Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 210

Thread: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

  1. #131
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,872

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    WHAT!!Did he give a speech in fronta the turkey head shredder too?
    Not sure what a "turkey head shredder" is, but I suppose the LA Times is similar.

    Anyway, my comparison has more to do with someone blathering some over-the-top hyperbole.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 03-16-13 at 12:18 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #132
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Then we'll just have to differ as to whether we as a society should allow people with a history of violence to have guns. Of course, if you have a history of driving drunk, they'll take your driver's license, but guns are sacrosanct.
    Really? Where have you ever heard me say people with a "history of violence should have guns"? In fact where have you heard me NOT say people that commit violent criminal acts shouldn't get locked away long time? For that matter when was the last time YOU suggested we should go after gang bangers and thugs?

  3. #133
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Not sure what a "turkey head shredder" is, but I suppose the LA Times is similar.

    Anyway, my comparison has more to do with someone blathering some over-the-top hyperbole.


    Here ya go.Check the goober out in the background that has the turkey by the legs.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #134
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    What makes Wolfgang an authority on enslavement?
    What makes you an authority on straw?

  5. #135
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Hhmm...an analogy eh?Coulda sworn i seen some straw.
    Oh I wouldn't if I were you...

  6. #136
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,872

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post

    Here ya go.Check the goober out in the background that has the turkey by the legs.
    Well, unless you can show me that the turkey she pardoned was slaughtered, your joke is dumb.

    Anyway, if you actually listened to what she said, she makes more sense than that idiot from LA Times.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #137
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post

    Anyway, if you actually listened to what she said, she makes more sense than that idiot from LA Times.

    OH, I listened to what the half term gov had to say. For instance she was saying, while goober was stuffing the turkeys head in the shrewder, that the state was in good fiscal shape.

    Facts tell a different story though. Alaska’s half term gov, left the state with debts equal to 70 Percent of GDP. No wonder sister sarah told her told top aide, Frank Bailey, that her reason for quitting after a half term was “I hate this damn job”.

    Whats quite telling is that you seem to agree with what she says, while slamming a reporter for presenting facts. quite telling.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #138
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,872

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    OH, I listened to what the half term gov had to say. For instance she was saying, while goober was stuffing the turkeys head in the shrewder, that the state was in good fiscal shape.

    Facts tell a different story though. Alaska’s half term gov, left the state with debts equal to 70 Percent of GDP. No wonder sister sarah told her told top aide, Frank Bailey, that her reason for quitting after a half term was “I hate this damn job”.

    Whats quite telling is that you seem to agree with what she says, while slamming a reporter for presenting facts. quite telling.
    Fact!!??

    That "reporter" (he really isn't a reporter, but a badly talking head) didn't present any facts...only twisted, spun, biased rhetoric that had no relation to reality.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #139
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Fact!!??

    That "reporter" (he really isn't a reporter, but a badly talking head) didn't present any facts...only twisted, spun, biased rhetoric that had no relation to reality.
    PATRIOT-MILITIA-GRAPH.jpg

    Are you saying that this graph,that the author of the opinion piece based his article on is not right?By the way who wrote that article?I didn't see who the author was.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #140
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,872

    Re: LA Times says conservative white men worse than terrorists, monitoring needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    PATRIOT-MILITIA-GRAPH.jpg

    Are you saying that this graph,that the author of the opinion piece based his article on is not right?By the way who wrote that article?I didn't see who the author was.
    The author of the Times article was someone on the editorial board and it is widely known that they are rabid leftists. Their article, with took info from the SPLC report...which was biased in itself...and upped the rhetoric. They both are making too much ado about not much at all. Even to the point that the Times says these groups are more dangerous than international terrorists. I wonder what the comparison between numbers killed by these two types of people would show...hmmm?

    Can we say hyperbole?

    Yes, we can.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •