Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 336

Thread: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If I was in the senate I would join him that I know for sure, but I don't know what exactly I would read. Hmm...

    Any ideas?
    Swing low, swee' chariot, comin' fo' ta carry me home" ?........................

  2. #82
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I like it too.
    So much facility built into the site.
    I like the fact that you and others can use cartoons to make your point. And the fact that there is an entire thread for posting cartoons keeps me in stitches just looking at them. Great to see that many people have not lost their sense of humor when they look at what's happening today! We are resilient, and that's a plus to me for American greatness, IMO!

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Swing low, swee' chariot, comin' fo' ta carry me home" ?........................
    Reading material only. You do not want to hear me sing.

  4. #84
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,570
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slateriesling View Post
    Some one, explain to me why I don't believe him. Oh yeah, cause not one single Republican said one single unkind word about Bush during his tenure. Now that the President is who he is, they are claiming all kinds of disgust with the laws that allow this type of action.

    Oh the tangled web...
    So I take it you're supporting drone strikes on Americans in America.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #85
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,570
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    So what does Rand Paul want? Yesterday, the Obama administration announced they they had the right to use drone strikes on American citizens, on American soil, without due process. Rand Paul is filibustering the nomination of Brennan until Obama makes a promise to uphold the Constitution, and to never deny any American his Constitutional rights.

    Today, Rand Paul is a hero. Obama? He's a freakin' goat. I bashed the bejesus out of George Bush when he was in office, for taking a giant crap on the Constitution, but what Obama is doing is something that not even George Bush would have thought of.... No, not even in his wildest wet dreams. Obama is Bush on steroids, and his assault on the Constitution of the United States needs to be stopped. Kudos to Rand Paul for having the balls to take him on.

    Article is here.
    The most confusing part of this to me was when the Democrats killed Rand's resolution to prohibit drone strikes on Americans on American soil. Is there some explanation for this that I'm missing? Surely they don't mean to imply that they approve of such strikes.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    So I take it you're supporting drone strikes on Americans in America.

    Drone attacks ? The US will be lucky if it isn't nuked in the next 10 years...............just saying..............

  7. #87
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,762

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slateriesling View Post
    Some one, explain to me why I don't believe him. Oh yeah, cause not one single Republican said one single unkind word about Bush during his tenure. Now that the President is who he is, they are claiming all kinds of disgust with the laws that allow this type of action.

    Oh the tangled web...
    I consider myself to have Conservative leanings, and I took a lot of heat here, as well as in other forums, for bashing Bush over what he did. In fact, many old timers here will tell you that I was the biggest Bush basher in this forum. Today, many of my former detractors, who were very hard on me at the time, agree with me. Bush was a terrible president. I am vindicated.

    Bottom line is that I weave no tangled web, and I call it like I see it, no matter who is president. I can say that, if Obama wants to take a dump on the Constitution, then Obama should be impeached for taking said dump, and I cannot be touched for saying it. I cannot be accused of being a partisan douche bag. I have no axe to grind, either for the Republicans, or for the Democrats. IMHO, you just cannot take a dump on the Constitution, no matter which party you belong to. Obama needs to go. Period.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I consider myself to have Conservative leanings, and I took a lot of heat here, as well as in other forums, for bashing Bush over what he did. In fact, many old timers here will tell you that I was the biggest Bush basher in this forum. Today, many of my former detractors, who were very hard on me at the time, agree with me. Bush was a terrible president. I am vindicated.

    Bottom line is that I weave no tangled web, and I call it like I see it, no matter who is president. I can say that, if Obama wants to take a dump on the Constitution, then Obama should be impeached for taking said dump, and I cannot be touched for saying it. I cannot be accused of being a partisan douche bag. I have no axe to grind, either for the Republicans, or for the Democrats. IMHO, you just cannot take a dump on the Constitution, no matter which party you belong to. Obama needs to go. Period.
    The neverending, mounting crescendo of hysteria......................

  9. #89
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,762

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    There are no hardcore liberals in my head, trust me.

    Wyden's ratings: 100% from the NARAL, 100% from the NAACP, 100% from the National Education Assoc, 100% from the Brady Campaign, 100% from AFL-CIO, 100% from the NOW, etc, etc

    0% from the FreedomWorks, 2% from the Citizens Against Government Waste, 0% from the USA Chamber of Commerce, 4% from the American Conservative Union, 0% from the Family Research Council, "F-" from the NRA, 0% from Americans for Immigration Control, etc, etc

    Looks pretty liberal to me, both in the good and in the bad way.
    Yea, Ron Wyden's a Liberal, but today I embrace him for taking a stand. Here's the deal. Liberals and Conservatives can demonize each other, or...........

    They can come together over an issue that is neither Liberal nor Conservative, but American. We can always squabble later over other things. But right now, we are at a crossroads, and our Constitution is at stake.

    NOTE: Just looked at the number of likes I got on my OP, and who made them... Liberals and Conservatives alike. Makes me feel good. Yes, there IS hope for America.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #90
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,805

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    IMO, Obama just needs to shift his thoughts on this. Impeachment talk is a bit premature, to say the least.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •