Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 405

Thread: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

  1. #141
    Student Bethlehem Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    294

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    by the way - i totally disagree with a core premise of this supposed "cover up" angle

    they are arguing that it is because it wouldnt support the president's case that al-quaeda is on the run right before the election

    obama still could have pointed to taking out bin laden, and just downplay the benghazi stuff as much as possible, and still handily defeated mitt romney

    are you really implying that obama won the election simply because he managed to stall the discussion of these events?

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    I think we have to go by the facts not by the bloodlust of the Republicans on this committee. They're asking the wrong questions. What they should be asking are things like:

    1. Why did the GRS at the CIA annex engage in a 15 minute discussion to decide whether or not to provide assistance to the consulate?

    2. Why did it take nearly two hours for the GRS, which was only a mile away, to respond and conduct a rescue operation?

    3. Why did it take four hours after assistance was urgently requested from the consulate to move the JSOC from Tripoli to Benghazi and why weren't they there in the first place?

    4. Why did it take an hour to inform the SOD and an hour-and-a-half to inform the President of the attack?

    5. Why was the Ambassador locked in a burning building and abandoned by his security detail?




    Are you making up acronyms ? I've meen a member of the military community almost as long as the M-16 has been around and I don't see where SRA fits in to your conversation.

    Why don't we just agree, when it comes to the Obama administration, it's SNAFU.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethlehem Bill View Post
    by the way - i totally disagree with a core premise of this supposed "cover up" angle

    they are arguing that it is because it wouldnt support the president's case that al-quaeda is on the run right before the election

    obama still could have pointed to taking out bin laden, and just downplay the benghazi stuff as much as possible, and still handily defeated mitt romney

    are you really implying that obama won the election simply because he managed to stall the discussion of these events?
    But that's the problem, Obama didn't take out Bin Laden, U.S. Navy SEAL's took out Bin Laden.

    That it was intelligence that was gathered during the Bush administration that led to finding OBL compound in Pakistan.

    That it was the enhanced interrogations that Obama and the political left opposed that led to OBL.

    Why doesn't Obama acknowledge that ? Maybe if he did, he wouldn't have the lowest approval rating as Cn'C by those serving in the military than any other Cn'C in the past. Even lower than Jimmy Carter.

    The truth is, Barack Obama is a narcissist.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethlehem Bill View Post
    i am now embarrassed that i voted for mccain in 2008

    he went from being the "maverick", opposing military action, and fighting against pork barrel spending

    to being a bitter, petty, partisan hack bomb thrower

    what a disgrace this old buffoon has become

    the benghazi nonsense, the hagel nonsense, utterly shameful
    Lets not forget supporting rewarding amnesty to those who broke our laws, utterly shameful.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Lets not forget supporting rewarding amnesty to those who broke our laws, utterly shameful.
    President is just following the Reagan tradition!

    BTW, IMO you are one of the most dishonest posters I have encountered here. No matter what the problem, no matter when it happened or under who's watch, you win the Rush Limbaugh award for BS by always blaming it on the someone other than the republican. According to the **** you post the U.S. would be utopia if it were not for democrats.

  6. #146
    Student Bethlehem Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    294

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    But that's the problem, Obama didn't take out Bin Laden, U.S. Navy SEAL's took out Bin Laden.

    That it was intelligence that was gathered during the Bush administration that led to finding OBL compound in Pakistan.

    That it was the enhanced interrogations that Obama and the political left opposed that led to OBL.

    Why doesn't Obama acknowledge that ? Maybe if he did, he wouldn't have the lowest approval rating as Cn'C by those serving in the military than any other Cn'C in the past. Even lower than Jimmy Carter.

    The truth is, Barack Obama is a narcissist.
    im not even arguing any of that

    i am talking about it from the perspective of the campaign

    conservatives were on the internet and tv on a daily basis, shouting to anyone who would listen

    repeating every line youve said

    and obama still won the election fairly easily - that is my point. romney was a weak candidate, weaker than obama

    obama did not win the election because he "covered up" something that apparently half of this country knows about

    the conspiracy theory angle is ridiculous, this is something youd expect from a tea partier

    not a supposedly distinguished senior senator

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    [QUOTE=Texmex;1061485208]President is just following the Reagan tradition!

    QUOTE]

    And what tradition would that be ?

    >" According to Ronald Reagan himself, as told to his trusted long-time friend and U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese, the biggest mistake of his presidency was signing the 1986 amnesty for what turned out to be more than half the five million illegal immigrants in the country. Reagan was uncomfortable with the amnesty but was persuaded by some of the leaders of his own party (still living) that it would only affect a small number of illegal immigrants and would assure that Congress would follow through with more vigorous enforcement of U.S. immigration laws. The misnamed Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 was touted by its supporters as “comprehensive immigration reform” that would grant amnesty only to a few long-settled immigrants and strengthen border security and internal immigration enforcement against employers who were hiring illegal immigrants.

    Internal enforcement was critical to Reagan. He knew that the real key to stopping illegal immigration was to cut off the job magnet at the employment place. He was also honest enough to call what he believed would only be a small amnesty by its real name—amnesty. He did not try to deceive the American people into thinking it was not really an amnesty, a deception much in vogue with many politicians today. "< Ed Meese Says Reagan Regretted 1986 Amnesty | VDARE.com

    The Reagan tradition as in not trying to deceive the American people ? Obama is no Reagan.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethlehem Bill View Post
    im not even arguing any of that

    i am talking about it from the perspective of the campaign

    conservatives were on the internet and tv on a daily basis, shouting to anyone who would listen

    repeating every line youve said

    and obama still won the election fairly easily - that is my point. romney was a weak candidate, weaker than obama

    obama did not win the election because he "covered up" something that apparently half of this country knows about

    the conspiracy theory angle is ridiculous, this is something youd expect from a tea partier

    not a supposedly distinguished senior senator
    That's why I was one of those Republicans who didn't go in to shock when it was announced that Obama was reelected and would be given a second chance as POTUS. When reports started popping up three weeks before the elections that the voters going to the polls on November 6th would be the most uniformed voters in modern times, I knew it was very likely Obama would be given a second chance.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

    Hey look, it doesn't take the President to order cross border action. By the way you didn't say invade before, you said cross border action.

    And the speed of the attack was found to have been to fast to allow armed US military assets to have made a difference anyway.
    Those were not cross border operations. Tripoli is inside Libya. Even the drones were flying within Libya airspace.

    I specifically refer to armed cross border operations coming out of the med or Italy. I am not aware of where other US forces were that could have been used.

    The attack took a third of a day. Setting fire to the consulate should have been enough provocation for the President to order overwhelming support. Instead the President went missing for eight hours and then lied and lied and lied.

    And you support him. I cannot fathom why.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Those were not cross border operations. Tripoli is inside Libya. Even the drones were flying within Libya airspace.

    I specifically refer to armed cross border operations coming out of the med or Italy. I am not aware of where other US forces were that could have been used.

    The attack took a third of a day. Setting fire to the consulate should have been enough provocation for the President to order overwhelming support. Instead the President went missing for eight hours and then lied and lied and lied.

    And you support him. I cannot fathom why.
    And we would need to have informed the Libyan government of our intentions.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •