Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Just curious, why do you think it is ok for police to use helicopters for survellience, but it's not ok to use drones for the same thing?
    With a helicopter, you presume to know that your privacy is being invaded. But with drones, privacy is invaded unknowingly in probably 99.99% of the time, and as technology progresses, the likelihood of home/car invasion with drones is probable. Besides, the issue of armed drones comes into play. Then, the downward slope of assassinations on American soil by the police with drones. Don't be surprised to read about that kind of stuff within the next couple of years. That's why I'm against it, it's a completely dangerous doorway that's been opened as compared to helicopters. It really is going to be apples to oranges once the first precedent occurs.

  2. #22
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    With a helicopter, you presume to know that your privacy is being invaded. But with drones, privacy is invaded unknowingly in probably 99.99% of the time, and as technology progresses, the likelihood of home/car invasion with drones is probable. Besides, the issue of armed drones comes into play. Then, the downward slope of assassinations on American soil by the police with drones. Don't be surprised to read about that kind of stuff within the next couple of years. That's why I'm against it, it's a completely dangerous doorway that's been opened as compared to helicopters. It really is going to be apples to oranges once the first precedent occurs.
    You can get shot from a Helo as well. Someone can be down the street and see into your house with thermal imaging and know who's there. how many, where and what your doing. traffic cams can follow you while you drive and know where you are. I have no problem with them using drones to find this guy, it's a lot safer then trying to track him down an foot.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  3. #23
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well you go ahead and use a helicopter in the way they use them. See what happens.
    You can't shoot down my drone, I got stealth drone.


  4. #24
    User lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    03-03-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    75

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    If it was a white guy or an Arab I'm sure BO would have taken him out with a drone strike by now. There's always a chance he'll reconsider though.

  5. #25
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,728
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    I think it would be bad ass to have my own drone. I wonder what they cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  6. #26
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I think it would be bad ass to have my own drone. I wonder what they cost?
    Even if he doesn't have radar, I'll launch flares, cut all sig and glide out.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    It doesn't bother me if they use drones to try and capture fugitives. If the technology is available, why not use it?

  8. #28
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Lo and behold, one day, all the woodsman, survivalists and hermits disappeared from their disappearance.

    On those days "terrorists" by accusation were also magically born. We need hermit suffrage! *disappears*
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    With a helicopter, you presume to know that your privacy is being invaded. But with drones, privacy is invaded unknowingly in probably 99.99% of the time, and as technology progresses, the likelihood of home/car invasion with drones is probable. Besides, the issue of armed drones comes into play. Then, the downward slope of assassinations on American soil by the police with drones. Don't be surprised to read about that kind of stuff within the next couple of years. That's why I'm against it, it's a completely dangerous doorway that's been opened as compared to helicopters. It really is going to be apples to oranges once the first precedent occurs.
    Well considering police helicopters have the capability to shoot, so far I haven't seen any assasinations, home/car invasions etc. I think your comments fall into the paranoia catagory in that instance.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well considering police helicopters have the capability to shoot, so far I haven't seen any assasinations, home/car invasions etc. I think your comments fall into the paranoia catagory in that instance.
    I defer to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It's alarming how often the people that side with the government on matters such as these turn out to be wrong.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •