Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Random audience member says something stupid and gets laughed at. Clearly, all republicans are racist.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    At a panel disussion on race at CPAC, Scott Terry, 30, rose from his seat to question the discussion leader, K. Carl Smith, from the Frederick Douglass Republicans, over the role of race in the GOP. Terry said the growth of diversity in the party and outreach to black conservatives has been "at the expense of young, white, Southern males like myself." "I think my demographic is being systematically disenfranchised," Terry said.
    It's pretty sad that some view inclusiveness as a zero-sum game. Inclusiveness is not only a prerequisite for any society to be stable, it is also mutually beneficial. A society that can more fully harness the talents and abilities of all of its people does better than one that relies on only a slice of its population.

  3. #23
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Hiring - Affirmative Action

    'nuff said. It's obviously a sexist and racist policy.
    As a black man why are you so worred about how the white man is kept down?

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    ????



    I'm neither black nor conservative (at least not by the RNC of today)

    and to quash any future assumptions wrongly made about me, i'm neither racist, nor from the south, unless South side of Chicago(originally) can be included. I would also offer that I live, purposefully in one of if not the most diverse zip code in the nation, over 70 nationalities, 100 languages encompass the resident's demographics of where I choose to live.

    I don't look down, nor do I look up to anyone.

    The purpose of my post was to present a very true, albeit uncomfortable fact. That people of all stripes seek out their own. With all the diversity of my neighborhood, Latinos congregate toward other Latinos, blacks with blacks, asians with asians, whites with whites, this being further broken down by ethnicity, arabs with arabs so on and so forth. They are most comfortable with their own people and really don't want any meaningful intermingling. There are always outliers but the evidence is overwhelmingly in support of my statement.

    People don't want to admit this to themselves but it is true. So much so that I've been falsely accused and attacked for even having the audacity to bring it up.
    It's good to see a rational post on the sort of thread where the shrieking loons seem to go insane with emotion and ignorant self-righteousness.

    I agree that the various classifications seek out their own. When the dust settles in the United States, we will again have neighborhoods divided along ethnic lines. The dirty little secret is that white Liberals seek out their own just as quickly as good old Southern boys.

    At the present time, it's very profitable for white Liberals to pretend that they are champions of the less populous races, but they do their pretending from white enclaves.

    There is nothing wrong with wanting to be around your own, that has been the preference since the beginning of time and always will be, particularly now with the huge 1st world and 3rd world cultural differences.

  5. #25
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Hiring - Affirmative Action

    'nuff said. It's obviously a sexist and racist policy.
    i missed how equal rights for women and minorities is found to be racist policy
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    As a black man why are you so worred about how the white man is kept down?
    Silly me, here I thought you were the black dude.

  7. #27
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by WWGWD View Post
    I love when things are snipped and taken out of context. It's just amusing. The next sentence of the quote was "Affirmative actions include training programs, outreach efforts, and other positive steps." The point of affirmative action was never to disallow qualified white applicants, but instead to ensure minorities the same opportunities as white applicants.

    There will always be a portion of the white electorate who are upset by this, because it obviously limits some opportunity for white applicants. However, it's disingenuous to portray affirmitive actions inititives as reverse racism, in which white applicants are treated worse then minorities. That's not at all the picture that gets painted when you look at labor statistics.

    The employment population statistic for whites is at 59.4% for 2011. Blacks is at 51.7%. Additionally, 34% of employed Black women and 25%of employed Hispanic women worked in management positions. The most striking information I found, was when you look at unemployment, divided by race.

    http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsrace2011.pdf

    If these affirmative actions laws are so sexist and racist, why are twice as many black men and women unemployed, compared to white men and women?
    White 6.8%
    Black or African American 13.8%
    Hispanic or Latino 9.6%
    Asian 6.1%
    Unemployment Demographics | Department of Numbers

    now let's look at one of the protected minority groups, asians, when compared to the majority group, whites, regarding unemployment data
    notice how the minority group is doing better than the majority group, but the minority group is still a protected class under affirmative action regulations; why?
    i have already emphasized portions of your post so allow me to now revise your concluding question and ask you to answer the revised version of your question:
    "If these affirmative actions laws are so sexist and racist, why are twice as many black men and women un more asians employed, compared to white men and women?" why should a minority group retain its preference in affirmative action regulations if it is outperforming the majority population. would that not indicate that the need for affirmative action provisions - relative to employment - has ended, recognizing that the asian population surpasses that of the white population in terms of steady employment
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #28
    Advisor WWGWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    07-01-13 @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    425

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    Unemployment Demographics | Department of Numbers

    now let's look at one of the protected minority groups, asians, when compared to the majority group, whites, regarding unemployment data
    notice how the minority group is doing better than the majority group, but the minority group is still a protected class under affirmative action regulations; why?
    i have already emphasized portions of your post so allow me to now revise your concluding question and ask you to answer the revised version of your question:
    "If these affirmative actions laws are so sexist and racist, why are twice as many black men and women un more asians employed, compared to white men and women?" why should a minority group retain its preference in affirmative action regulations if it is outperforming the majority population. would that not indicate that the need for affirmative action provisions - relative to employment - has ended, recognizing that the asian population surpasses that of the white population in terms of steady employment
    I'm honestly having a lot of trouble following your trail here, but I don't want you to think I am avoiding your question. The numbers you provided are a one month picture of statistics. That's fine enough when you are looking at the small picture, but if you are looking at the big picture, to address affirmitive action as a whole, I would think you wouldn't want to look at least a years worth of information. Which was why I liked to the BLS' 2011, comprehensive report.

    During 2011, the unemployment rate among Asians was 25.2%, versus Whites who are at 21.7%. When you factor in the margin of error, I can totally see these numbers being nearly the same, so I think I understand your point. If a minority is doing that well, why the protection of affirmitive action? My answer would be, what happens if that affirmative action goes away? How do you know those numbers wouldn't drop without it?

    Additionally, since we discussing the 'sucess' of a minority, I would point to another set of statistics. This may have something to with the success of the Asian community specifically. Culturally, I think Asian families value education significantly more then white, black or hispanic families. This is totally an assertion based upon my own person experience and the following statistics.
    [QUOTE] Asians were the most likely of the groups to have graduated from college; 57 percent of Asians in the labor force had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared with 36 percent of Whites, 25 percent of Blacks, and 16 percent of Hispanics.[QUOTE]

    Having a degree will always make you more, and more easily employable.
    "....The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty...." -Jefferson 1787

  9. #29
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by WWGWD View Post
    I'm honestly having a lot of trouble following your trail here, but I don't want you to think I am avoiding your question. The numbers you provided are a one month picture of statistics. That's fine enough when you are looking at the small picture, but if you are looking at the big picture, to address affirmitive action as a whole, I would think you wouldn't want to look at least a years worth of information. Which was why I liked to the BLS' 2011, comprehensive report.

    During 2011, the unemployment rate among Asians was 25.2%, versus Whites who are at 21.7%. When you factor in the margin of error, I can totally see these numbers being nearly the same, so I think I understand your point. If a minority is doing that well, why the protection of affirmitive action? My answer would be, what happens if that affirmative action goes away? How do you know those numbers wouldn't drop without it?

    Additionally, since we discussing the 'sucess' of a minority, I would point to another set of statistics. This may have something to with the success of the Asian community specifically. Culturally, I think Asian families value education significantly more then white, black or hispanic families. This is totally an assertion based upon my own person experience and the following statistics.
    Asians were the most likely of the groups to have graduated from college; 57 percent of Asians in the labor force had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared with 36 percent of Whites, 25 percent of Blacks, and 16 percent of Hispanics.
    Having a degree will always make you more, and more easily employable.
    despite my clumsy effort to reframe your question such that it addressed the apparent asian advantage relative to employment, you saw exactly what i was wanting to address: when does a protected class lose its protection. and i would submit that the asian minority no longer deserves to be protected under the affirmative action provisions. and if we should see the current asian economic advantage disintegrate into a disadvantage, it would then be appropriate to return that asian minority category to those of the protected groups until it can be seen that asians are again playing on a level economic playing field

    in short, retaining asians as a protected group undermines the public's belief in the legitimacy of purpose of the affirmative action programs - and that is unfortunate
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,524

    Re: CPAC Panel On Race: 'Young, White Southern Males' Hurt By Racial Outreach

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    I still can not figure out why black conservatives such as yourself think it is OK to look down on a person because of their color.
    Look in the mirror and ask yourself why Libbos look down on black Conservatives, first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •