our current marriage laws to benefit people with clear chemical imbalances.

  7. #657
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I simply do not believe in legislation changes for to our current marriage laws to benefit people with clear chemical imbalances.
    You can justify your hate for others however you like. That doesn't make it not exist.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You can justify your hate for others however you like. That doesn't make it not exist.
    Don't confuse pity for hate, just like serial killers I wish we could cure their strange desires.

  9. #659
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Don't confuse pity for hate, just like serial killers I wish we could cure their strange desires.
    Wow!Are you actually equating homosexuals with serial killers?That's really messed up of you if you are.

  10. #660
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Don't confuse pity for hate, just like serial killers I wish we could cure their strange desires.
    Keep it up, I love when people with bigoted and/or ignorant views expose themselves. More, more.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •