Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

  1. #21
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    This is one reason I support an A Salt rifle ban!
    Beck joked a lot about that.

  2. #22
    Banned gungadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    307

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Salt kills 1 in 10 Americans. That's over 30,000,000 deaths!!!!SEVEN HUNDRED - that's 700! - Americans per day are murdered by SALT!
    You shouldn't believe everything you read.

    Pam

  3. #23
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The government has made attempts at finding ways to lower americans sodium intake.

    U.S. limits urged for salt in processed food - CNN.com

    However, your argument that since too much salt kills people, so we shouldn't be talking about guns, is silly on its face. If something is killing americans it's ok to have a discussion about it. The idea that we can only deal with one thing at a time is stupid at best.
    Its not "silly." My wife can't defend our children or herself with salt. Banning high levels of salt in processed and fast foods would not put one person at any risk whatsoever.

    How much effort is the White House, VP, and Democrats all over the country being spend on guns compared to on salt - which kills MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of Americans?

    It is about reality versus ideology - in terms of government control freakism.

  4. #24
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by gungadin View Post
    You shouldn't believe everything you read.

    Pam
    BUT it's a HARVARD study! They never get anything wrong. I mean BOTH presidential candidates are from Harvard - so obviously brilliant men. Certainly President Obama believes a Harvard study - so WHY isn't he doing anything???!




    Harvard stripped of championship titles as quiz bowl cheating scandal spreads

  5. #25
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Its not "silly." My wife can't defend our children or herself with salt. Banning high levels of salt in processed and fast foods would not put one person at any risk whatsoever.

    How much effort is the White House, VP, and Democrats all over the country being spend on guns compared to on salt - which kills MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of Americans?

    It is about reality versus ideology - in terms of government control freakism.
    Again, the government has made pushes to limit salt, but that has nothing to do with gun control. If you want to argue why we shouldn't have gun control, that's all well and good, but ifyou want to say that we shouldn't discuss it because of salt, that's a stupid argument. And why do guns get more press? Because when a guy shoots up a school or a movie theater, innocent people die. When you yourself eat too much salt, you are harming yourself, and if we are honest, we worry much more about tragedies that happen to innocents, than to people that just didn't care for themselves. But that has nothing to do with government control. If the government did make a big push on salt, your il would be right there bitching again that they are limiting freedom. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #26
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    BUT it's a HARVARD study! They never get anything wrong. I mean BOTH presidential candidates are from Harvard - so obviously brilliant men. Certainly President Obama believes a Harvard study - so WHY isn't he doing anything???!




    Harvard stripped of championship titles as quiz bowl cheating scandal spreads
    Lol, going off the deep end lately huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #27
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Salt kills 1 in 10 Americans. That's over 30,000,000 deaths!!!!SEVEN HUNDRED - that's 700! - Americans per day are murdered by SALT!

    So why is ANYONE talking about guns??????

    It's time to put those mass murderingly Morton's executives in prison for life and execute the CEO. THEY KNEW!

    Bloomberg better do something and fast to save us.
    NYC.gov

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Lol, going off the deep end lately huh?

    This is on par with his thread that called for a ban on dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #28
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Salt kills 1 in 10 Americans. That's over 30,000,000 deaths!!!!SEVEN HUNDRED - that's 700! - Americans per day are murdered by SALT!

    So why is ANYONE talking about guns??????

    It's time to put those mass murderingly Morton's executives in prison for life and execute the CEO. THEY KNEW!

    Bloomberg better do something and fast to save us.
    \

    understand you made this to show people how we worry about gun deaths when poor diet kills alot more but your going about it wrong 10-year-old charged with murder in friend's stabbing death - U.S. News this is from january odd how nobody really heard about it im sure if the 10 year old shot him it would have more comments

  9. #29
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    A ban on salt would cost too much. It would cost many people their salarys.
    On unrelated note, the origin of the word salary is related to the use of salt.
    Banning salt entirely would be super cheap because everyone would die!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Study: Too Much Salt Kills One in 10 Americans

    Pardon me for displaying any skepticism but I'll bet that article doesn't tell the whole store and I'll bet the study doesn't prove that salt was the reason that many people die of heart disease. There are many factors. I know them by heart. I'm a heart disease patient myself with two bypass surgeries.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •