Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 217

Thread: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

  1. #31
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, they're not. What you're talking about is penalty, not law, and that's only after the trial and court process.
    So the laws crminalizing murder are not laws?

    And the jurisdictions these laws applies to were subject to due process, AKA the legislative process
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #32
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    **** NO. That is a terrible argument.

    This law is the equivalent of only prosecuting murder in 14 of the 50 states. Not. The. Same. Thing.
    Murder laws apply to those for whom due process has shown to be guilty of murder

    This laws applies to those for whom due process has shown to be guilty of discrimination
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Murder laws apply to those for whom due process has shown to be guilty of murder

    This laws applies to those for whom due process has shown to be guilty of discrimination
    Your argument is undermined by the fact that no other state or area has been brought to "court" in the last 50 years.

  4. #34
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    You're argument is undermined by the fact that no other state or area has been brought to court in the last 50 years.
    Untrue. Several localities have been subject to court orders in the last few years
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Or maybe, that support over the VRA indicates declining discrimination?
    If you mean that such support indicates the people are less (purposely) discriminatory/racist which, in turn, decreases discrimination, then I agree.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Untrue. Several localities have been subject to court orders in the last few years
    SMH. If you think this law is applied equally to all states, there isn't much I can do for you.

    Fact: Murder law applies everyone, not just those who have previously been convicted of murder.
    Fact: VRA outlaws discriminatory laws by only those states who were guilty of discrimination 50 years ago. Case closed.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    If you mean that such support indicates the people are less (purposely) discriminatory/racist which, in turn, decreases discrimination, then I agree.
    Which is contradictory, because if the topic is discrimination then increased support for such a law undermines the actual need for it.

  8. #38
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    What do you think people care about more; your opinion or the constitution?
    My opinion, especially if they are here at DP.

    People are like Scalia. They'll **** all over the constitution when it serves their purposes.

    But anyone here at a debate site wants to hear opinions.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #39
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Okay, well, I don't see that. He didn't invent the term, and it has been discussed, and it's a reasonably well known principle.
    I didn't say he invented the term. But the term has precisely **** all to do with the constitutionality of the law. It's purely masturbatory partisanship.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Civil rights leaders outraged over Scalia’s ‘racial entitlement’ argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Which is contradictory, because if the topic is discrimination then increased support for such a law undermines the actual need for it.
    No, it's not contradictory because decreased discrimination does not mean that discrimination has reached such a low level that laws are no longer necessary to guard against it.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •