Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    BTW if you did meet up with someone high on the job, they would be fired (as they should be) just as if they were drinking on the job.
    I'll believe that when I stop running into drunk clerks and attendants in a large percentage of the minimum wage jobs I come in contact with.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    True. I just ALMOST feel sorry for the first legally doped up convenience store clerk I run into.
    really.

    what would you do, exactly? be specific.

  3. #43
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    It's not that as much as the inability to avoid the ones who do not view the world in the same way that I do which makes for a rather annoying life.
    You might want to consider the possibility that the problem is inside you and not everyone else. I see a professional about my problems, and there's nothing shameful about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    really. what would you do, exactly? be specific.
    Sixty dollars worth of gas for $6 sounds like a good start. I would take advantage of their lack of cognicence as much as possible (in a non-sexual manner).

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You might want to consider the possibility that the problem is inside you and not everyone else. I see a professional about my problems, and there's nothing shameful about it.
    It's been tried without success on more than one occasion. I have no more interest in wasting time, money, etc.... on such useless mumbo-jumbo. Oh, and as a gun-owner, I wouldn't go near a mental health professional under any circumstances in this day and age.

  5. #45
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    It's been tried without success on more than one occasion. I have no more interest in wasting time, money, etc.... on such useless mumbo-jumbo. Oh, and as a gun-owner, I wouldn't go near a mental health professional under any circumstances in this day and age.
    This is one of the many reasons I oppose the "mental health" argument of the anti-gun advocates. There's nothing wrong with going to a professional to talk about your problems. Nobody is going to do that if their gun rights are on the line.

    Anyway, I get it tigger. I was once like you. I blamed everyone else for my problems. Eventually I realized that it was me who was blaming everyone else for my own problems. I hope you have the courage to work it out. People have the right to do what makes them happy, and your happiness should not be contingent on their actions. Take your beautiful wife and create your dream life.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    This is one of the many reasons I oppose the "mental health" argument of the anti-gun advocates. There's nothing wrong with going to a professional to talk about your problems. Nobody is going to do that if their gun rights are on the line.
    You are absolutely correct on all of those points.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Anyway, I get it tigger. I was once like you. I blamed everyone else for my problems. Eventually I realized that it was me who was blaming everyone else for my own problems. I hope you have the courage to work it out. People have the right to do what makes them happy, and your happiness should not be contingent on their actions. Take your beautiful wife and create your dream life.
    I wear my problem on my face, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, RA. It's been there for 38 years and is both the bane and the greatest gift of my existance. The only things that will ever change that are a time machine and a DNA-altering device. Happiness is something I gave up on a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time ago, RA. Thank you for the kind words and supportive thoughts but really there's nothing to be done for me at this point.

  7. #47
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    You are absolutely correct on all of those points.



    I wear my problem on my face, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, RA. It's been there for 38 years and is both the bane and the greatest gift of my existance. The only things that will ever change that are a time machine and a DNA-altering device. Happiness is something I gave up on a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time ago, RA. Thank you for the kind words and supportive thoughts but really there's nothing to be done for me at this point.
    I am not ashamed of it, I suffer from chronic, genetic depression. I know you feel like it's impossible to be happy, but I just want you to know that it's possible, and I truly hope you can find it to at least some degree. Good luck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I am not ashamed of it, I suffer from chronic, genetic depression. I know you feel like it's impossible to be happy, but I just want you to know that it's possible, and I truly hope you can find it to at least some degree. Good luck man.
    Thanks Rabid. I do appreciate it.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I figure I'm going to get about $60 worth of gas for nothing.
    I guess stealing gasoline is one of those "principles" you are so fond of proclaiming.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Pro-marijuana super-PAC launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Sixty dollars worth of gas for $6 sounds like a good start. I would take advantage of their lack of cognicence as much as possible (in a non-sexual manner).
    So you are a non-sexual thief, right?



    It's been tried without success on more than one occasion. I have no more interest in wasting time, money, etc.... on such useless mumbo-jumbo. Oh, and as a gun-owner, I wouldn't go near a mental health professional under any circumstances in this day and age.
    If you went to a mental health professional, you could very well be a life-long case study for some student of abnormal psychology.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •