View Poll Results: Will Obama Veto the Pipeline Bill?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 20.00%
  • No

    4 80.00%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    What was missed in last night's "Vote-A-Rama" is that the U.S. Senate approved the Keystone Pipeline, with 17 Democrats joining Republicans in passing the measure, 62-37.

    The Keystone amendment is non-binding, as the Obama Administration has the final say over its approval, but last night's vote was a strong sign that the Keystone Pipeline enjoys broad bipartisan support on Capitol Hill and that the Obama Administration's opposition might be wearing thin.



    The 17 Democrats who voted yes included every single possibly vulnerable incumbent facing reelection next year, from 34-year veteran Baucus to first-term Sen. Mark Begich (Alaska).

    Perhaps more importantly, Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.), who chairs the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, voted for the resolution. Bennet is not up for re-election until 2016, but his post requires him to raise money from the wealthy liberal community that is highly opposed to the pipeline.

    Even pro-environmentalist progressives are agreeing at this point that left-wing activists should give up on Keystone. Bill Scher wrote that environmental activist groups have "blown it" on Keystone, and their dedication to the symbolism of the Keystone Pipeline was detracting from more important issues.....snip~

    Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline - Kevin Glass

    Looks like there are some Democrats that finally saw the light and came over to the Right Side. Seems the Blue Dogs want to go with the Pipeline and the creation of those jobs. Can Obama now say he will veto this approval. We know the House will pass this. Can Obama afford to take another hit and another loss with the start of the second term. Will Obama Pass this legislation or Will he veto the Bill.

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,627

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Obama has no re-election worries, thus no need to appease the econuts or to further enrage the unions (which will not vote for republicants anyway). This should have been done years ago. Obama will claim credit for the jobs created (or saved) and assert that it is good for America (which it is).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Obama has no re-election worries, thus no need to appease the econuts or to further enrage the unions (which will not vote for republicants anyway). This should have been done years ago. Obama will claim credit for the jobs created (or saved) and assert that it is good for America (which it is).
    Budgets are about priorities and right now our number one priority needs to be creating jobs,” Baucus said in a statement. “Approving the Keystone Pipeline is the perfect opportunity to put Americans to work right now. American workers cannot afford to wait any longer for Keystone jobs, and there is absolutely no excuse for further delay.”

    It is unclear how much the vote will influence President Obama, whose administration is still considering TransCanada’s permit application to cross the Canada-U.S. border. The State Department recently issued a draft environmental impact statement suggesting the oil sands would get developed even if Obama vetoed the permit, but environmentalists have challenged that analysis.....snip~

    Senate backs Keystone Pipeline in bipartisan vote

    It would appear Baucus is sending a message to Obama. Since Obama really hasn't been able to create any jobs. But rather lose em. Like you I think Obama will pass it and then look for a way to take credit for the jobs.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Well, at least the Democrats are voting for Jobs. Which is a change for the better.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The 17 Democrats who voted yes included every single possibly vulnerable incumbent facing reelection next year, from 34-year veteran Baucus to first-term Sen. Mark Begich (Alaska).

    Perhaps more importantly, Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.), who chairs the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, voted for the resolution. Bennet is not up for re-election until 2016.
    And neither are Sens. Casey (PA), Donnelly (IN), Heitkamp (ND), McCaskill (MO), Nelson (FL) and Tester (MT). Cynical political calculation may be not the ONLY thing that matters. Even among Democrats.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, at least the Democrats are voting for Jobs. Which is a change for the better.
    They are covering their asses in districts that are for the pipeline so they can say they voted for it knowing obama will veto the bill.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    They are covering their asses in districts that are for the pipeline so they can say they voted for it knowing obama will veto the bill.
    I think if Obama becomes desperate for jobs.....he will approve it. Even the Environmentalists are saying that the activists will have to deal with the fact that there are more important matters. Which if the Democrats are saying that. Then they recognize its money.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I think if Obama becomes desperate for jobs.....he will approve it. Even the Environmentalists are saying that the activists will have to deal with the fact that there are more important matters. Which if the Democrats are saying that. Then they recognize its money.
    I don't think obama cares about jobs, shall we make a forum donation bet?

  9. #9
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What was missed in last night's "Vote-A-Rama" is that the U.S. Senate approved the Keystone Pipeline, with 17 Democrats joining Republicans in passing the measure, 62-37.

    The Keystone amendment is non-binding, as the Obama Administration has the final say over its approval, but last night's vote was a strong sign that the Keystone Pipeline enjoys broad bipartisan support on Capitol Hill and that the Obama Administration's opposition might be wearing thin.



    The 17 Democrats who voted yes included every single possibly vulnerable incumbent facing reelection next year, from 34-year veteran Baucus to first-term Sen. Mark Begich (Alaska).

    Perhaps more importantly, Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.), who chairs the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, voted for the resolution. Bennet is not up for re-election until 2016, but his post requires him to raise money from the wealthy liberal community that is highly opposed to the pipeline.

    Even pro-environmentalist progressives are agreeing at this point that left-wing activists should give up on Keystone. Bill Scher wrote that environmental activist groups have "blown it" on Keystone, and their dedication to the symbolism of the Keystone Pipeline was detracting from more important issues.....snip~

    Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline - Kevin Glass

    Looks like there are some Democrats that finally saw the light and came over to the Right Side. Seems the Blue Dogs want to go with the Pipeline and the creation of those jobs. Can Obama now say he will veto this approval. We know the House will pass this. Can Obama afford to take another hit and another loss with the start of the second term. Will Obama Pass this legislation or Will he veto the Bill.
    My only complaint about this keystone oil pipeline is the fact they are threatening and using eminent domain to get the land to build it.For this reason alone I oppose the Keystone oil pipeline construction and I don't care what eco-tard nonsense they have to use to get its construction stopped. Eminent domain should only be used for highways and public easements should only be used for sidewalks and public utilities, not private companies especially foreign owned private companies.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate Votes To Approve Keystone Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I don't think obama cares about jobs, shall we make a forum donation bet?
    Are those Obama Dollar Coins?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •