Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

  1. #31
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    That makes it okay? They're duped by politicians but it's their choice and it is NRA's choice to counter. their 'rights' trump others?
    Their kids were brutally murdered by a madman im sure they didn't take much convincing...
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #32
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Actually this is great...I hope the NRA purchases two massive inflatable floats to use in a Newtown parade shaped like assault rifles.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #33
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Their kids were brutally murdered by a madman im sure they didn't take much convincing...
    Wha....? Everybody knows the right to own high capacity magazines and purchase weapons without a background check is one of the most basic American rights. Obviously they were snookered by an alternating inept/mastermind into betraying those most fundamental of natural rights bestowed by our creator.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #34
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Wha....? Everybody knows the right to own high capacity magazines and purchase weapons without a background check is one of the most basic American rights. Obviously they were snookered by an alternating inept/mastermind into betraying those most fundamental of natural rights bestowed by our creator.
    And of course...You DO know ms Lanza had those background checks you are clamoring for...

  5. #35
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And of course...You DO know ms Lanza had those background checks you are clamoring for...
    Well it was his mothers weapons not his.
    In fact didn't he try to purchase a rifle from a local shop but was discouraged by the required 14 day background check?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #36
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well it was his mothers weapons not his.
    In fact didn't he try to purchase a rifle from a local shop but was discouraged by the required 14 day background check?
    Aaaaaaaaand...your point is? Background check in place...check. Background check passed....check. Tragedy averted....uh...no. Gun obtained illegally (as most criminals do). Argument...blown.

  7. #37
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand...your point is? Background check in place...check. Background check passed....check. Tragedy averted....uh...no. Gun obtained illegally (as most criminals do). Argument...blown.
    I'm not sure...you were the one responding so I assumed you were trying to make a point. Did a background check deter him from purchasing a weapon? Yes...working as intended. I'm not sure how the argument is blown. Apparently unless background checks completely stop all gun murders from happening nation wide it shouldn't be considered? The background checks are so onerous that they have such a high bar in order to implement?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #38
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I'm not sure...you were the one responding so I assumed you were trying to make a point. Did a background check deter him from purchasing a weapon? Yes...working as intended. I'm not sure how the argument is blown. Apparently unless background checks completely stop all gun murders from happening nation wide it shouldn't be considered? The background checks are so onerous that they have such a high bar in order to implement?
    I made my point. Clamoring for "background checks" as a result of this tragedy to prevent this tragedy when in fact a background check WAS in place and DIDNT prevent the tragedy is pure idiocy.

  9. #39
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I made my point. Clamoring for "background checks" as a result of this tragedy to prevent this tragedy when in fact a background check WAS in place and DIDNT prevent the tragedy is pure idiocy.
    Actually this gun legislation is a result of a string of shootings and the background check did prevent him from purchasing a weapon. Unfortunately he had a gun enthusiasts mother that her own private arsenal at home. Unfortunately she's another case proving the statstic that a gun you purchase is much more likely to be used against you than someone else. I'm not sure how this is a compelling argument to anyone other than a "gun enthusiasts".
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #40
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Actually this gun legislation is a result of a string of shootings and the background check did prevent him from purchasing a weapon. Unfortunately he had a gun enthusiasts mother that her own private arsenal at home. Unfortunately she's another case proving the statstic that a gun you purchase is much more likely to be used against you than someone else. I'm not sure how this is a compelling argument to anyone other than a "gun enthusiasts".
    By your own comment he allegedly tried to purchase a weapon and was denied. By your own admission the mother DID purchase the weapons and DID pass a background check. So did Holmes. So did Loughner. But you insist...background checks...THAT'S the ticket.

    Antigun people don't think. At all. There is absolutely no logic to your processes...you are merely driven to pass a ban...a law...SOMETHING...ANYTHING. that it is ineffective and proven to be ineffective....well Hell...why let that get in your way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •