Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 149

Thread: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

  1. #61
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    This is about bad parenting decisions, no matter what the OP's intentions actually were. He's playing you all like a fiddle. Just sayin..
    I disagree. Confronting BS posts/thread OPs and exposing them for what they are is the best course of action.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I disagree. Confronting BS posts/thread OPs and exposing them for what they are is the best course of action.
    In some cases, yes. I would do it too. This one? Not so much. Make it about what it really is and not what the OP would like it to be.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #63
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    are these kids Mel Brooks? I doubt they are old enough to be offering some type of intelligent commentary on the events of 9/11, and we both know you're just reflexively trying to defend them, like Goshin, because they are Israeli.

    Rather hilarious stuff, to be honest
    The OP is a clear anti-semite. Anyone with even a passing familiarity with them will find it hard to argue otherwise. But that is a pretty piss poor reason to try and justify this costume , which is what some posters have done here

  4. #64
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    In some cases, yes. I would do it too. This one? Not so much. Make it about what it really is and not what the OP would like it to be.
    It's about what it's about. Ignoring things doesn't change that.

  5. #65
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Tell me, though -- if a poster arrived who did nothing else than single out black people, constantly dredged up dialogue that they were stupid, thuggish, and out to breed with white girls, used stupid youtube videos by the KKK, and was obsessed with trying to portray them in the most negative light possible, would you have the same reaction? Why should it be any different with Jewish people other than the fact people consider the hatred of his small ethnicity so acceptable?
    First of all, I never implied that anti semitism was reasonable. So save the accusations and race huckstering. Second, my remarks clearly concerned the people trying to justify the costumes because the story concerned Israelis. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the views of the OP and is certainly not justified by them.
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 03-04-13 at 09:24 AM.

  6. #66
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    That's the only comment this thread deserves, G. You should have left it at that. All you're doing is giving it more importance than it deserves. You're giving the OP exactly what he wants by making it about the "evil Jews". Don't play his game. This is about bad parenting decisions, no matter what the OP's intentions actually were. He's playing you all like a fiddle. Just sayin..
    I consider antisemitism important rather than unimportant because of the relationship between rhetoric and action. If there is ANY lesson the Holocaust should teach us, it is that when a small minority is sytematically demonized and a population grows to accept such demonization as normal, some very real harm can come to the minority population -- in the case of Jews, to the tune of 6 million dead. I value the lives of people more than I do the sort of political correctness that demands I remain silent and look the other way.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #67
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    First of all, I never implied that anti semitism was reasonable. So save the accusations and race huckstering. Second, my remarks clearly concerned the people trying to justify the costumes because the story concerned Israelis. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the views of the OP and is certainly not justified by them.
    What you did was make a choice, Dr C. In a thread designed by one with a clear agenda to demonize Jews, you chose to comment on those who you view as overly zealous by way of defense rather than the more malignant and hateful zealotry of the OP. This is not "race huckstering", but simply noting the choice you made. Since it was your choice, one can only assume you found it more important to comment on the reaction to the demonization than the demonization, itself.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #68
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    my remarks clearly concerned the people trying to justify the costumes because the story concerned Israelis.
    That's BS. I'd defend any constume regardless of who wears it. Costumes are not, in and of themselves, immoral or unethical.

    Someone wants to dress up as a nazi, KKK man or Evil Jesus for Halloween? I couldn't give a **** and neither should you.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 03-04-13 at 10:03 AM.

  9. #69
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    What you did was make a choice, Dr C.
    Yes, I chose to point out how stupid it was to try and justify the costume, due to supporting israel

    In a thread designed by one with a clear agenda to demonize Jews, you chose to comment on those who you view as overly zealous by way of defense rather than the more malignant and hateful zealotry of the OP. This is not "race huckstering", but simply noting the choice you made.
    Overly zealous? The entire line of reasoning is completely moronic. Nothing about the OP being a bigot requires people to defend a tasteless costume.

    Since it was your choice, one can only assume you found it more important to comment on the reaction to the demonization than the demonization, itself.
    Yes, I'm sure old joe McCarthy followed similar lines of ill logic

  10. #70
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Kid's Purim Costume : The Burning Twin Towers [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I consider antisemitism important rather than unimportant because of the relationship between rhetoric and action. If there is ANY lesson the Holocaust should teach us, it is that when a small minority is sytematically demonized and a population grows to accept such demonization as normal, some very real harm can come to the minority population -- in the case of Jews, to the tune of 6 million dead. I value the lives of people more than I do the sort of political correctness that demands I remain silent and look the other way.
    I won't argue any of that. I speak against any sort of discrimination whenever I see it too. In this thread, I'm more worried about the welfare of those kids in the OP. They're being raised by idiots. If and when the OP comes back and makes clear disparaging comments against the Jewish people, I probably will join you in blasting him. Until then... stupid, stupid parents who should really know better.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •