Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    California has the 11th largest economy on the planet, and the highest GDP of any state, by a long shot. Texas is a distant and fading second -- its policies of disenfranchising millions of hispanics and denying basic public education in order for Republicans to eek out a few more elections before the GOP goes extinct there, has doomed it to second rate status.
    Kinda of shows you what the liberals in California have done to California. It wasn't to long ago California had the 7th largest economy in the world.

  2. #42
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    California has a huge economy; therefore, everything is wonderful there.
    France has a huge economy; therefore, everything is wonderful there.
    X has a huge economy; therefore, everything is wonderful there.

    Except for a flawed premise and a false conclusion, HoJ has everything exactly correct.

  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    California is a craphole that was destroyed by permanent dependency class, 3rd world immigration, primarily Mexicans. That is what Obama has planned for the entire United States. With the American culture no longer dominant, there is no way that California can ever recover.

    The Obama loving Liberals now have a supermajority in the California Legislature so the permanent destruction is virtually assured.
    Last edited by Ray410; 02-12-13 at 02:25 PM.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    California is a craphole that was destroyed by permanent dependency class, 3rd world immigration, primarily from Mexico. That is what Obama has planned for the entire United States. With the American culture no longer dominant, there is no way that California can ever recover.
    Given that many of California's city's, roads, and cultural landmarks have Spanish origins, It still has its American culture. Then again that depends what the definition of American culture is.

  5. #45
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam - John Fund - National Review Online



    I wouldn't count California out just yet. Although it seems that they have truly painted themselves into a corner they have proven to be agile and inventive in the past.

    Nevertheless, it does the heart good to see the blue model of state government trashed in such a straightforward fashion.


    Perry's been doing this for years. California's still the 8th largest economy in the world. We also have a better educated workforce, much higher property values and a steadily dropping unemployment rate.

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Given that many of California's city's, roads, and cultural landmarks have Spanish origins, It still has its American culture. Then again that depends what the definition of American culture is.
    Just stop asking others to support you, will you?

    White people can't afford any more "Proud Hispanic races."
    Last edited by Ray410; 02-12-13 at 02:57 PM.

  7. #47
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    California has the 11th largest economy on the planet, and the highest GDP of any state, by a long shot. Texas is a distant and fading second -- its policies of disenfranchising millions of hispanics and denying basic public education in order for Republicans to eek out a few more elections before the GOP goes extinct there, has doomed it to second rate status.
    We'll take that as a "Yes, I'm from California". You really shouldn't take this so personal. Hispanics will see their benefits cuts as California decends into bankruptcy. That Democrat super-majority is really going to show us how well liberal policies work; tax your way to prosperity. Good luck.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Just stop asking others to support you, will you?
    What are you saying?

  9. #49
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Perry's been doing this for years. California's still the 8th largest economy in the world. We also have a better educated workforce, much higher property values and a steadily dropping unemployment rate.
    If you'll read back in this thread, and follow the links, you'll see none of that is true any longer.

  10. #50
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    If you'll read back in this thread, and follow the links, you'll see none of that is true any longer.
    It is, but there've been like 5 of these threads in the last few months, and I'm done explaining this to people. Look at one of the other threads and you'll see that yes, California does have higher property values and a better educated workforce (than Texas), and also that our unemployment rate is dropping at a fairly significant pace.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •