Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

  1. #51
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not go into the gun control section because the stupid and the rhetoric is painfully high on both sides in there. It is worse than the abortion and ME sections.
    Naw, it's not worse than the Abortion board. That's an impossibility. And the gun control board is definitely better than the Zimmerman board.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except I have and do. Nice try though, except for the fail.
    Very rarely...very rarely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And again, not happening.
    Oh Rlly?

    NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

    No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.....

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Happened != happening
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Happened != happening
    Your argument was presaged on the notion that the folks who wanted to remove all guns from private hands were such a minority that they would never be able to exercise political power, and were thus unworthy of concern. You were wrong. It's okay. It happens

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Your argument was presaged on the notion that the folks who wanted to remove all guns from private hands were such a minority that they would never be able to exercise political power, and were thus unworthy of concern. You were wrong. It's okay. It happens
    And your evidence I was wrong was a brief event in response to a catastrophic event. Kinda actually proves me right. You should be used to that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And your evidence I was wrong was a brief event in response to a catastrophic event. Kinda actually proves me right. You should be used to that.
    Um, no. I stated that there were such people. You claimed they were irrelevant. My counterclaim was that in fact those people not only ruled several of our major cities, but in fact that they claimed broad powers during "emergencies" to put their policies into practice. You claimed it would "never happen", apparently ignorant of the fact that it already has.

    If you like, it would be the work of a few minutes to quote the entire conversation for you. You made the error of dismissing an actually politically powerful group of people who wish to indeed remove all firearms from the general public, and then you made the error of applying an absolutist negative statement (never happen) to a description of something that had already, in fact, occurred.

    Your political overlap with these people has caused you to under-estimate their willingness to trample on the rights of others.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,343

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Boy, 15, Fatally Shoots Five Family Members Then Goes to Church: Cops
    Nehemiah Griego, 15, Fatally Shoots Parents and Three Siblings: Cops : People.com


    Your move.....

  9. #59
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders - Little Rock gun rights | Examiner.com

    On Thursday night, Feb. 21, around 8:00, a Houston family was in the middle of baking a cake when they were attacked in their own home. There was a knock at the door and the father saw a young man standing at the door who he presumed was a friend of his son. Upon opening the door slightly, three armed intruders then violently forced their way into the home, as reported by KHOU.
    After forcing their way in, the intruders then knocked the father down to the floor. They then proceeded to go after the mother. At which point, the son grabbed his father's gun, shooting and killing one of the intruders. The other two intruders quickly fled the home, but were soon caught by police.
    No charges against the son are expected to be filed, as he was acting in self-defense. According to the report, Harry Moulder, a neighbor of the family, stated:
    "People canít go breaking into peopleís homes and not expect some sort of consequence."
    The young man was just doing what he had to do in order to protect his family.


    - - - -

    A very responsible and clear headed young man.
    Of course charges won't be filed. It's a cut and dry case of self-defense. The kid should get a medal.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #60
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Young man in Texas protects parents from violent intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Boy, 15, Fatally Shoots Five Family Members Then Goes to Church: Cops
    Nehemiah Griego, 15, Fatally Shoots Parents and Three Siblings: Cops : People.com


    Your move.....

    And a background check and magazine limit would have prevented that how?

    It's your move again.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •