Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

  1. #11
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    You mean the fact that California has the largest economy of any state by far.

    It sucks to be a conservative and have to make stuff up.
    Nice cover, but what you actually tried to say is still posted for all to see.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Don't worry, Perry and the tea partiers have assured that Texas cheap labor economy will crash in few years as education and intellectual property becomes the drivers of the future. But good luck in the hospitality industry!
    California is growing slower then Texas is, I would reckon their economy is closer to collapse.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Actually, if you check the tax filings, most of that intellectual property is in Nevada .
    No, mostly tax cheats are there. Intellectual property is in Silcon valley and LA. But I hear Texas really excels in gun smuggling to Mexico.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nice cover, but what you actually tried to say is still posted for all to see. :lamdo
    Yep, it's there to see: California is the 11th largest economy in the world and the largest US state economy by far. Texas is fading. You stupidly forget that a smaller percentage of a bigger economy is bigger than a bigger percentage of a smaller economy.
    But I can't help you with remedial math.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, mostly tax cheats are there. Intellectual property is in Silcon valley and LA. But I hear Texas really excels in gun smuggling to Mexico.
    Intellectual property factors into GDP. And with all of that intellectual property, they are still growing slower, still have a budget issues, and still have the highest concentration of dropout factories in the country.

    Texas has none of those problems.

    But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yep, it's there to see: California is the 11th largest economy in the world and the largest US state economy by far. Texas is fading. You stupidly forget that a smaller percentage of a bigger economy is bigger than a bigger percentage of a smaller economy.
    But I can't help you with remedial math.
    Good! You're finally starting to make some sense. Now, lets take it a step further, shall we?
    A smaller % of a larger tax base is larger then a larger % of a smaller tax base.

  7. #17
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yep, it's there to see: California is the 11th largest economy in the world and the largest US state economy by far. Texas is fading. You stupidly forget that a smaller percentage of a bigger economy is bigger than a bigger percentage of a smaller economy.
    But I can't help you with remedial math.
    Not a very good offer with the math you demonstrate here. Your students should demand a refund. Yes, we saw you post that about California, however, you then went on to babble a string of nonsense attached to that fact. Then you ignored the sourced material that provess your above bolded assertion to be a lie (the first time, just hyperbole, hot air, after that, it's a lie, because you know better).

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Intellectual property factors into GDP. And with all of that intellectual property, they are still growing slower, still have a budget issues, and still have the highest concentration of dropout factories in the country.

    Texas has none of those problems.

    But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.
    With 3 percent growth on a $1,959 billion California GDP (probably be 4 in the next few years), Texas will have to have how much growth to catch up in a decade, with its $1,308 billion GDP. Come on, you can do the math.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not a very good offer with the math you demonstrate here. Your students should demand a refund. Yes, we saw you post that about California, however, you then went on to babble a string of nonsense attached to that fact. Then you ignored the sourced material that provess your above bolded assertion to be a lie (the first time, just hyperbole, hot air, after that, it's a lie, because you know better).
    Pssst: California's GDP is outpacing Texas. You foolishly comparied percentage growth, but Texas has a smaller economy.

    Do the math and check back in.

  10. #20
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Texas Trumps Governor Moonbeam

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    With 3 percent growth on a $1,959 billion California GDP (probably be 4 in the next few years), Texas will have to have how much growth to catch up in a decade, with its $1,308 billion GDP. Come on, you can do the math.
    Thank you Kreskin, but you're assuming growth that may or may not occur. In fact, with California's economy being what it is it's huge debt may hamper further growth. And no, their budget is still not under control.

    But I'm quite sure that won't stop you from trying to rehibilitate your debunked position.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •