Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 133

Thread: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

  1. #11
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I think just to be clear we shouldn't call this a ban on shooting from helicopters, its apparently a ban on shooting from helicopters unless being shot at or to protect someone else from bodily harm. It doesn't say anything about shooting to disable vehicles and the like but I'd presume that's still allowed if you're given the proper authorization, think shooting a smuggling boat's engines for example.
    Certainly. I'm just pointing out that shooting at people, from helicopters or otherwise, is a pretty standard border patrol practice in most of the world and the fact that Texas got around to outlawing it isn't a sign that Texas is backwards-- it's a sign of how civilized and compassionate Texas is.

    Too civilized and compassionate for my tastes. Smuggling yourself into this country should be dangerous. If we can't stop illegal immigration, we can at least make sure we get a better class of illegals.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Certainly. I'm just pointing out that shooting at people, from helicopters or otherwise, is a pretty standard border patrol practice in most of the world and the fact that Texas got around to outlawing it isn't a sign that Texas is backwards-- it's a sign of how civilized and compassionate Texas is.

    Too civilized and compassionate for my tastes. Smuggling yourself into this country should be dangerous. If we can't stop illegal immigration, we can at least make sure we get a better class of illegals.
    There is this pretty important concept known as due process. Shooting people from helicopters kinda is not following due process. In point of fact, since Germany reunited, shooting people crossing a border isn't common in th ed civilized world.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is this pretty important concept known as due process. Shooting people from helicopters kinda is not following due process. In point of fact, since Germany reunited, shooting people crossing a border isn't common in th ed civilized world.
    You're equivocating here. Police leveraging force to stop illegal immigration, while legal channels remain open, is hardly comparable to what was going on in east Germany under an authoritarian govt.

  4. #14
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, that is the most ridiculous non sequitor in history.

    So yeah, shooting people from a helicopter is bad. That is one of those common sense things.
    But of course, droning them along with 50 innocent bystanders would be perfectly okay, right?

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    But of course, droning them along with 50 innocent bystanders would be perfectly okay, right?
    I said that where?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    You're equivocating here. Police leveraging force to stop illegal immigration, while legal channels remain open, is hardly comparable to what was going on in east Germany under an authoritarian govt.
    Not quite what I said. Most governments do not shoot people just for crossing the border.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I said that where?
    So you're against President Obama's indescriminate murder of Americans and other nationals using drones. Good to hear.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So you're against President Obama's indescriminate murder of Americans and other nationals using drones. Good to hear.
    I said that where? Are you going to argue my words, or are you going to keep making faulty assumptions?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I said that where? Are you going to argue my words, or are you going to keep making faulty assumptions?
    So, your point is what? You said shooting people from a helicopter was obviously bad but your both not okay with drone killings or you are okay with drone killings, you just won't say. Slamming Texas is a great American liberal passtime but challenging a liberal President is impossible. It really is interesting watching an Obama supporter twist out of shape trying not to say anything bad about their hero.

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas bans shooting immigrants from helicopters

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, your point is what? You said shooting people from a helicopter was obviously bad but your both not okay with drone killings or you are okay with drone killings, you just won't say. Slamming Texas is a great American liberal passtime but challenging a liberal President is impossible. It really is interesting watching an Obama supporter twist out of shape trying not to say anything bad about their hero.
    I am opposed to using drone strikes to kill people entering the county illegally. Drone strikes for other purposes are irrelevant to the topic since they are used for, you know, different purposes. Hint: this isn't about Obama. Not every topic is. Bringing in irrelevancies is diverting, not discussing the, you know, topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •