Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #551
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,393

    Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So he is intolerant for not agreeing with you? Or because he is doing his job and representing all sides?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Since procreation is not a determinant to the ability to marry, your argument is invalid.
    So anyone can marry anything they want right?

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I didn't say anything about gay hate, and I won't even dispute your assertion that homosexuality is rampant in the animal kingdom (although I suspect the evidence is thin). Fact is that both are irrelevant to the point I made. It is fundamental to evolutionary biology that we are mere delivery systems for our DNA, delivering it into the next generation. Given its reproductive limitations, homosexuality is not a trait that could be "selected for" in evolutionary biology terms. It is no great leap from there to the possibility that discernible homosexual traits might not be found attractive in the context of evolutionary biology.

    These are in fact limitations from which we as human beings are freeing ourselves. I don't think it's coincidence that the issue of gay rights has come to the fore during the same era that heterosexual sex has been decoupled (!) from procreation.
    You're about 50 years behind the time.

    Studies indicate that there is a genetic component to sexual orientation.

    Studies indicate that gays have always propagated, just at a lower rate.

    The theory is that sexual orientation involves lots of genes, and in some combinations they result in alpha males, which tend to be bad fathers (so there is evolutionary pressure limiting that combination), in others they result in less aggressive males, which tend to make better fathers (and hence are favored genetically), and in other combinations they result in gay males (which like alpha male combination are limited, in this case due to lower reproductive rates). That's why the components that result in homosexual orientation remain in the gene pool. They have survival value in various combinations.

    Your simplistic view is passee.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    So anyone can marry anything they want right?
    This 'rebuttal' hits the level of stupidity that the 'so people should be able to have a nuke' anti-gun 'rebuttal'. There is no logic to it.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    This 'rebuttal' hits the level of stupidity that the 'so people should be able to have a nuke' anti-gun 'rebuttal'. There is no logic to it.
    Calling it stupid doesn't refute the argument

    Marriage has meant one thing since forever. Man + Woman

    What gives only gays the right to change it to man + ? or woman + ?

    Marriage is not a civil right

  6. #556
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Calling it stupid doesn't refute the argument

    Marriage has meant one thing since forever. Man + Woman

    What gives only gays the right to change it to man + ? or woman + ?

    Marriage is not a civil right
    The argument is so stupid it refutes itself.

    Marriage is the coming together of two people, who want to dedicated and share their lives together. It doesn't matter if they are same sex or opposite sex.

    BTW, the courts ensured interracial marriage was made legal, so you lost that one too. Perhaps you haven't realized that yet. And women and black people can vote. This must just be too much 'expansion' and 'change' for the right.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    The argument is so stupid it refutes itself.

    Marriage is the coming together of two people, who want to dedicated and share their lives together. It doesn't matter if they are same sex or opposite sex.

    BTW, the courts ensured interracial marriage was made legal, so you lost that one too. Perhaps you haven't realized that yet. And women and black people can vote. This must just be too much 'expansion' and 'change' for the right.
    It's infantile and silly to call an argument stupid because you can't refute it. Interracial marriage didn't change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ? like Gay Marriage does.

    Marriage has never meant "the coming together of 2 people"

    It has always meant the coming together of a man and a woman for the purposes of creating a family. Marriage is about children. Bringing race into this is racism against blacks. Gays never were targeted and told they couldn't drink from water fountains because of their skin color.

    Again, it's a simple question that you can't answer. Nobody can.

    Why do gays get the special right to redefine marriage so they can get married, but other sexual interest groups cannot?

  8. #558
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    It's infantile and silly to call an argument stupid because you can't refute it. Interracial marriage didn't change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ? like Gay Marriage does.

    Marriage has never meant "the coming together of 2 people"

    It has always meant the coming together of a man and a woman for the purposes of creating a family. Marriage is about children. Bringing race into this is racism against blacks. Gays never were targeted and told they couldn't drink from water fountains because of their skin color.

    Again, it's a simple question that you can't answer. Nobody can.

    Why do gays get the special right to redefine marriage so they can get married, but other sexual interest groups cannot?
    What's it like to live hundreds of years in the past?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #559
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    All this vitriol aimed at Scalia is hilarious. If the question of harm wasn't a valid question, then prey tell why are all the studies done in the last 10 years attempting to answer the very same question, in regards to homosexual parenting.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #560
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    No you wanted regulated, I don't think SCOTUS should be listening to this case at all. It is you and people like you keeping our courts tied up with this silly ****.
    Wouldn't have to if other people weren't so hell bent on using government force against the individual's right to contract. You know the rights of the individual and proper restraint on government power, right? I mean, you identify as libertarian, so I assume you have some understanding of what that means.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •