Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    California is better you say? San Francisco disagrees.
    Soooo, this is supposed to prove what? Thats lots of people want to live in California, particular thriving cities like San Francisco, so the COL is high.

    Yes, that's true. And the corrollary for Texas low COL is . . .?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Uh, what?

    Focus, focus.
    You're the one who claimed growth rates don't matter. You focus.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Soooo, this is supposed to prove what? Thats lots of people want to live in California, particular thriving cities like San Francisco, so the COL is high.

    Yes, that's true. And the corrollary for Texas low COL is . . .?
    I wonder how many of the 23.5% of people in poverty living in California actually want to live there.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, although that might be a tea party wet dream, in fact, Silcon Valley remains the indespensible center of the US computer related industry.

    wow, a progressive celebrating a region that ranks 2nd in wealth concentration...and is famous for outsourcing the labor on it's products


    interesting ....

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    With 3 percent growth on a $1,959 billion California GDP (probably be 4 in the next few years), Texas will have to have how much growth to catch up in a decade, with its $1,308 billion GDP. Come on, you can do the math.
    Okay lets do the math. Texas's GDP/capita is $44,788 growing at 1.6% and California's is $46,041 growing at 1% from 2010-2011. So applying those rates, in 2021 Texas will be at $52,560 and California's will be $50,858. So Texas will be richer per capita, have less people in poverty, and have lower tax rates. California does have better beaches though.

  6. #36
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Unemployment in Texas-6.1 Unemployment in California-9.8

    Of course, that doesn't include the 100s of thousands that have simply dropped off the record books in California because they have exhausted all benefits. 920,000 people and "the majority of these customers are collecting on a federal extension claim while the remainder are somewhere in the midst of a regular unemployment claim."

    Wonderful

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Unemployment in Texas-6.1 Unemployment in California-9.8

    Of course, that doesn't include the 100s of thousands that have simply dropped off the record books in California because they have exhausted all benefits. 920,000 people and "the majority of these customers are collecting on a federal extension claim while the remainder are somewhere in the midst of a regular unemployment claim."

    Wonderful
    The consequences of liberal policies it seems. Huge inequality, high poverty rates, high crime, and failing schools.

  8. #38
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    despite all these claims about cali being so great,its population is around 12 million people higher than texas,an extremely large amount of californias gdp comes from one city,los angelas,in which if everyone decided to use washington for its primary ports over la,the state of cali would collapse overnight.california itself being a port state has an almost guaranteed income no matter how bad they screw things up,much the same as new york.


    however how can someone brag about the 9th or 11th largest economy over texas,while a few decades ago they were 5th,and their states current policies are almost a 180 of what it was then,all you are pointing out was that your policies brought cali from fifth largest to 9nth largest.most liberals wont even cite california as an example because not only have they butchered their economy through rdiculous laws and rules no sane person would pass,liberals in other states even question on wtf is going through the minds of the people running that state.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #39
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, although that might be a tea party wet dream, in fact, Silcon Valley remains the indespensible center of the US computer related industry.

    IBM is in New York. Texas Instruments in Texas. Silicon Valley is dead.

  10. #40
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    California has the 11th largest economy on the planet, and the highest GDP of any state, by a long shot. Texas is a distant and fading second -- its policies of disenfranchising millions of hispanics and denying basic public education in order for Republicans to eek out a few more elections before the GOP goes extinct there, has doomed it to second rate status.
    instead of staying on the subject of the story, you seek to turn it into a racial issue, because that is all your see in every institution...truly.. your a very sad human being.

    you must go to bed at night, hating everyone who does not share your dreams.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •