Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

  1. #31
    User Daedalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    03-27-13 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No place will ever be perfectly safe; but I would tend to believe that the hotel owners and operators in NYC are not assisting (passively or actively) these people, while there seems to be a contention that these owners/operators in India are doing exactly that.
    Good morning, Tigger. Why is that?

  2. #32
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    14-Year-Girl Raped and Videotaped By 7 Men in Romania

    Does this mean that Romania is an uncivilized cesspool, too?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Good morning, Tigger. Why is that?
    Good Morning.

    Why is it that I tend to believe that the owners/operators are either actively or passively assisting in these incidents?... Mostly due to the rise in them and the fact that they seem to (from what has been provided for links) be targeting Western women. I have no illusions that most Westerners of both genders don't have much sense of Security or Safety when they're out and about; whether in their home country or abroad. However, considering the number of Westerners staying in these places, one would think that the hotels would do more to provide enhanced safety and security precautions for Westerners (and charge them accordingly). There are no coincidences in life. If a certain group of people are being assaulted in particular places, then there has to be a reason why. It would be my estimation, as someone who takes his personal security very seriously that it's a combination of the women not being as serious about their security and the hotels not being serious enough about it as well.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    It's sad what happened. What's unfair is pretending bad stuff doesn't happen in all countries. Rape happens in civilized nations, too.
    Yes, but it most civilized nations it is treated as a crime. Apparently gang rapes of tourists is now considered sport in some of these countries.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    14-Year-Girl Raped and Videotaped By 7 Men in Romania

    Does this mean that Romania is an uncivilized cesspool, too?
    I guess that would depend on how the crime is viewed by the general public and the police.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So THAT'S why you say that Hollywood is full of Jews, they should all be killed.

    It's to show off all that respectability of yours
    I'm going to ignore all you say because like in real medusa fashion, you distort what I say. My dislike for holywood and most of its products transcends ethnicity or race. It doesn't matter what ethnicity you have, you continue to entertain that corrupt, decadent monster and are part of it, you will get no love from me.

  7. #37
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think you're right. Tourist advisories often serve the purpose. Crime is everywhere, though. She's probably more likely to get raped in NY City, statistically speaking.

    India rapes reported: 15,468 (1.2 billion population)
    United States: 95,136 (313 million population)
    But how many rapes are actually reported in India?

    We're talking about a nation with high levels of police and judicial corruption and one the lowest rates of rape convictions in the world. It's also a society that doesn't highly value women as seen by the practice of female infanticide. Gender imbalances may be leading to sexual repression in the excess number of males. The fact that so many high profile cases of gang rapes since December taking place in public with impunity, speaks to a deeper problem than these numbers. It's unfortunate that it would take someone from the higher "castes" in society to be a victim to shine a light on this problem. But that in itself isn't unique to India.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    14-Year-Girl Raped and Videotaped By 7 Men in Romania

    Does this mean that Romania is an uncivilized cesspool, too?
    All I can say is that i am not one of those men. There are bad apples everywhere. However... you don't wanna start this. I have too much respect for decent americans in general to make such a gross attack at your nation, because if I would, I would provide you with 10x cases in the USA for each case you bring to me about Romania. Hell, even 100x. Because we are a country with very low crime rate and especially very few rapes.

    Your attack is juvenile and idiotic. Don't let it become a trademark of your internet persona.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Whenever people argue that India is no different than the west I have to point out that the Mayor of Delhi was murdered by monkeys, and the city's plan was to train larger more viscous monkeys to clean house.

    Obviously I use this as evidence that India is BETTER than the west.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 03-19-13 at 01:38 PM.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: British tourist jumps from balcony to avoid rape in India

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Someone hasn't had their coffee this morning?
    l understand many of you

    you dont want to remember the ****s of civilized west

    bosnians were muslim and they were forced to rape their sisters!

    and the civilized west did nothing!!!!!
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •