Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121

Thread: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

  1. #21
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Except guilty people have rights too. Such as to due process, no cruel and unusual punishment, and trial by a jury of his peers.

    The LAPD burning a man alive in a cabin is a violation of those rights - and is more egregious when his acts were done because of corruption in the LAPD.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #22
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    **** Chris Dorner. I have no love for cops but you don't go cop hunting unless you've got a death wish.
    True to a point.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #23
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Except guilty people have rights too. Such as to due process, no cruel and unusual punishment, and trial by a jury of his peers.

    The LAPD burning a man alive in a cabin is a violation of those rights - and is more egregious when his acts were done because of corruption in the LAPD.
    and the guilty people (person) could have left the cabin or gave up once law enforcement had him cornered. Could have gave up with the first round of tear gas, long before a fire. If they are not guilty, the trail would show that, correct?

    Personally, in this case the LE officers saved the tax payers some money. No need for mental evaluation, no need for an expensive trail, no need for the cost of life without parol.

  4. #24
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    and the guilty people (person) could have left the cabin or gave up once law enforcement had him cornered. Could have gave up with the first round of tear gas, long before a fire. If they are not guilty, the trail would show that, correct?

    Personally, in this case the LE officers saved the tax payers some money. No need for mental evaluation, no need for an expensive trail, no need for the cost of life without parol.
    You are assuming the LAPD would have allowed him to surrender. There is the great possibility that the LAPD would have executed him had he tried to surrendered, either in vengeance (not justice) against him targeting other LAPD officers, to prevent him from exposing the corruption within the LAPD, or both.

    And no, plenty of innocent people are found guilty all the time, mostly because the government skews the procedures to favor prosecutors over suspects. Not the guilty - merely suspects.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #25
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You are assuming the LAPD would have allowed him to surrender. There is the great possibility that the LAPD would have executed him had he tried to surrendered, either in vengeance (not justice) against him targeting other LAPD officers, to prevent him from exposing the corruption within the LAPD, or both.

    And no, plenty of innocent people are found guilty all the time, mostly because the government skews the procedures to favor prosecutors over suspects. Not the guilty - merely suspects.
    and you are not assuming they would not.

    So you see not personal responsibility on the part of Dorner?

  6. #26
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Well I listened to the full on audio and they weren't even trying to "burn him out" it seemed like. They were just burning down the house (or cabin or whatever). And how did his car get set on fire btw? You can hear the cops talking about "what corner of the house the blood spatters are in" and where to aim the "burners" They lit every single wall of the shed at once with 7 "burners" according to the audio. This isnt cops trying to flush someone out. This is cops burning evidence. There was 1 single shot and they deliberately aimed for blood spatters.... Dude is claiming he was innocent... *scratches head* Looks like some bigwig is using cops as his personal militia.

    Does the thought of this guy being a scapegoat/patsy/sacrifice enter anyone's mind at all?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #27
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Well they were stupid enough to fire a military veteran sniper with a 3-man panel in which two of them were affiliated with his partner whom he lodged a complaint against for kicking a homeless guy in the face.

    So yeah, I think they could be that stupid.
    It is mind boggling to watch people comment about topics that they seem to know nothing about.

    What you should be doing is praising law enforcement for taking down a psychotic killer

  8. #28
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Cops shooting up unarmed people in the Dorner hunt. Who gave these guys orders to attempt to kill when no one is presenting danger?? The "mistaken" identity excuse is irrelevant as these people obviously never posed any threat of any type. Something needs to be done about the LAPD. They are a terrorist organization. They do not employ peace officers. They employ death officers. It is time we have laws that put bad cops away for life. If you abuse your extra powers against society then you need to be dealt with harshly. No "internal affairs". If the cops arent prosecuted for attempted murder then the LAPD is a terrorist organization.

    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #29
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    It is mind boggling to watch people comment about topics that they seem to know nothing about.

    What you should be doing is praising law enforcement for taking down a psychotic killer
    Burning down a house is some wild west type ****. And they shot up innocent people using Dorner as an excuse.. They deserve no praise.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #30
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: Radio police talking of burning dorner's house down

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    It is mind boggling to watch people comment about topics that they seem to know nothing about.

    What you should be doing is praising law enforcement for taking down a psychotic killer
    Right, because the LAPD are such a bastion of honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •