Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 218

Thread: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

  1. #111
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Looks like the method was layed out by the Research Institute YOUR BOY likes to read up on. Although this is why there is always some confusion thrown up into the mix. Especially when you cherry pick those stats.

    Right here you state it perfectly.....with well we can go back to GOP Policies. Again failing to deal with the reality at hand and under YOUR boy's Watch. Where all falls into his lap now.

    Even the most loyal of lap-dogs would surely know this.
    It appears your own red font has blinded you to historic fact:


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why the increase in gas prices?

    See the increase in world oil prices below:



    Oil Is Still the Key to U.S. Economic Future - Seeking Alpha
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I'm afeerd you're leaving poor MMC in the dust with all them fancy facts and figers.
    Nice try again.....read along now, and see where your failed leader has mislead you once more. See ya cannot get past the fact that energy prices are up 90% under Obama. Nor can you get past the fact that there is something he can do to immediately affect the price of gas.

    I understand you missed the part where Obama was talking about what Europeans paid for gas and then what he had to say about Americans and their gas issue. Especially about the price and cost of gas for Americans in the future. Note: the Demo underground isn't responsible for what you don't read and report to them with.

  3. #113
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    What’s Up With Gas Prices?

    "The rise and fall in gasoline and diesel prices directly relates to the cost of crude oil and the global demand for crude on the worldwide market."

    See more here-

    Why Are Gas Prices Rising?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #114
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nice try again.....read along now, and see where your failed leader has mislead you once more. See ya cannot get past the fact that energy prices are up 90% under Obama. Nor can you get past the fact that there is something he can do to immediately affect the price of gas.

    I understand you missed the part where Obama was talking about what Europeans paid for gas and then what he had to say about Americans and their gas issue. Especially about the price and cost of gas for Americans in the future. Note: the Demo underground isn't responsible for what you don't read and report to them with.
    The president is responsible for all the economic growth in the world that increased world demand and oil prices? Interesting...........
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    The timing couldn’t be worse, either, as a spokesperson for AAA pointed out:

    “This is the most expensive we’ve seen gasoline in the dead of winter,” which is ususally a time of relatively low consumption, said John Townsend, a spokesman for AAA Mid-Atlantic. Noting that the increase comes just as the payroll tax cut has expired, Townsend said that “this is a double whammy for many consumers, especially on the East Coast, because many people there use home heating oil. . . . People got that shock to the system and now a shock at the gas pumps.”

    Tuesday marked the 33rd consecutive day of rising gas prices across the U.S, according to a spokesman from the American Automobile Association, marking the longest run of fuel-cost increases since 2011.

    According to South Jersey AAA spokesman Rich Bradley, the most recent spike in gas prices stems partly from a refinery closure in Saint Croix resulting in one million barrels of crude oil sitting idle, combined with slowdowns at 25 percent of U.S. refineries for scheduled maintenance work.

    Gas companies are also switching over from a winter blend to a summer blend, so there’s just not a lot of fuel out there, which is driving up cost,” said Bradley. “Also, there’s still the remnants of the disruption caused by (Superstorm) Sandy — that’s going to be less and less each day, but it’s still a factor.”

    And when gas prices rise

    Worse yet, increasing fuel prices are expected to impact the cost of other goods and services, hitting consumers with a second punch.

    How can we avoid these prices spikes in the future? First, we could produce more of our own oil — a point recently made by several Southern governors to incoming Interior Secretary Sally Jewell. We also need more refineries in order to provide more flexibility for maintenance scheduling and output capacity. For both purposes, we need the EPA to back off its regulatory adventurism, and state and local governments to do the same.....snip~

    WaPo: What’s going on with gas prices? « Hot Air

    Seems everyone is saying the same thing if we want to bring down gas prices. Well everyone but Democrats and Team Obama.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It appears your own red font has blinded you to historic fact:
    It appears your Boyz new sanctions on Iran and those Regulations and taxes he just imposed. Have blinded yours as to which reality we are talking about.

  7. #117
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The timing couldn’t be worse, either, as a spokesperson for AAA pointed out:

    “This is the most expensive we’ve seen gasoline in the dead of winter,” which is ususally a time of relatively low consumption, said John Townsend, a spokesman for AAA Mid-Atlantic. Noting that the increase comes just as the payroll tax cut has expired, Townsend said that “this is a double whammy for many consumers, especially on the East Coast, because many people there use home heating oil. . . . People got that shock to the system and now a shock at the gas pumps.”

    Tuesday marked the 33rd consecutive day of rising gas prices across the U.S, according to a spokesman from the American Automobile Association, marking the longest run of fuel-cost increases since 2011.

    According to South Jersey AAA spokesman Rich Bradley, the most recent spike in gas prices stems partly from a refinery closure in Saint Croix resulting in one million barrels of crude oil sitting idle, combined with slowdowns at 25 percent of U.S. refineries for scheduled maintenance work.

    Gas companies are also switching over from a winter blend to a summer blend, so there’s just not a lot of fuel out there, which is driving up cost,” said Bradley. “Also, there’s still the remnants of the disruption caused by (Superstorm) Sandy — that’s going to be less and less each day, but it’s still a factor.”

    And when gas prices rise

    Worse yet, increasing fuel prices are expected to impact the cost of other goods and services, hitting consumers with a second punch.

    How can we avoid these prices spikes in the future? First, we could produce more of our own oil — a point recently made by several Southern governors to incoming Interior Secretary Sally Jewell. We also need more refineries in order to provide more flexibility for maintenance scheduling and output capacity. For both purposes, we need the EPA to back off its regulatory adventurism, and state and local governments to do the same.....snip~

    WaPo: What’s going on with gas prices? « Hot Air

    Seems everyone is saying the same thing if we want to bring down gas prices. Well everyone but Democrats and Team Obama.

    Hot air? How appropriate!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The president is responsible for all the economic growth in the world that increased world demand and oil prices? Interesting...........
    No he isn't responsible for economic growth for the world. But he is responsible in applying pressure on all in the G8 to keep their reserves open as well as getting an agreement from them on it.....course you missed that part on where just them planning to do so and releasing a statement that they would. Would keep the Cost of gas down.

  9. #119
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It appears your Boyz new sanctions on Iran and those Regulations and taxes he just imposed. Have blinded yours as to which reality we are talking about.
    You'll have to show us how the effects from the sanctions on Iran was greater than the increased demand from an improved world economy.....................
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #120
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas Prices Jump Nearly 25 Cents In Last 2 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No he isn't responsible for economic growth for the world. But he is responsible in applying pressure on all in the G8 to keep their reserves open as well as getting an agreement from them on it.....course you missed that part on where just them planning to do so and releasing a statement that they would. Would keep the Cost of gas down.
    I don't have your ability to ignore the steady climb in gas prices since the 90's. How did President Obama swing that? The only real downturn in prices was the great recession, now that the world economy is improving so is the world demand for oil. Which is why gas prices are going up all over the world.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •