Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 405

Thread: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well why did Republicans vote to cut funding for Embassies security funding?
    That was debunked.....as the Senate and Obama made sure they had appropriate funding.


    House Democrats opened Wednesday’s House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearing by attacking Republicans for cuts to embassy security funding — cuts that only happened thanks to overwhelming support from House Democrats, including House Oversight Committee Ranking Democratic member Rep. Elijah Cummings. In fact, more House Democrats – 149 of them — voted for the cuts than did House Republicans, of which 147 voted for them.

    What Cummings and the Democratic Oversight Committee staff are referring to is the final fiscal year 2012 omnibus appropriations package that included $2.075 billion for the programs – $567.5 million less than the Obama administration’s request.

    Cummings and the Democratic staff memo don’t mention that Democrats made those cuts into embassy security funding possible.

    A spokeswoman for Cummings has not returned a request for comment on the matter.

    Read more: Dems accuse GOP of cutting security funding in Libya despite majority Dem support for vote | The Daily Caller

    Was there any confusion concerning that.....considering Fact Check and Politi Fact both validated it so.

  2. #362
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I can't accept this overgeneralization or the cynicism that begat it.
    So noted...

  3. #363
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    So what he supported what most Democrats did.....it doesn't compare to the Hypocrisy of Democrats in the slightest. That History which Democrats just cant get rid of. Nor will they ever.

    All one need do is look at Deaths and Wounded caused by Democrats. Whining about Iraq can't change that fact.

    The majority of Democrats in Congress voted against AOF in Iraq vs nearly every single Republican, including McCain, that voted for AOF in Iraq.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #364
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Six thousand Al Qaida fighters killed in Iraq says top official -> Six thousand Al Qaida fighters killed in Iraq says top official | GulfNews.com


    Al-Qaeda making comeback in Iraq, officials say
    Qassim Abdul-Zahra, Associated Press 6:26p.m. EDT October 9, 2012

    BAGHDAD (AP) — Al-Qaeda is rebuilding in Iraq and has set up training camps for insurgents in the nation's western deserts as the extremist group seizes on regional instability and government security failures to regain strength, officials say.

    Al-Qaeda making comeback in Iraq, officials say


    From MMC's link -
    "The group was founded in 2003 as a reaction to the American-led invasion and occupation of Iraq"
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    From MMC's link -
    "The group was founded in 2003 as a reaction to the American-led invasion and occupation of Iraq"
    Founded by the same Al Qaeda who attacked us on 9/11.

    I think most Americans were uninformed on the organization of Al Qaeda. You have Al Qaeda terrorist and Al Qaeda fighters who wage war on the battlefields. We can assume that 3,000 of the Al Qaeda who were killed in Iraq were Al Qaeda terrorist because they blew themselves up with bombs. While the other 3,000 Al Qaeda were Al Qaeda soldiers. As we see today in most of the Middle East and North Africa like in Libya, you have Al Qaeda militia's.

    Look back twelve or eleven years ago, most Americans had no clue who the Taliban was, most thought the Taliban were terrorist, they weren't. Just a splinter group of what use to be the Mujhaideen who were mostly illegal aliens living and occupying Afghanistan. We went after the Taliban in 2001 kicked their butts and they fled to their sanctuaries in Pakistan to lick their wounds for five or six years. The only reason we went after the Taliban was because they allowed Al Qaeda to use Afghanistan as a base for training and launching terrorist attacks against the West.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Founded by the same Al Qaeda who attacked us on 9/11.

    I think most Americans were uninformed on the organization of Al Qaeda. You have Al Qaeda terrorist and Al Qaeda fighters who wage war on the battlefields. We can assume that 3,000 of the Al Qaeda who were killed in Iraq were Al Qaeda terrorist because they blew themselves up with bombs. While the other 3,000 Al Qaeda were Al Qaeda soldiers. As we see today in most of the Middle East and North Africa like in Libya, you have Al Qaeda militia's.

    Look back twelve or eleven years ago, most Americans had no clue who the Taliban was, most thought the Taliban were terrorist, they weren't. Just a splinter group of what use to be the Mujhaideen who were mostly illegal aliens living and occupying Afghanistan. We went after the Taliban in 2001 kicked their butts and they fled to their sanctuaries in Pakistan to lick their wounds for five or six years. The only reason we went after the Taliban was because they allowed Al Qaeda to use Afghanistan as a base for training and launching terrorist attacks against the West.
    The Taliban came to power because of the civil war and the corrupt misdeeds of the warlords. If Ahmed shah massud had not been assasinated on September 9th 2001, Afghanistan would have had a better choice of a leader.

  7. #367
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Founded by the same Al Qaeda who attacked us on 9/11.
    They were largely Iraqi's that fought against our invasion. It would be correct to say we killed 6,000 of the "al Qaeda" in Irag that our invasion created! Big whoop!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #368
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #369
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Apache does not take Jon Stewart seriously, so he will not bother watching.

    I know from my experience of trying to debate him

  10. #370
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Apache does not take Jon Stewart seriously, so he will not bother watching.

    I know from my experience of trying to debate him

    That's alright, the majority of Americans don't take John McCain seriously!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •