Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 405

Thread: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why would anyone take the hypocrisy of John McCain seriously?
    Probably because he's been there and done that and has been places where nobody ever wanted to go.

  2. #382
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Probably because he's been there and done that and has been places where nobody ever wanted to go.
    Yes, nobody ever wanted to lose to Barrack Obama, yet he did!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #383
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    If you look at the demographics of who actually watches the Comedy channel and who thinks that John Stewart as a credible news source, they take the death of four Americans as seriously as the rest of Comedy Central's lineup of programing.

    They can't distinguish between what's comedy and what is serious.
    What amazes me is that the generation behind mine--my kids' generation--seems to take its political cue from Jon Stewart.

    Lots of what Stewart says is dead-on political satire, It's funny. And that's the point. Stewart is so bright and clever!

    But he's not a heavyweight intellectually; he's an entertainer, and it's sad, that there are folks who pose as serious thinkers who don't see beyond the superficialities of his wit.

    These are the same citizens who see the President as the Entertainer-in-chief. Chief of the "cool kids" and available to late-night talk-show hosts and other pop-cultural media opportunities while denying access to the White House press corps.

    Do I think the "public-access" servants and "useful idiots" will speak up in a meaningful way, as irritated as they are becoming? No. They serve a "greater cause." But I'd like to see my President engaged and more transparent about what matters. "Letterman" doesn't.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, nobody ever wanted to lose to Barrack Obama, yet he did!
    Then you can't blame McCain for not saving four Americans lives in Benghazi or the mess we find our country in at this time.

    Come on, the recession ended in July of 2009 and we still haven't recovered ! The unemployment rate is as high as the day Obama entered the White House.

    The day Obama took the oath as POTUS there was a Navy Carrier Strike Group in the Mediterranean and also a Navy Amphibious Ready Group in the Mediterranean with a Marine Expeditionary Unit aboard who are Special Operations Capable. Forty five months later neither was on station as they were suppose to have been. Of the last 12 Presidents, Obama was the only Commander and Chief who has failed to make sure that there was always a Navy CBG/CSG and a BLT/MEU in the Mediterranean 24/7 to quickly respond to exactly the type of emergency that happened in Benghazi on 9-11-12. Incompetency of the Cn'C. Most of the worlds nations would call it treason.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What amazes me is that the generation behind mine--my kids' generation--seems to take its political cue from Jon Stewart.

    Lots of what Stewart says is dead-on political satire, It's funny. And that's the point. Stewart is so bright and clever!

    But he's not a heavyweight intellectually; he's an entertainer, and it's sad, that there are folks who pose as serious thinkers who don't see beyond the superficialities of his wit.

    These are the same citizens who see the President as the Entertainer-in-chief. Chief of the "cool kids" and available to late-night talk-show hosts and other pop-cultural media opportunities while denying access to the White House press corps.

    Do I think the "public-access" servants and "useful idiots" will speak up in a meaningful way, as irritated as they are becoming? No. They serve a "greater cause." But I'd like to see my President engaged and more transparent about what matters. "Letterman" doesn't.
    I concur.

    I have nothing against having a good laugh. But it's gone to the dumbing down of America. Isn't that how Obama elected in the first place ?

  6. #386
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Apache I reply to your post about Charlie Wilson and yet I receive no reply from you about hekmatyer or Ahmed shah Massoud? You wound me! "Sarcasm"

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Get a grip people ... Benghazi was an attack on Americans not a CT by the Obama admin. Sure ask questions, investigate if processes could be taken to better protect Americans serving in some of the most dangerous parts of the world.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjnPeFRTLE

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Not ignoring you, just thought we were drifting off topic.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Not ignoring you, just thought we were drifting off topic.
    Oh. Ok then. Never mind.

    I just took a honors course on Central Asia and the caucus's and my report was on Afghanistan. I just felt like I should talk about it and not let the info go to waste.

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Get a grip people ... Benghazi was an attack on Americans not a CT by the Obama admin. Sure ask questions, investigate if processes could be taken to better protect Americans serving in some of the most dangerous parts of the world.

    Watch Clinton Testify Before House on Benghazi Attack - YouTube
    That's what the investigations are suppose to do, determine what mistakes were made so those same mistakes aren't made in the future.

    But the Obama administration admits there were mistakes made, but at he same time said no one made any mistakes. I have a problem with that response.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •