Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1229

Thread: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

  1. #1081
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    05-18-18 @ 06:15 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,426
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is the Regnerus study. study How surprising. It compares kids from stable homes, to kids whose parents have had a same sex encounter. Not a valid study. Nice try though.
    It was a study that started with a base of 4000... and despite your bias view it is a valid study.
    Prove to me why it is not peer reviewable material.

    You don't like it, I understand that... that doesn't make it invalid.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #1082
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,630
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It was a study that started with a base of 4000... and despite your bias view it is a valid study.
    Prove to me why it is not peer reviewable material.

    You don't like it, I understand that... that doesn't make it invalid.
    http://www.asanet.org/documents/ASA/...x_Marriage.pdf
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #1083
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,630
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #1084
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,817
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Sorry but i'm not going to read 109 pages of posts to find this out but...anyone heard have a link to whats happening with SCOTUS on this case?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,447

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Googled "risk factor same sex parents"
    Found this:



    along with several similar articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Kids of gay parents fare worse, study finds, but draws fire from experts
    Kids of gay parents fare worse, study finds, but draws fire from experts - HealthPop - CBS News

    I find the closing words of the title interesting... don't you?
    Goes back to my post above about not being able to ask questions... OR... provide research.




    There have been norms for thousands of years... man and women... and you think being in the abnormal will be better for children?
    The problem is, you can find studies both ways.

    Again, it now becomes the job of the lawyers of each side, to find the best support for their side they can. They each try to convince the judges. That's why we have the system we do.

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,447

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Gee I wonder if you're a _____? As soon as you say it, it is out there. no wonder about it.




    Absolutely Priceless.

    Hilter wondered if he could rule the world. Therefore according to your thinking, all was well and clearly he sought the truth.
    There's no wondering about you...

  7. #1087
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    So what? How is it any difference for a child to ask why they have two men or two women as parents than to ask why they have a man and a woman? Or two parents of different races? Or whatever?
    Lots of kids have different race parents..and enjoy the cultural differences..

    Can you imagine how children from a homosexual couple suffer at school?

    Do you really think that everyone is accepting and broad-minded?

    Really???

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As some one with a gay parent, maybe I can help explain.

    Just like every other parent.


    Honest, general answers work well. It is not particularly difficult.



    I did not even know that alot of the people around where gay until I was into my teens. I know this is probably hard for you to believe, but gay people are actually good with kids and understand not being in your face about things.
    Not hard for me at all...

    My youngest son had a friend who's father was a gay cross-dresser..I don't know how many times I have held him when he was sobbing..as his father insisted on going to collect him from school dressed like a drag queen..

    He told me everyone was laughing at him..and his father...

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,560

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Lots of kids have different race parents..and enjoy the cultural differences..

    Can you imagine how children from a homosexual couple suffer at school?

    Do you really think that everyone is accepting and broad-minded?

    Really???
    The same argument could have been made when interracial marriage was uncommon. Kids survived. They'll survive again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! SpkOut me!

  10. #1090
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Scalia Wonders If Same-Sex Parents ‘Harmful’ To Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The same argument could have been made when interracial marriage was uncommon. Kids survived. They'll survive again.
    It's gonna take a long time..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •