Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 121

Thread: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

  1. #41
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's pretty hard for me to give a damn.
    Yeah it's hard to get upset over the police planning murder.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #42
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah it's hard to get upset over the police planning murder.
    Just cannot bring my heart to bleed for a cop killer.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Just cannot bring my heart to bleed for a cop killer.
    To such degree as you ignore the tyranny of government.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #44
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    To such degree as you ignore the tyranny of government.
    Tell me you're not one of those people who thought Doornail (as in dead as a) was some sort of hero.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Tell me you're not one of those people who thought Doornail (as in dead as a) was some sort of hero.
    No hero. But villain or not, the government doesn't get to murder him.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #46
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,651

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    It's not a matter, IMO, of whether or not he was a hero. The fact is that it's pretty clear from the audio that they planned on burning the place down, with him in it. They didn't want to take him alive. The audio feed was cut to CNN and MSNBC before the LAPD started with the "burn the mother****er down" stuff, which was convenient. This is the LAPD we're talking about. The only other police organization that even comes close is NYPD.

    What he did was wrong, but it's not surprising that he's crying injustice within a department that is known for it's injustice. I just wish he (or others) didn't have to die to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No hero. But villain or not, the government doesn't get to murder him.
    Like Hatuey said, you don't hunt cops unless you have a death wish.

  8. #48
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,651

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Like Hatuey said, you don't hunt cops unless you have a death wish.
    Doesn't matter. They don't get to appoint themselves judge and jury in this situation. Their job, as cops, are to bring him to justice - not mete it out on him just because they are pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  9. #49
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    It's not a matter, IMO, of whether or not he was a hero. The fact is that it's pretty clear from the audio that they planned on burning the place down, with him in it. They didn't want to take him alive. The audio feed was cut to CNN and MSNBC before the LAPD started with the "burn the mother****er down" stuff, which was convenient. This is the LAPD we're talking about. The only other police organization that even comes close is NYPD.

    What he did was wrong, but it's not surprising that he's crying injustice within a department that is known for it's injustice. I just wish he (or others) didn't have to die to prove it.
    Yep, just a modern day Zorro he was. Lol.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Like Hatuey said, you don't hunt cops unless you have a death wish.
    That STILL doesn't mean the government gets to murder the suspect. Is this really a tough concept?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •