Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

  1. #1
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens



    Senator Ted Cruz

    Paul, Cruz, and Lee are bringing back the Bill of Rights to the Senate.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  2. #2
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post


    Senator Ted Cruz

    Paul, Cruz, and Lee are bringing back the Bill of Rights to the Senate.
    The only problem I have with this is that the phrase "imminent threat" and that it needs to be defined.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #3
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The only problem I have with this is that the phrase "imminent threat" and that it needs to be defined.
    I agree, especially with how the Administration has been trying to define "imminent threat":

    Certain aspects of this legal framework require additional explication. First, the condition that an operational leader present an "imminent" threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons will take place in the immediate future.

    Obama's Memo on Killing Americans Twists 'Imminent Threat' Like Bush - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    So it wasn't legal for the US to launch military attacks on US soil. Paultard got a statement saying it was not legal unless there was an eminent threat. So now he found a dimwitted friend and they are introducing a bill to waste more time and ban something that is already banned, and making an issue out of nothing with a law that no one really opposes. Thank you Paultard because I used to think all congresspeople wasted time in the same useless fashion, and now i realize that you are the king **** of useless, pointless, redundant crap, and grandstanding victories over nothing.

    Someone needs to tell the paultard that if he wants to do something about rights and violations of the constitutional freedoms of americans there is this little thing called the patriot act that he needs to put all this effort into killing. No one but a paranoid delusional should be afraid that obama is going to order a drone attack on their house because they watched faux news. however, the patriot act is actually a problem, and it is a problem the Paultard is actually giving a relative pass to while he makes up laws that already exist.

  5. #5
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So it wasn't legal for the US to launch military attacks on US soil. Paultard got a statement saying it was not legal unless there was an eminent threat. So now he found a dimwitted friend and they are introducing a bill to waste more time and ban something that is already banned, and making an issue out of nothing with a law that no one really opposes. Thank you Paultard because I used to think all congresspeople wasted time in the same useless fashion, and now i realize that you are the king **** of useless, pointless, redundant crap, and grandstanding victories over nothing.

    Someone needs to tell the paultard that if he wants to do something about rights and violations of the constitutional freedoms of americans there is this little thing called the patriot act that he needs to put all this effort into killing. No one but a paranoid delusional should be afraid that obama is going to order a drone attack on their house because they watched faux news. however, the patriot act is actually a problem, and it is a problem the Paultard is actually giving a relative pass to while he makes up laws that already exist.
    If you ever want a post to be taken seriously...stop with the idiotic name calling.

    You are obviously ignorant to what they are attempting to do. Using the language they are trying to prevent any future administration from using this power on American Soil. They do need to define "imminent threat."
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  6. #6
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    If you ever want a post to be taken seriously...stop with the idiotic name calling.

    You are obviously ignorant to what they are attempting to do. Using the language they are trying to prevent any future administration from using this power on American Soil. They do need to define "imminent threat."
    His name calling actually produced a small smirk on my face. However, I do agree that there requires some sort of, "hopefully not vague" definition of imminent threat.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    It's about time some of this crap got curtailed. We've let gov go way to far with infringements on our rights for decades now.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #8
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    So its okay if the government murders you with a good old fashioned rifle rather than a drone, or during your vacation instead of in your home? The whole bill can be ignored simply by claiming the person is an imminent threat, a vague definition that has already been manipulated into being meaningless. I am glad that Paul took a stand against the massive violation of civil rights, but this bill is utterly toothless and does almost nothing to prevent abuse.

    Here is a much better bill.

    No American citizen can be killed anywhere without due process. Due process means a court and a trial with the presentation of evidence. If the government can make a case for the impossibility of capturing the suspect alive, than the trial shall be held in absentia. If the person if an imminent threat, than the trial may be after the fact, with penalties to the government failing to obtain a conviction. The sole exception to these provisions are military operations conducted in accordance with a congressional declaration of war.

    That would actually create judicial oversight and follow the legal guidelines of the constitution while also creating reasonable exemptions for any special circumstances.

  9. #9
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Rand Paul is just playing the favor of ubber right wing organizations that praised his fillibuster and goals such as the ACLU and Amesty International. (Satire).

  10. #10
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Cruz, Paul Introduce Bill to Prohibit Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Here is a much better bill.

    No American citizen can be killed anywhere without due process. Due process means a court and a trial with the presentation of evidence.
    Agreed

    The next time an american decides to shoot up a school, the teachers should not call the police

    They should call a judge

    The judge caan throw "the book" at the shooter. I'm sure that will save the lives of many children
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •