Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 336

Thread: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

  1. #221
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    yep. the administration needs to walk back this position, and quickly. there isn't going to be broad support for killing citizens in the US with remote control helicopters and no trials. even the 2002-era Republican patriot act cheerleaders probably wouldn't support that if GWB was still president.
    I've said this since day one of the Patriot Act, some provisions actually make sense and clear up due process hurdles during times of immediate danger, no issues there. It's the rest of that bill that needs to be gutted.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #222
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm just sayin', one more hawkish move and it's "Enough Obama the Warmonger, who's next!"
    So now it's "hawkish" to say we're going to kill terrorists when they're in the middle of an attack on the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #223
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now it's "hawkish" to say we're going to kill terrorists when they're in the middle of an attack on the US?
    I'm not referring specifically to this thread, just commenting on your claim regarding the left and his drone actions in general. I think he needs to deliver something soon, or it's 'under the bus'. If he strikes Iran, you think he'll maintain a majority support among the left?

  4. #224
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,629
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post

    1. Not really. Though the question Rand asked was not limited to any particular circumstance, the answer given by Holder clearly does limit the use of drones to only the most exceptional circumstances and does limit itself to attacks in progress.

    2. No, the letter clearly does not allow killing people based on suspicion. That is just hysterical BS
    1. That's the point I've been trying to get across, the paultards just twist and move things around and say, no Rand Paul mean this. Where Eric Holder was actually specific for once in his life, Rand Paul wasn't yet again!

    2. That's what happens when Rand Paul asks a question without any context. I bet Eric Holder was scratching his head and saying to himself, "What does this fool want now? Does he really think I'm going to target him with a drone?" Of course, for some reason the paultards will never admit that this is exactly what they think.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  5. #225
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not referring specifically to this thread, just commenting on your claim regarding the left and his drone actions in general.
    I don't see how your previous comment applies to the left.

    And the left has been critical of Obama over many issues. The left doesn't like Obama and his centrism
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #226
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't see how your previous comment applies to the left.

    And the left has been critical of Obama over many issues. The left doesn't like Obama and his centrism
    I think they're about to not like him a lot more, in general and especially if he acts on Iran. Like the first rumblings of the Tea Party, when repubs began to speak out against Bush's spending.

  7. #227
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the letter clearly does not allow killing people based on suspicion. That is just hysterical BS
    How do they propose to move beyond "suspicion" without due process? That's what I'd like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  8. #228
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think they're about to not like him a lot more, in general and especially if he acts on Iran. Like the first rumblings of the Tea Party, when repubs began to speak out against Bush's spending.
    Ahh, I see now.

    But I doubt it. The left hasn't ever liked Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #229
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    How do they propose to move beyond "suspicion" without due process? That's what I'd like to know.
    The same way cops do when they see someone shooting people. They don't hold a trial before blowing the shooters head off.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #230
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,495

    Re: Senator Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster: Reads 'Alice in Wonderland'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not really. Though the question Rand asked was not limited to any particular circumstance, the answer given by Holder clearly does limit the use of drones to only the most exceptional circumstances and does limit itself to attacks in progress.




    No, the letter clearly does not allow killing people based on suspicion. That is just hysterical BS

    As a matter of policy. Rand asked as a matter of law. Policies can change at the discretion of the executive. He doesn't have that flexibility with laws.

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •