Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 405

Thread: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

  1. #131
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You forgot the civil war between Sunni and Shia.
    You forget the genocides, 17 unscrs, starving 400k children and invasions of neighbors. Do you forget the FGM, honor killings and institutional rape?

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Yes that PL would have been, and not his General, exactly my point. We recognize the many layers of command and the responsibilities each layer has, we may relieve his company commander and perhaps his BN commander if we really want to send a message but no one is going to fire the General for a dumb LT, because we expect people between that General and LT to have some responsibility.

    As for cross border operations, well obviously the President is not the only one who can direct those kinds of actions. Are you of the opinion that the only person who could order relief to into Benghazi and across international borders was Obama himself? I couldn't say who should be the the guy with the approving authority, but I know it should be the President for a situation like this and was not the President for this situation.
    So you believe that there are others who can direct the US invade a country we are not at war with? Awesome.

    Would you be comfortable with the first Major General in the chain of command being able to give an order to conduct cross border operations? We have a couple hundred of them. Or would you limit such a provocative act to Lieutenant Generals (how many of these do we have 30-40?). Or would you want it to be generals (those are they guys with four stars)?

    Any of of those several hundred people can potentially start a war and you don't really know who should be able to direct such an action?

    This was the President's responsibility and he shirked it. Four people were murdered as a result. He abandoned Americans to die without lifting a finger to help. And then he lied for several weeks (three I think). He continues to stonewall.

    I think the House of Representatives should block every single thing the president does. If he violates the Constitution they ought to impeach him. They should defund his pet projects. And they should investigate everything he does.

    In the Senate they ought to slow down legislation that supports the Marxist's agenda. They should filibuster disasters like Hegel and obstruct all of his other appointees.

    You may have a different opinion.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It still boils down to 4 dead due to bad intel in Benghazi vs almost 5,000 dead due to bad intel in Iraq.
    It boils down to Obama washing his hands to keep them clean for the election instead of doing his job and getting then help.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you believe that there are others who can direct the US invade a country we are not at war with? Awesome.

    Would you be comfortable with the first Major General in the chain of command being able to give an order to conduct cross border operations? We have a couple hundred of them. Or would you limit such a provocative act to Lieutenant Generals (how many of these do we have 30-40?). Or would you want it to be generals (those are they guys with four stars)?

    Any of of those several hundred people can potentially start a war and you don't really know who should be able to direct such an action?

    This was the President's responsibility and he shirked it. Four people were murdered as a result. He abandoned Americans to die without lifting a finger to help. And then he lied for several weeks (three I think). He continues to stonewall.

    I think the House of Representatives should block every single thing the president does. If he violates the Constitution they ought to impeach him. They should defund his pet projects. And they should investigate everything he does.

    In the Senate they ought to slow down legislation that supports the Marxist's agenda. They should filibuster disasters like Hegel and obstruct all of his other appointees.

    You may have a different opinion.
    http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

    Upon notification of the attack from the TDY RSO around 2145 local, Embassy Tripoli set up a command center and notified Washington. About 2150 local, the DCM was able to reach Ambassador Stevens, who briefly reported that the SMC was under attack before the call cut off. The Embassy notified Benina Airbase in Benghazi of a potential need for logistic support and aircraft for extraction and received full cooperation. The DCM contacted the Libyan President and Prime Minister’s offices to urge them to mobilize a rescue effort, and kept Washington apprised of post’s efforts. The Embassy also reached out to Libyan Air Force and Armed Forces contacts, February 17 leadership, and UN and third country embassies, among others. Within hours, Embassy Tripoli chartered a private airplane and deployed a seven-person security team, which included two U.S. military personnel, to Benghazi.
    At the direction of the U.S. military’s Africa Command (AFRICOM), DoD moved a remotely piloted, unarmed surveillance aircraft which arrived over the SMC shortly before the DS team departed. A second remotely piloted, unarmed surveillance aircraft relieved the first, and monitored the eventual evacuation of personnel from the Annex to Benghazi airport later on the morning of September 12.
    In coordination with the State Department and Embassy Tripoli, the Department of Defense sent two U.S. Air Force planes (a C-17 and a C-130) from Germany to Tripoli to provide medical evacuation support for the wounded. At 1915 local on September 12, Embassy Tripoli evacuees, Benghazi personnel, and those wounded in the attacks departed Tripoli on the C-17 aircraft, with military doctors and nurses aboard providing en route medical care to the injured. The aircraft arrived at Ramstein Air Force Base at approximately 2230 (Tripoli time) on September 12, just over 24 hours after the attacks in Benghazi had commenced.
    Hey look, it doesn't take the President to order cross border action. By the way you didn't say invade before, you said cross border action.

    The interagency response was timely and appropriate, but there simply was not enough time given the speed of the attacks for armed U.S. military assets to have made a difference. Senior-level interagency discussions were underway soon after Washington received initial word of the attacks and continued through the night. The Board found no evidence of any undue delays in decision making or denial of support from Washington or from the military combatant commanders. Quite the contrary: the safe evacuation of all U.S. government personnel from Benghazi twelve hours after the initial attack and subsequently to Ramstein Air Force Base was the result of exceptional U.S. government coordination and military response and helped save the lives of two severely wounded Americans. In addition, at the State Department’s request, the Department of Defense also provided a Marine FAST (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team) as additional security support for Embassy Tripoli on September 12.
    And the speed of the attack was found to have been to fast to allow armed US military assets to have made a difference anyway.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    The only thing to blame here is poor logistics and bureaucracy. The rest is partisan hackery.
    No, the White House has already said, there were mistakes made and nobody made any mistakes.

    For some incredible reason, the Obama administration decided not to blame G.W. Bush. So who else are they going to blame ?

    We have to go by the four years established track history of this current administration. The buck never stops on Obama's desk. But Obama is well known to intercept that buck when it's headed towards someones elses desk if he can use it for his own political gain.

    BTW: I'm very impressed with your use of military acronyms, not many liberals have any idea what your saying.

  6. #136
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You forget the genocides, 17 unscrs, starving 400k children and invasions of neighbors. Do you forget the FGM, honor killings and institutional rape?
    I've always loved those simplistic and uninformed analyses.

    1. Genocide - In case you didn't know; Iraq was in a state of both civil war and external war with Iran at the time. The towns which were targeted for chemical weapon use were thought to be, and were for a time, occupied by Iranian troops under the protection and in collusion with Kurdish militia. Of course, the US blamed Iran for this until it decided not to be bosom buddies with Saddam anymore and the United States provided him with chemical and biological agents in the first place. While hundreds of thousands were being butchered in Darfur we decided to invade Iraq because of an event which took place two decades before? I don't want to hear about genocide; its a hollow excuse for the invasion.

    2. UNSCRS- The US doesn't have the authority to engage in an act of war on behalf of the United Nations without approval from the Security Council.

    3. Starving Children - The sanctions led to starvation; not Saddam Hussein.

    4. Invasion of Neighbors - Always a last resort. Kuwait was invaded only after numerous appeals to OPEC failed to bring them to heal on their oil production and horizontal drilling practices. Its also worth noting that Saddam Hussein sought and was given approval from the United States in a face-to-face meeting with Ambassador April Glaspie.

    5. FGM - You can't blame Saddam Hussein for a cultural practice which has existed in the region for more than a millennium.

    6. Honor Killings - Yeah, they happened but is this really a good reason to invade a nation?

    7. Institutional rape - See above.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    2002 - US Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan attacked and 10 were killed.

    2004 - US embassy in Uzbekistan, attacked and two were killed and another nine injured.

    2004 - US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and 8 were killed.

    2006 - US embassy in Syria, attacked by armed men and one was killed.

    2007 - US embassy in Athens, a grenade was thrown.

    2008 - US Embassy in Serbia was set on fire.

    2008 - US Embassy in Yemen, bombings killed 10.

    Many embassies attacked during the Bush years before Benghazi



    Why didn't the GOP want to investigate those attacks?

  8. #138
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    No, the White House has already said, there were mistakes made and nobody made any mistakes. For some incredible reason, the Obama administration decided not to blame G.W. Bush. So who else are they going to blame ? We have to go by the four years established track history of this current administration. The buck never stops on Obama's desk. But Obama is well known to intercept that buck when it's headed towards someones elses desk if he can use it for his own political gain.
    I think we have to go by the facts not by the bloodlust of the Republicans on this committee. They're asking the wrong questions. What they should be asking are things like:

    1. Why did the GRS at the CIA annex engage in a 15 minute discussion to decide whether or not to provide assistance to the consulate?

    2. Why did it take nearly two hours for the GRS, which was only a mile away, to respond and conduct a rescue operation?

    3. Why did it take four hours after assistance was urgently requested from the consulate to move the JSOC from Tripoli to Benghazi and why weren't they there in the first place?

    4. Why did it take an hour to inform the SOD and an hour-and-a-half to inform the President of the attack?

    5. Why was the Ambassador locked in a burning building and abandoned by his security detail?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    BTW: I'm very impressed with your use of military acronyms, not many liberals have any idea what your saying.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It boils down to Obama washing his hands to keep them clean for the election instead of doing his job and getting then help.
    That's called dereliction of duty.

    Isn't Obama the Commander and Chief ?

    Is the Cn'C exempt from Article 92 of the UCMJ (Dereliction of Duty) ?

  10. #140
    Student Bethlehem Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    294

    Re: McCain claims ‘massive cover-up’ on Benghazi

    i am now embarrassed that i voted for mccain in 2008

    he went from being the "maverick", opposing military action, and fighting against pork barrel spending

    to being a bitter, petty, partisan hack bomb thrower

    what a disgrace this old buffoon has become

    the benghazi nonsense, the hagel nonsense, utterly shameful

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •