Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

  1. #1
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time - BizPac Review

    “Obama will be giving this speech on Mardi Gras, so expect binge spending and a parade of excuses,” said Stockman.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time - BizPac Review

    “Obama will be giving this speech on Mardi Gras, so expect binge spending and a parade of excuses,” said Stockman.
    His bloody innauguration cost more than the royal wedding in the UK.

    This just goes to show that people who say Obama is king are idiots.
    Obama is much more than a king. He is something close to superman meets Neo with a dash of Prince charming to permit him to spend lavishly on his tastes.

  3. #3
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Isn't that the reason for entering and succeeding in the politics business? You do get to be a King, a Prince, A Knight and so forth. Have we (or anywhere else) have thrifty rulers who didn't celebrate their victories at the expense of others who would curry their favor? He is our King for less than 4 more years. Then, we'll get a new King, just like the old King.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    His bloody innauguration cost more than the royal wedding in the UK.

    This just goes to show that people who say Obama is king are idiots.
    Obama is much more than a king. He is something close to superman meets Neo with a dash of Prince charming to permit him to spend lavishly on his tastes.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    So if a Republican wins the Presidency anytime soon, he'll just 'elope' to camp David, hitting the 2-$20 early bird special at Chili's along the way and call it good?

    Ok, the teaparty/'conservative'/GOP keep slinging all kindsa wierd terms around... King, Savior, Chosen One, Kenyan, anti-christ....

    I think part of the problem is not sticking to one and really selling it, it is like the sore losers have ADHD, ADD or some such.

    Pick one....

  5. #5
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    His bloody innauguration cost more than the royal wedding in the UK.

    This just goes to show that people who say Obama is king are idiots.
    Obama is much more than a king. He is something close to superman meets Neo with a dash of Prince charming to permit him to spend lavishly on his tastes.
    As did George Bush's and I think we can assume many presidents' inaugurations.

    Personally I have never met a single person who thought everything Obama did was right and thought of him as something similar to a king.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  6. #6
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    For a party that kept saying last year that they could ignore fact checkers, this move comes as a surprise.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #7
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    As did George Bush's and I think we can assume many presidents' inaugurations.

    Personally I have never met a single person who thought everything Obama did was right and thought of him as something similar to a king.
    This argument seems work against your favor.

    You compare the guy to Bush... in which, I am assuming, you obviously despise(might be a stretch) and disagree with most of his policy's. You are taking an example and saying it is probably equally as bad as President Bush.... while you think President Bush is terrible. And if you say you were trying to reveal some kind of hypocrisy, the O.P. nor anyone in this thread made any comment whether Bush did or did not participate in such things, and nobody revealed their opinions on what they thought about him when he was president either...

    I think you might literally have a involuntary mental impulse for when anything that is bad about this president, you have to compare it to president Bush... I'm sorry, but the guy is history, a generation of 10 YEARS of voters have past that did not participate in the Bush elections. It's irrelevant now... people can criticize this president based on their own legitimate concerns... The, may I say it, 'Bush' Card has bounced...

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    For a party that kept saying last year that they could ignore fact checkers, this move comes as a surprise.
    I thought fact checkers were just as bad as evolutionary scientists, teachers, and abortion!
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    As did George Bush's and I think we can assume many presidents' inaugurations.

    Personally I have never met a single person who thought everything Obama did was right and thought of him as something similar to a king.
    Bush's innauguration cost only about 42mil .

  10. #10
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Congressman to fact-check presidential address in real time - BizPac Review

    “Obama will be giving this speech on Mardi Gras, so expect binge spending and a parade of excuses,” said Stockman.
    Hmmm...

    I don't even have a twitter account. Maybe I'll get one for this show.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •