Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 171

Thread: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

  1. #61
    Advisor WWGWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    07-01-13 @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    425

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Obama killed more than Bush. No one forced him.
    I've seen you say this a few times now. Are you saying that because more troops died in Afghanistan under President Obama, then President Bush, and because of that he could have ended it?

    I feel like I'm not understanding you correctly. If I am, I'm not following your logic here. Are you interested in elaborating?
    "....The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty...." -Jefferson 1787

  2. #62
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I never made a comparison.

    What I did was prove that you were wrong. And showed you conclusive proof that GWB did not start the war in Iraq. It was ongoing long before he ever took office.

    Do you have a problem with people educating the DP forum by speaking the truth?
    Who in their right minds responds to this? You have not proven anything and it sounds absurd.

  3. #63
    Advisor WWGWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    07-01-13 @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    425

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Who in their right minds responds to this? You have not proven anything and it sounds absurd.
    OK, not picking sides on this, but you did respond. Are you in your right mind?
    "....The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty...." -Jefferson 1787

  4. #64
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by WWGWD View Post
    I've seen you say this a few times now. Are you saying that because more troops died in Afghanistan under President Obama, then President Bush, and because of that he could have ended it?

    I feel like I'm not understanding you correctly. If I am, I'm not following your logic here. Are you interested in elaborating?
    I'm saying that Obama owned Afghan when he escalated and oversaw more US deaths (and others?) during his admin. Pretending his actions are Bush's "fault" is bogus. He must own what he has done.

    How many civilians has Obama killed? So many countries. How many soldiers? What happened to the counters.

  5. #65
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by WWGWD View Post
    OK, not picking sides on this, but you did respond. Are you in your right mind?
    You are absolutely correct, and a got a very hearty laugh out of it. LOL

  6. #66
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    And yet there are more deaths under Obama than Bush in Afghan. So, whose war is it?
    It belongs to both

  7. #67
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    there have been sixteen zillion arguments about the merits of the Iraq War. This is a debate about the relative expenditures associated with that effort.
    My comment was that we are still paying for a war/wars that were fiascos from the get go. Does that compute?

  8. #68
    Advisor WWGWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    07-01-13 @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    425

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm saying that Obama owned Afghan when he escalated and oversaw more US deaths (and others?) during his admin. Pretending his actions are Bush's "fault" is bogus. He must own what he has done.

    How many civilians has Obama killed? So many countries. How many soldiers? What happened to the counters.
    I totally and pretty strongly agree with you. Isn't the debate on this string about Iraq though? By your same logic, wouldn't that make Iraq totally President Bush's war? Maybe I missed it, and that's entirely plausible, but I never say anyone trying to place fault for Afghanistan on President Bush. That is a war that was inevitiable after 9/11. I would say, however, that President Bush should bear the brunt of the responsibility for the length of the war in Afghanistan. Simply because of the split focus after starting a war in Iraq. Would you say that is a fair assessment?
    "....The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty...." -Jefferson 1787

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Who in their right minds responds to this? You have not proven anything and it sounds absurd.
    Could you elaborate? Are you trying to insinuate that the USA was not at war with the Republic of Iraq when GWB took office?

    If so, you would be showing an extreme ignorance of history.

  10. #70
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Really. Who?
    Paul, Chafee, Hostettler, Duncan, Leach.

    a few more that I don't recall.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •