Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

  1. #21
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Al Gore is the political circuit's Paris Hilton, and Gore rivals Palin in an ability to whore yourself to the masses and cash in on pop culture. If that constitutes "absolute blind hatres", then get me my Stevie Wonder sunglasses.
    Very well said!
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #22
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It's not just the right, unless libertarians are "right". I didn't like the concept of being told to conserve energy from a guy who flies everywhere on his private jet to do so. It's like telling your child to not hit other people after you spank him.

    That logic is so flawed, I can't even believe you made that 'argument.' What in the hell do you expect Al Gore to do? Sit in the fetal position until technology develops jets that don't emit CO2? If that is what you expect, then I'm sorry, you're not being fair. Funny thing, it's his freakin' mission to curb CO2, yet so many are rabidly fighting his beliefs all the while criticizing him for not turning Amish. But rest assured that I am pretty sure that if he had the ability to conduct his daily business without having to pollute the air, then I am positive he would. He's not the brightest bulb in the lamp, but he's not a ****ing moron.

    And before someone chimes in here with that incredibly stupid story of his house using more energy than the state of Tennessee, I will now spare you from looking foolish. His massive house took years to retrofit, but finally, it is pretty much off the grid. It took some time, but these things do even with little houses, let alone mansions.

    And as for the hate, I am only speaking anecdotally. From what I have seen here and other places on the web. The hate for Al Gore is strong. Pretty much just as strong as the hate for Dubya from mostly the left side of the spectrum. But the big different is, Gore was never President. As far as I know, as the lesser position of VP, I don't recall him ever doing anything that deserved such vitriol and scorn. What I do know is that many despise him because of his cause. And yes, I know that he can be irritating, dry and egotistical, but I certainly don't poo poo his message because of that. I think I can safely say without any doubt that some take the position of denyer just because of him. To me that is completely retarded.

    Al Gore loves himself some Al Gore. He also likes to cash in on his own name, which I would wager played no small part in the "success" of Current TV. He got a string of inept talking-heads to come on there and rant, including Jennifer Granholm - the bitch who ran my old state into the ground.

    Al Gore is the political circuit's Paris Hilton, and Gore rivals Palin in an ability to whore yourself to the masses and cash in on pop culture. If that constitutes "absolute blind hatres", then get me my Stevie Wonder sunglasses.

    If Al Gore was a rightie, you'd be all hard with the thought of his success.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    But nobody watched or watches current tv.

    I used to watch it for laughs.
    I'm sorry but this is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #24
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm sorry but this is hilarious.
    Poor Fenton having to go through life thinking he's a nobody.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    That logic is so flawed, I can't even believe you made that 'argument.' What in the hell do you expect Al Gore to do? Sit in the fetal position until technology develops jets that don't emit CO2? If that is what you expect, then I'm sorry, you're not being fair. Funny thing, it's his freakin' mission to curb CO2, yet so many are rabidly fighting his beliefs all the while criticizing him for not turning Amish. But rest assured that I am pretty sure that if he had the ability to conduct his daily business without having to pollute the air, then I am positive he would. He's not the brightest bulb in the lamp, but he's not a ****ing moron.

    And before someone chimes in here with that incredibly stupid story of his house using more energy than the state of Tennessee, I will now spare you from looking foolish. His massive house took years to retrofit, but finally, it is pretty much off the grid. It took some time, but these things do even with little houses, let alone mansions.

    And as for the hate, I am only speaking anecdotally. From what I have seen here and other places on the web. The hate for Al Gore is strong. Pretty much just as strong as the hate for Dubya from mostly the left side of the spectrum. But the big different is, Gore was never President. As far as I know, as the lesser position of VP, I don't recall him ever doing anything that deserved such vitriol and scorn. What I do know is that many despise him because of his cause. And yes, I know that he can be irritating, dry and egotistical, but I certainly don't poo poo his message because of that. I think I can safely say without any doubt that some take the position of denyer just because of him. To me that is completely retarded.
    What do I expect him to do? Oh I don't know...drive cross-country on a Prius? Commercial airline flights? Seriously, if you don't want to come off as a massive hypocrite, there are ways to do so.

    And you want to talk about someone catching crap who was never POTUS? I'll invoke that "Palin" name again. She's the right's Al Gore. She gained fame from politics' version of pop culture - just as he did. She never met a camera or a microphone she doesn't love - just like he does. She's most popular because of her stupidity and wrong public moves - just like he is. Now, with you being a leftie, I'm positive that you'll disagree with that comparison...right?

    Dude just comes off as a sanctimonious blowhard. Period.

    If Al Gore was a rightie, you'd be all hard with the thought of his success.
    Hey, he took a fledgeling network and made it worth a billion dollars. I think that's pretty damn good of him. You won't see me knock someone based on legitimate success.

    I'd take this more than I would John Kerry, who turned "marrying into money" into an art form, or John Edwards, everyone's favorite class action douchebag who does the most outrageously stupid things - specifically in court.

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    What do I expect him to do? Oh I don't know...drive cross-country on a Prius? Commercial airline flights? Seriously, if you don't want to come off as a massive hypocrite, there are ways to do so.

    And you want to talk about someone catching crap who was never POTUS? I'll invoke that "Palin" name again. She's the right's Al Gore. She gained fame from politics' version of pop culture - just as he did. She never met a camera or a microphone she doesn't love - just like he does. She's most popular because of her stupidity and wrong public moves - just like he is. Now, with you being a leftie, I'm positive that you'll disagree with that comparison...right?

    Dude just comes off as a sanctimonious blowhard. Period.



    Hey, he took a fledgeling network and made it worth a billion dollars. I think that's pretty damn good of him. You won't see me knock someone based on legitimate success.

    I'd take this more than I would John Kerry, who turned "marrying into money" into an art form, or John Edwards, everyone's favorite class action douchebag who does the most outrageously stupid things - specifically in court.

    Yes, one should always drive a Prius when crossing the pond.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #27
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Gore has always been very generous with other people's money.
    Other people's money? He owned Current TV and had the right to sell it to whomever he wanted to.

  8. #28
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Other people's money? He owned Current TV and had the right to sell it to whomever he wanted to.
    Well, not quite. He had a ton of investors and they are not to happy with this sale. Thus the hubub.

  9. #29
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Just because you do not have the capacity to understand my arguments does not mean it doesn't make sense.

    It's pretty simple. Gore's a hypocrite and a liar. It was never about global warming, it was the almighty dollar.
    The lawsuit against him is about his sale of the network, not what he said about global warming.

    Simply put - Does the owner of a business have the right to sell his business, even if a bunch of people have a political bone to pick with him?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #30
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Al Gore Sued Over Current TV Sale to Al Jazeera (Edit)

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Was it really WORTH $500 million? How do they value networks?
    It's worth whatever someone will pay you for it. Like anything else.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •