Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 121

Thread: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Doesn't matter. They don't get to appoint themselves judge and jury in this situation. Their job, as cops, are to bring him to justice - not mete it out on him just because they are pissed.
    I think justice has been served.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think justice has been served.
    I think uncontrolled government cannot actually serve justice.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #53
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yep, just a modern day Zorro he was. Lol.
    No, Zorro wasn't murdered by a corrupt police force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #54
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think justice has been served.
    Neither you, nor the LAPD, are Judge and jury in this situation, so neither of you should be able to decide this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    No, Zorro wasn't murdered by a corrupt police force.
    It's insane. It's like exalting the KGB because they kill a bad guy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #56
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    You would have to provide evidence of this.

    As far as I can see, the LAPD delivered a incendiary tear gas delivery device and it started a fire in one section of the cabin and the suspect simply chose not come out, and perhaps shot himself.

    The shot from inside the cabin was heard a full 90 seconds after the fire started. Plenty of time for the suspect to evacuate.

    Death by cop or suicide.
    Hopefully, the investigative press will do a thorough job of sifting through the evidence and details of this happening, publish them, and then any wrongdoing done by the LAPD will be duly prosecuted.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  7. #57
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,997

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    I can agree if the police violated policy and procedures they should be held accountable.

    Yet, it is interesting how some hold the police accountable, yet do not hold Dorner accountable for his actions (alledge or otherwise).

  8. #58
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I can agree if the police violated policy and procedures they should be held accountable.

    Yet, it is interesting how some hold the police accountable, yet do not hold Dorner accountable for his actions (alledge or otherwise).
    If he was the guy that did indeed write that huge manifesto thingy declaring war of course he is accountable for his actions (and scary). But dead men tell no tales. If he was a master manipulator grumpy manchild then he definitely won in painting the LAPD as prestigious power abusers. If he was an underdog good guy set up sorta how you see in the hollywood movies by a den of thieves.. well I guess the den of thieves win. I have a feeling we will never truly know.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No hero. But villain or not, the government doesn't get to murder him.
    Sometimes, they make it hard to avoid murdering them. We still don't know enough details to determine innocence or guilt, although we DO know that he killed some LEO.

    I also have to bring up the point again that there are OTHER avenues he could have taken if he was being forced out or whatever his problem was. There is an agency that investigates the police departments. I have a hard time believing that in today's age, police officers who are being victimized by superiors or fellow officers don't have an outlet, besides going on the run and killing fellow officers.

  10. #60
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sometimes, they make it hard to avoid murdering them. We still don't know enough details to determine innocence or guilt, although we DO know that he killed some LEO.

    I also have to bring up the point again that there are OTHER avenues he could have taken if he was being forced out or whatever his problem was. There is an agency that investigates the police departments. I have a hard time believing that in today's age, police officers who are being victimized by superiors or fellow officers don't have an outlet, besides going on the run and killing fellow officers.
    Common sense from you, as usual!

    Dorner had no excuse for what he wrote, and what he did.

    I do believe that the LAPD came uncorked when running him down, evidenced by the shooting at the wrong vehicles and injuring innocent civilians.

    Frankly, both Dorner and the LAPD are guilty of poor judgement and heinous actions.

    Dorner actions were no surprise, but the LAPD shoud have shown much more restraint.

    Ironically, by shooting the wrong vehicles, the LAPD endangered civilians more than Dorner did.

    Dorner cannot answer for his transgressions, but the LAPD can.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •