Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 336

Thread: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

  1. #291
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Alright point to me specific quotes from Rand stating he doesn't believe we should take out a terrorist actively engaged in violence.
    Nice straw man
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #292
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Oy vey!

    It just goes to show that the uproar has nothing to do with anything Holder or anyone else said. No matter what is said, the wingnuts will claim that they can't be trusted, which shows that their poutrage is just a feeble attempt to link their congenital mistrust of Obama to reality

    I don't know, I believe it is because of reality that I've a congenital mistrust of Government.

    you should too.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nice straw man
    I swear, you are the tolliest troll that ever trolled.

    A request for facts and evidence is not a strawman. Do you even know what a strawman is?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #294
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I swear, you are the tolliest troll that ever trolled.

    A request for facts and evidence is not a strawman. Do you even know what a strawman is?
    When you ask for a quote to prove something was said that no one claimed he said you are making a straw man argument
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #295
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    1) Have no problem with that

    2) Yes

    3) Drones have many uses, many of them non-lethal

    4) I have no problem with that either
    At least you admit you support expansion of the Department of Homeland Security to having direct decision large scale nationwide military attack capabilities against American civilians - rather than just remaining an intelligence organization as originally designed.

  6. #296
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    When you ask for a quote to prove something was said that no one claimed he said you are making a straw man argument
    I stated: "You bring up terrorists actively engaged in violent activity as if that is what is being debated."

    You said: "Actually that is exactly what is being debated."

    So please point to me where Senator Paul was debating this.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  7. #297
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I stated: "You bring up terrorists actively engaged in violent activity as if that is what is being debated."

    You said: "Actually that is exactly what is being debated."

    So please point to me where Senator Paul was debating this.
    A: he wasn't. In fact, he explicitly stated that he wasn't debating that, that no one was debating that.


    do I get a prize?

  8. #298
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    A: he wasn't. In fact, he explicitly stated that he wasn't debating that, that no one was debating that.


    do I get a prize?
    Here+_846be061a4b1f1985195b8d434e51364.jpg

  9. #299
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Gvt has been assassinating people for a long time. Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, everyone holed-up in that compound outside Waco, Chris Dorner...all of them were murdered by cops more so than killed in order to preserve innocent lives under imminent threat or in acts of self-defense. So...it's not like LEO and the GVT have a good track record on this, IMO.
    The ex-cop shot himself, right?

  10. #300
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,729

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The ex-cop shot himself, right?
    After the cabin was set on fire, he took a bullet to the head. Whether it was self inflicted or not has not been 100% verified. But, let's say he did. They still burned the cabin with the intention of burning him alive or forcing him out to be shot dead. They certainly made no attempt to wait him out.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •