Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 77 of 77

Thread: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

  1. #71
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    the as the way the drones will be used, they will be used the same as helicopters with better results.
    For the State certainly. Not so much for the People.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    For the State certainly. Not so much for the People.
    Catching criminals doesn't help the people?

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Catching criminals doesn't help the people?
    This will not significantly impact the crime rate, so the People get little to no positive benefit. Plenty of negative "benefit" though.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This will not significantly impact the crime rate, so the People get little to no positive benefit. Plenty of negative "benefit" though.
    You have a crystal ball to determine that? Maybe in your opinion, but the use of helicopters HAS helped increase the rate of capture of criminals. Why wouldn't drones with a much larger range and ability to see not do the same?

  5. #75
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You have a crystal ball to determine that? Maybe in your opinion, but the use of helicopters HAS helped increase the rate of capture of criminals. Why wouldn't drones with a much larger range and ability to see not do the same?
    Why would it be statistically resolvable increase over current methods? You have no data to back your point. Just the old theist argument "well you can't show that god doesn't exist" nonsense. All this is will be a tool for our continued surveillance and continued reduction to our privacy rights.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why would it be statistically resolvable increase over current methods? You have no data to back your point. Just the old theist argument "well you can't show that god doesn't exist" nonsense. All this is will be a tool for our continued surveillance and continued reduction to our privacy rights.
    More accuracy, larger range, and cheaper. Sorry, but those are the FACTS. All you can show is "oh now big brother slippery slope". No more rights would be affected anymore than a police helicopter if used in the same manner. Your fear is not an excuse not to use it.

    I'll just agree to disagree at this point since you just want to continue to delve into the slippery slope argument.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    More accuracy, larger range, and cheaper. Sorry, but those are the FACTS. All you can show is "oh now big brother slippery slope". No more rights would be affected anymore than a police helicopter if used in the same manner. Your fear is not an excuse not to use it.

    I'll just agree to disagree at this point since you just want to continue to delve into the slippery slope argument.
    So it makes it easier to constantly monitor, which is the point. How much does one of these cost? How much is a helicopter? What sort of decrease do you expect we'll obtain through the use of this technology? Is it significant and resolvable from background noise? Can you answer any of this or are you just making all your arguments up?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •