Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornicator

  1. #51
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ex-post-facto contracts are illegal. The boyfriend wasn't an employee at the time pre-marital sex occurred. You can't hire someone, obligate them to a code of conduct, and then go back and punish them for behavior which occurred prior to their signing the contract.
    That would only be the case is the school only found out after hiring him. Since they knew that he had engaged in premarital sex beforehand, if they actually wanted to uphold their moral code, they simply wouldn't have hired him in the first place.

    Its not a violation of contract to fire someone for drug use and then hire the guy he blazed up with. It does make it clear however, that you don't actually care about your employees drug use and claimed motivation for the firing was a lie.
    Last edited by rathi; 03-06-13 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #52
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    THIS is what I would call "hypocrisy"



    Please note the qualifier that follows the above paragraph

    "If true, . . ."
    Nothing really astounding here. I would well imagine this "Christian" schools get federal charter school dollars, all vote republican and are of the born again evangelical sect. They don't like women. They think they are the harlots put here on earth to tempt man only.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    That would only be the case is the school only found out after hiring him. Since they knew that he had engaged in premarital sex beforehand, if they actually wanted to uphold their moral code, they simply wouldn't have hired him in the first place.
    He was married at the time he was hired.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Its not a violation of contract to fire someone for drug use and then hire the guy they blazed up with. It does make it clear however, that you don't actually care about your employees drug use and claimed motivation for the firing was a lie.
    Clear as mud.

  4. #54
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    She should have lied, and said that she never had sex....just got pregnant...and that, the other night, an angel came to her and said that she was going to be the mother of the son of god. That's what I would have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #55
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    That would only be the case is the school only found out after hiring him. Since they knew that he had engaged in premarital sex beforehand, if they actually wanted to uphold their moral code, they simply wouldn't have hired him in the first place.

    Its not a violation of contract to fire someone for drug use and then hire the guy they blazed up with. It does make it clear however, that you don't actually care about your employees drug use and claimed motivation for the firing was a lie.
    You're supposing motives, and since we're going down that path, it's a far better fit that the husband came to them repentent, admitting sin and asking forgiveness. And again, I point you to another possible motive - to not leave this pregnant woman out in the cold.

    But of course these are suppositions. The facts as we know them are that he wasn't covered under the contract when he committed the behavior and she was. As far as we know, there is no retroactive clause in the contract.

  6. #56
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're supposing motives, and since we're going down that path, it's a far better fit that the husband came to them repentent, admitting sin and asking forgiveness.
    Except they never gave Teri a chance to repent, admit sin or ask for forgiveness.

    And again, I point you to another possible motive - to not leave this pregnant woman out in the cold.
    If they didn't want to leave her out in the cold, they wouldn't have fired her in the first place.

    But of course these are suppositions. The facts as we know them are that he wasn't covered under the contract when he committed the behavior and she was. As far as we know, there is no retroactive clause in the contract.
    The contract is not the issue. By hiring the boyfriend, the school clearly demonstrated they want employees even if they engage in premarital sex. That makes their claim they fired her because they don't want employees who engage in premarital sex inconsistent and therefore suspect.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,312

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Except they never gave Teri a chance to repent, admit sin or ask for forgiveness.

    If they didn't want to leave her out in the cold, they wouldn't have fired her in the first place.

    The contract is not the issue. By hiring the boyfriend, the school clearly demonstrated they want employees even if they engage in premarital sex. That makes their claim they fired her because they don't want employees who engage in premarital sex inconsistent and therefore suspect.
    The contract is the issue. And while the contracts were most probably the same in all hiring, the fact remains that the woman violated her contractby engaging in premarital sex after she was employed by the school. Her husband did not. The operative word here is husband.

    We don't know whether the school did or did not give the women a chance to repent, admit sin, or ask forgiveness. Does that extend to violation of contract, or premarital sex?

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: School Allegedly Fires Woman for Premarital Sex Then Offers Her Job to Co-Fornica

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Since she predates the school, the contract there is no possibility she would be working there or that she would be fired. Definitely a classic strawman.
    Really? Boy, thanks for pointing that out! What would we do without people like you to illuminate the obvious?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •