Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 336

Thread: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

  1. #281
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Terrorists actively engaged in an attack have no right to trial before having their heads blown off.
    And with that reasoning you approve of the DHS spending $433 million more to buy more drones for US domestic usage - in the event Americans are engaging in a terrorist attack within the USA?

    Can you think of any senario where, say, an F16 couldn't deal with that has-never-happened situation?

    Do you REALLY believe that is what the DHS drones are for? To be ready to attack an American snipering people from a building for terroristic purposes?

    That's why the DHS also is purchasing 2700 of these:



    To deal will all the Americans in the USA engaging in terrorist attacks. Did I get the analysis correct?

  2. #282
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    And with that reasoning you approve of the DHS spending $433 million more to buy more drones for US domestic usage - in the event Americans are engaging in a terrorist attack within the USA?

    Can you think of any senario where, say, an F16 couldn't deal with that has-never-happened situation?

    Do you REALLY believe that is what the DHS drones are for? To be ready to attack an American snipering people from a building for terroristic purposes?

    That's why the DHS also is purchasing 2700 of these:



    To deal will all the Americans in the USA engaging in terrorist attacks. Did I get the analysis correct?
    1) Have no problem with that

    2) Yes

    3) Drones have many uses, many of them non-lethal

    4) I have no problem with that either
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #283
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Terrorists actively engaged in an attack have no right to trial before having their heads blown off.
    We are talking about US citizens ACCUSED (aka not convicted) of being terrorists. We have something called the Constitution that protects citizens (and anyone in the US) through due process.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #284
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Regarding the American citizens issue....you obviously don't read anything on the left because there are constant attacks on Obama for targetting US citizens!
    Granted, there are. I was pleased to hear Bill Press and a few other progressive talk show hosts praising Paul for what he did yesterday. But then we have others who will defend those in their Party (Republican or Democrat) even if they video taped themselves drowning puppies.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  5. #285
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    We are talking about US citizens ACCUSED (aka not convicted) of being terrorists. We have something called the Constitution that protects citizens (and anyone in the US) through due process.
    Wrong

    Criminals engaged in committing criminal acts which endanger others can be shot without having to bring them to trial first.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #286
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,723
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    We are talking about US citizens ACCUSED (aka not convicted) of being terrorists. We have something called the Constitution that protects citizens (and anyone in the US) through due process.
    GWB said at the outset of the War on Terror that it would take us to new and dark places. He saw farther than most.

    This is why it is critical to understand that counterterrorism is war, not law enforcement. American citizens, Confederates, were slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands by the federal government 1861-1865.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #287
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,456

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong

    Criminals engaged in committing criminal acts which endanger others can be shot without having to bring them to trial first.
    Gvt has been assassinating people for a long time. Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, everyone holed-up in that compound outside Waco, Chris Dorner...all of them were murdered by cops more so than killed in order to preserve innocent lives under imminent threat or in acts of self-defense. So...it's not like LEO and the GVT have a good track record on this, IMO.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong

    Criminals engaged in committing criminal acts which endanger others can be shot without having to bring them to trial first.
    No s****. How many times did Paul reiterate the fact that a true imminent threat is not what we're talking about here? You bring up terrorists actively engaged in violent activity as if that is what is being debated. It is not.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  9. #289
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    No s****. How many times did Paul reiterate the fact that a true imminent threat is not what we're talking about here? You bring up terrorists actively engaged in violent activity as if that is what is being debated. It is not.
    Actually that is exactly what is being debated.

    Rands claims to the contrary are just lies that enable his desire to grandstand
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #290
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually that is exactly what is being debated.
    Alright point to me specific quotes from Rand stating he doesn't believe we should take out a terrorist actively engaged in violence.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •