Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #501
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Asking SCOTUS to legalize your sexual preference is not a right. Homosexuality is a defect just like serial killers and pedophilia.
    Which anatomical section of your intestines did you pull this from?


  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Legal goes not make it morally right. It is legal to kill and unborn kid, is it morally right, of course not. You sound like a person without a conscious or a soul.
    Since when have laws been strictly about morality? Is it moral for a man to go to a brothel in Nevada? No. Is it legal? Yes as long as it is in counties that have it legal. Is it moral to be a drunk? No. Is it legal? Yes, as long as you don't break any other laws in the process.

  3. #503
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    God ****ing dammit. Stop calling him a libertarian. You ****ing know god damn well that he isn't one. I really expected better from you.

    Gay hating is far, far more a conservative position than it will ever be a libertarian position. By definition a libertarian must be opposed to government manipulation of sexual behavior.
    No political persuasion is immune to homophobia, and use of the phrase "by definition" is often the introduction to a false argument.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #504
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,762

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It means you use it. Based on your bigoted views, you are not using yours.
    Seriously. I thought libertarianism was keeping the government OUT of your life and letting people do what they wanted to do unless it was specifically made illegal. Yet here we see that he wants government involvement in people's bedrooms to keep people from benefiting from a sexual act he does not personally condone.

    Honestly, there are a lot of people around here who are calling themselves libertarian that the entire libertarian movement should be utterly ashamed of.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #505
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,762

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So I guess you'd like it if I lumped you in with the furthest right wing gay hating sect of conservatism? How are you any different?

    If you want to see the definition of mainstream libertarianism, look at the libertarian party platform. You will see a shining beacon of civil rights.

    Are you saying that you are willing to defend all conservative statements?
    Actual conservative statements, maybe. Neo-conservative statements, not a chance in hell.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #506
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No political persuasion is immune to homophobia, and use of the phrase "by definition" is often the introduction to a false argument.
    Then by all means, explain to me how someone who believes in maximum individual liberty, and minimal state involvement in non-violent personal affairs, could possibly support using the force of law to prevent two sovereign human beings from making a voluntary contract with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #507
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Actual conservative statements, maybe. Neo-conservative statements, not a chance in hell.
    And I should be responsible for some idiot who put his lean as libertarian, but is too damn lazy to even wikipedia it? He sounds like a far right religious republican who has gotten too embarassed to be associated with the party, and in turn has simply changed his label without changing his beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #508
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,762

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    And I should be responsible for some idiot who put his lean as libertarian, but is too damn lazy to even wikipedia it? He sounds like a far right religious republican who has gotten too embarassed to be associated with the party, and in turn has simply changed his label without changing his beliefs.
    Alright, granted, sorry if I offended you by referring to him as a libertarian. However, there are a lot of people around here who do exactly the same thing, I don't see much commonality between left libertarians and right libertarians, for example. Maybe the problem is, far too many disparate political views are being lumped under the libertarian label.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #509
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Alright, granted, sorry if I offended you by referring to him as a libertarian. However, there are a lot of people around here who do exactly the same thing, I don't see much commonality between left libertarians and right libertarians, for example. Maybe the problem is, far too many disparate political views are being lumped under the libertarian label.
    You were right when you said too many people here label themselves as libertarians who simply aren't. Unfortunately DP doesn't have a values test when one picks his political lean. Lumping these people with actual libertarians is like lumping the imperialistic, corporate welfare, jesus-pushers around here with conservatism. They're a ****ing embarassment.

    I know what actual conservatism is, and you know what actual libertarianism is. Let's both act like intelligent people and distinguish between fact and fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #510
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then by all means, explain to me how someone who believes in maximum individual liberty, and minimal state involvement in non-violent personal affairs, could possibly support using the force of law to prevent two sovereign human beings from making a voluntary contract with each other.
    If he/she believes said contract is illegal, like a murder conspiracy. For the record, I support gay marriage; I just have little faith in the consistency of thought among my fellow man.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •