Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 210

Thread: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    White Conservative gun owners are the most persecuted group in history!
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nah...just the target when the gutless ****heads are afraid to speak the truth about who is commiting the vast majority of violent crimes in this country. But I know YOU don't have a problem with that....

    Sorry...I crack myself up...
    Like he says, he feels white conservatives are unjustly overly targeted because political correctness and other liberal attitudes prevent the real focus from being on blacks who statistically commit the most crimes in this country.

    Personally I believe viewing crime through a prism of race to be about useful as viewing anything else through race, completely pointless.

  2. #52
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Like he says, he feels white conservatives are unjustly overly targeted because political correctness and other liberal attitudes prevent the real focus from being on blacks who statistically commit the most crimes in this country.

    Personally I believe viewing crime through a prism of race to be about useful as viewing anything else through race, completely pointless.
    Good to see you following the thread.

    Look...I don't give a damn about people's comments about "whites". I'm pretty comfortable in this world, work my ass off, and the last thing I care about is the color of ones skin (seriously...who has the time?). I don't read the LA Times and didnt see this story til it became a "debate" topic (that IS what this site is about). When it was made a debate topic I pointed out how idiot it is to speculate how "dangerous" evil white gun owners might someday have the potential to be by comparison to terrorists, when we had some pretty dramatic real world examples of who is killing who today and who presents real and present threats.

    I don't think ANYONE has anything to fear from the vast majority of gun owners (regardless of race...notice how the paper and...lets just say "others" presume only white people are concerned about preservation of the constitution) unless, as pointed out by the paper, they be faced with a tyrannical government. SHOULD that day come when we are faced with a tyrannical government ( and I don't think we are there) then the implication is that only white conservative gun owners would stand against tyranny.

    Is that true? Would YOU? Or would you bow to a tyrannical government that abandoned the Constitution? That is the only situation where his might become an issue.

  3. #53
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    The gun nuts should have little room to complain about this. How many threats have come from them about watering the tree of liberty, or something much more direct? Then there is their statements that the second amendment deters unjust laws and the removal of freedoms through the overt threat that the people have guns and will shed blood. The whole idea of carrying a weapon is an overt threat. It is supposed to say criminals don't screw with me because i will shoot your ass.

    of course, when people bring that up thn comes the bumbling and idiocy as they realize they just made a huge case for them being violent and scary. After that it is either insults, or really bad excuses like they just want a gun to butter their toast and would never shoot someone with it.
    I didn't get "violent" or "scary" from the first paragraph...

    It's common sense, people have guns if bad people know that they have guns then those bad people are less likely to bother them. Maybe those bad people are a corrupt government maybe they're a violent criminal but guns being used as a deterrent is not a new concept and while I do think there are people out there who are paranoid about the government, who are dangerous and are worth keeping an eye on most gun owners who express similar sentiments are harmless law abiding citizens.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  4. #54
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Looks like this OP touched a nerve with the usual suspects of gun culture denizens and conservative flamebots who love to dish it out, but can't take it


    Naw, the OP shows the white racists at the LA Times is freaking out because they are losing the issue.

  5. #55
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Like he says, he feels white conservatives are unjustly overly targeted because political correctness and other liberal attitudes prevent the real focus from being on blacks who statistically commit the most crimes in this country.

    Personally I believe viewing crime through a prism of race to be about useful as viewing anything else through race, completely pointless.

    Then why do liberals want to disarm more African-Americans and put more African-Americans in prison for up to 25 years for new gun law violations by virtue of their being black and poor?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Then why do liberals want to disarm more African-Americans and put more African-Americans in prison for up to 25 years for new gun law violations by virtue of their being black and poor?
    Ok Mr. Hyperbole

  7. #57
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ok Mr. Hyperbole
    You already used that attempted diversion.

    African-American civil rights leaders agree with what I posted. Who are you?

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You already used that attempted diversion.

    African-American civil rights leaders agree with what I posted. Who are you?
    I don't care who agrees with you, its still hyperbole.

  9. #59
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I don't care who agrees with you, its still hyperbole.

    Then you don't know what "hyperbole" means. If millions of people and national leaders, officials, spokespersons and officeholders from different and even otherwise opposed viewpoints agree on the importance and revelancy of an issue, it is not "hyperbole" by definition.

    You aren't going to get hooked up on a it-never-works constant usage of a word hoping to divert - for you "hyperbole," for HeadOfJoaquin it is "mere" and for Liberal Avenger it is "strawman" are you?

    Just wasted messages other than I suppose some people want to increase their post count.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    I didn't get "violent" or "scary" from the first paragraph...

    It's common sense, people have guns if bad people know that they have guns then those bad people are less likely to bother them.
    Why would that be? perhaps it is because they want their guns to make them look scary? oh no wait, that couldn't be it. They want their guns because it makes them look cute and adorable. Do you even listen to the absurd logic. the reason for them to carry the guns is supposedly to scare off the bad guy. That is because there is a threat of violence when you are carrying around a tool which only has the purpose to kill.

    Again, you illustrate the problem of talking to gun people. they do not want an honest conversation. you claim to have seen nothing about violence or scary things, but then you completely contradict that in the next sentence where you claim guns scare away criminals. That is dishonest. that is pretending guns are not scary or violent while claiming they are scary and violent. Pick a side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    Maybe those bad people are a corrupt government maybe they're a violent criminal but guns being used as a deterrent is not a new concept and while I do think there are people out there who are paranoid about the government, who are dangerous and are worth keeping an eye on most gun owners who express similar sentiments are harmless law abiding citizens.
    Without a mind reading device how is anyone supposed to know which is which? Sorry, but i don't expect the government to overlook people like ted nugent who make threats against them. That is just stupid.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •